Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Roy did my place about half a year ago. Although not perfect, I will recommend him to others because he was the most reasonable of the IDs/contractors that we met up with. For example, my friend asked for 4, 5 quotes from other IDs for his condo, and Roy's quote was $30k less than most of the quotes.

His "selling points" are that he is very easy-going... And never once did i get a sense that he was taking me for a ride. (Sidetrack: my friend asked for 4, 5 quotes from other IDs for his condo, and Roy's quote was $30k less than most of the quotes.)Roy would do extra for stuff that i wasn't aware of. E.g., he used the crystal white glass as backsplash which would go better with my black and white kitchen even though it costs more. He could have easily not told us about it and used the typical green-tinged clear glass or pass the costs to us. He did neither.

Some of this workers had problems, like the painter was very messy and one of his plumbers was quite jiat lat. But after the feedback was given to him about the shoddy work, he got the workers to come down and rectify the problems.

But most of his workers are really quite good. They don't simply follow his instructions blindly. Some will counter-propose better ways of carrying out his plans. For e.g., the guy who did the tiling made sure that the area size of the wall can accommodate that mosaic designs such that the spacings in between are equal. His carpenter also told him to double-check the space to make sure that there is sufficient space for the drawer door to open fully.

He and his people were also very resourceful. My windows and toilet bowl resulted in a lot of problems. The windows and toilet bowls were problematic coz they were not the standard HDB windows. In the end, the toilet bowl had to be imported from M'sia, and the window parts had to be sourced from elsewhere as the company that manufactured the windows was no longer in business. Even though it was a lot of hassle, not once did he persuade us to compromise on any of them.

After sales service also quite good. For instance, Roy told us that the wall we build up will have fine cracks that will need plastering once or twice again (due heat expansion and contraction). When that happened, we called him, and the painter came down to plaster and repaint the wall properly again. Additionally, he went around the whole house and hunted for nicks and dents on the walls caused by the moving of furniture and plastered/repainted them.

Yes, I agree that design is not his strength and there were issues during the process. But I saw it as simply understanding his style of working. At the end of the day, we also need to understand that he's not only doing one house, but has many others on hand. He will need some pushing, and his checking will never be thorough as the home owners. But what is important is that he is very responsible, responsive, and reasonable.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation