Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rubypumps

Anyone Engaged Country Concept?

Helllo everyone

i chanced upon this company from a old thread here, didn't really see new reviews/blogs on country concept, just wondering if anyone had any experience with them ?

Pls share your good/bad experiences with me!

TIA!!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We met up with Field on June 12 to discuss works for kitchen carpentry, bed frames, room doors and book shelf. He appeared professional and led the conversation efficiently. At wrap-up, he said he is very busy at the moment and will need two weeks to prepare the quotation, which we agreed. As a follow-up, I also sent him a picture of our preferred bed frame a day after our meeting, to which he did not reply. 

Three weeks later, I sent him a message and asked if the quotation is ready. He did not reply. At the end of the week, I sent him another message and asked if he is still interested with our business, and requested him to give me an answer either way. Both messages were written with good tone. He did not reply. 

The next week, after calling him multiple times to no avail, I called his sister, Lane for help. She gave a weak apology and said will check with her brother. For the whole day, I did not receive any reply from him and he did not answer any of my calls. I got upset only when my calls started to go to voice mail. 

Thinking he might have blocked my call, I asked my sister to call him on her mobile as it is unknown to him. Amazingly, he answered and even agreed to an appointment on the same evening under the impression that this is a new business prospect. 

He was surprised when we showed up at the door but he immediately gave an apology as he perfectly understand his lack of service. During our conversation, I explained my disappointment to him and said I had expected him to have professionalism, take responsibility and maintain communication. We were perfectly fine if he could not take our request but all we want is a word from him. Although he apologized, it was insincere as he put it very clearly to us that we should not expect any of the "common manners" from him as other contractors are other contractors. He is himself. He works alone. He is overworked. He can't meet our timeline. Current customers whom have exchanged money with him are the most important and we are not. We should not expect professionalism or maintaining of contact with him as it is what other people do. He has his own style. 

So basically the message is, he has already apologized to us. What else do we want from him?

This is exactly the millennial mindset and attitude that is utterly frustrating these days. Do not expect them taking responsibility as customers should pity them instead. Remember! If you did not exchange money with them, you are not important.