Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
crayon05

Rezt & Relax Interior Design

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

honestly.. I got friend work in the ID industry in SG.. ( not from this company )

according to my understand .. some of the ID not even graduated from Interior Design..

and my friend not even graduated from diploma...

what my friend told me is... basically.. he just need to propose the design from the previous project..

and add some design from other project to the customer.. and most of the time.. the customer will agree on that..

The reason why they quote high.. is actually because the ID actually not pay by month wage..

their paid is actually equal to 50% or 40% of (Quotation amount - project cost ( which include the labor and material cost ) ) ..

the remaining amount (50% or 60%) will be back to company revenue...

depends on how many % that indicate in the agreement btw the company and the ID..

It is like the sales and marketing profit sharing payment scheme...

I currently plan to renovate my own house in KL..

what I do is.. i grab the image from internet and some reno magazine , then find the contractors by myself..

and compare the price with each of them...Some of the contractors even will share their designs in other projects..

and their idea is practical and good to me.. once the project start .. my house reno will give to few different contractors ..

such like air con , electrical, cabinet, grill door.... etc...

By not involve ID.. I think the reno price will be under my control ..

I guess everybody can really be a ID, not a lot of them really have the real certification of one anyway, but I would really appreciate those that really has design background.

Rezt and Relax has the most "amazingly high" quotation out of all the quotations I gotten, and seriously not impressed by them.

imo,

Expertise wise - not much

Design - I guess really depends on the designers you are engaging with, the seniors are gd but normally you will be assigned a junior, and senior is the mentor.

proposals - ability to recommend per your lifestyle/expectations, did not see much, most are copied and standard.

Just to share my recent experience with R&R. Signed up with them at an Expo exhibition, with ID Angel** W**g. On the spot, she gave a quotation of what I had required, and even signed a piece of paper stating that the prices of my add-ons will not change with time. Months later after a few rounds of revision, I compared the latest quotation with that piece of paper, the add-on item prices had been jacked up (she probably thought I don't check). Then she was never available on weekends to meet, kinda questionable when I tried to even book her in advance. On one occasion, I asked if she was too busy for me. She replied she was 'waiting for another customer to reply' first - concluded that I wasn't 'on par' with her other clients, maybe theirs was a bungalow? Then the 3D drawings never once came on time, I had to constantly give her a reminder past deadline to ask for it. Her creativity was only so-so, very run-of-the-mill type.

Then without seeking my permission, she posted the 3D drawings of my apartment on her R&R profile as a completed job, costing only $20K taking a total of 3 weeks to complete. Today, I have not even been issued my keys, and her then b&w quotation to me was $50K, with estimated 8 weeks renovation time. This is tantamount to pure dishonesty and deceit to consumers.

When I called up R&R to lodge a complain, I could only reach as far to the company's personal assistant. No official apology was ever given by R&R management.

Since then, I had met up 5 other ID firms for a quote with same specs. They responded with prices half of what Angel** W**g had quoted, and with unique designs. IMO, large commercialized firms tend to be topline driven with less creative juices. Most of their ideas are just 'copy and paste' from previous jobs. In fact, one of the concept images that Angel** W**g had presented to me, was an original job done by my current ID. Through my experience with these other ID firms, I feel smaller firms are hungrier for business, more customer-focused, and definitely full of creativity and zany ideas.

Never mind lifetime warranties - if my TV console should ever fall apart, I should be concerned about the workmanship of that ID firm rather than the free patchwork!

Hi SL76,

Can I with you which ID did you appointed ? I have met 4 ID and none of them fits my requirement. :(

SL76,

You fired your ID and engaged someone else, may I know how much you have forfeited?

May I know which project 3D drawing you are referring to, that was printed on the R&R profile booklet?

My neighbour has just signed up with R&R, but they are quite impressed with their workmanship so far.

Just to share my recent experience with R&R. Signed up with them at an Expo exhibition, with ID Angel** W**g. On the spot, she gave a quotation of what I had required, and even signed a piece of paper stating that the prices of my add-ons will not change with time. Months later after a few rounds of revision, I compared the latest quotation with that piece of paper, the add-on item prices had been jacked up (she probably thought I don't check). Then she was never available on weekends to meet, kinda questionable when I tried to even book her in advance. On one occasion, I asked if she was too busy for me. She replied she was 'waiting for another customer to reply' first - concluded that I wasn't 'on par' with her other clients, maybe theirs was a bungalow? Then the 3D drawings never once came on time, I had to constantly give her a reminder past deadline to ask for it. Her creativity was only so-so, very run-of-the-mill type.

Then without seeking my permission, she posted the 3D drawings of my apartment on her R&R profile as a completed job, costing only $20K taking a total of 3 weeks to complete. Today, I have not even been issued my keys, and her then b&w quotation to me was $50K, with estimated 8 weeks renovation time. This is tantamount to pure dishonesty and deceit to consumers.

When I called up R&R to lodge a complain, I could only reach as far to the company's personal assistant. No official apology was ever given by R&R management.

Since then, I had met up 5 other ID firms for a quote with same specs. They responded with prices half of what Angel** W**g had quoted, and with unique designs. IMO, large commercialized firms tend to be topline driven with less creative juices. Most of their ideas are just 'copy and paste' from previous jobs. In fact, one of the concept images that Angel** W**g had presented to me, was an original job done by my current ID. Through my experience with these other ID firms, I feel smaller firms are hungrier for business, more customer-focused, and definitely full of creativity and zany ideas.

Never mind lifetime warranties - if my TV console should ever fall apart, I should be concerned about the workmanship of that ID firm rather than the free patchwork!

hi which is the other 5 ID firms you visited, and which one did you choose eventually

Guest Julia Tan

Would like to hear from past and current customers of Rezt n Relax on the quality of workmanship and after-sales service which is missing in this thread. I got to know a friend in real estate agency who highly recommends R n R as an established company that has "never disappointed his clients" so need real input here. No trolls please!

We are attracted to R n R because of lifetime warranty as most things are not build to last nowadays and usually spoil right AFTER warranty period *headache and wallet-ache* . My objective view is that if a company dares to offer lifetime warranty, then the company should be quite confident about its workmanship else it is sabotaging itself with endless repairs and rectifications right? If really reliable and good quality, then it makes sense to use R n R if it is 10-20% more expensive than some fly-by-night company. Waiting to hear from customers of R n R *Fingers crossed*

I've engaged them. Terrible service. Measurements done wrongly and Incompleted works. I stayed half year into my house and those items they built are already going thru wear and tear! They even managed to find me and told me to remove my post so that they will rectify the problem but they didn't fulfill their promise. Too much hidden costs and keep asking me for money even though the job wasn't completed. I regret succumbing to their tactics and paid them full. Now I have problems getting work done and getting my money back. If u don't mind throwing away money for lousy and substandard service, getting threatened by IDs bosses, irresponsiveness and taking their own sweet time by not handing over your house to u, Causing a lot of inconvenience, put plane by their staffs, and doing all clean ups / debris by yourself, pls go ahead and engage them. They successfully created a phobia in me engaging an ID in future

Your friend in the real estate agency sure got take commission for referral one..... How I know? Because last time I also approach real estate agent tell them if they sell any new house let me know I give them 10% comms if they can get me new customers...

Edited by RetiredInteriorDesigner

I don't know why but I really hate their company name :dunno::dunno:

hahaha.. maybe you got OCD and can't stand simple words being spelt fancifully..

anyways, went to check out R&R at the expo.. was served by the bespectacled nerdy girl.. very inexperienced.. very monotonous in explaining her views etc.. saw other 2 IDs (ah beng kind)..

have not yet quote price to me.. will report back once got quote..

Just to share the details of what went wrong with my project with R&R 3 years ago while I believe there are others out there who were happy with their service but not in my case -

1) caught their contractors smoking inside my apartment

2) ID Alan hardly come on site to follow up and I have to diy

3) top hung cabinet was installed right next to the room door where the corner cause anyone who entered the room to bump into it . Could be measurement issue but R&R said I signed and agreed to the measurement .

4) study table built on top of bay window doesn't have enough leg space so have to fold our legs in order to be able to sit and use the study table properly .

5) poor quality of workmanship . Ni2abs trimmings

hahaha.. maybe you got OCD and can't stand simple words being spelt fancifully..

anyways, went to check out R&R at the expo.. was served by the bespectacled nerdy girl.. very inexperienced.. very monotonous in explaining her views etc.. saw other 2 IDs (ah beng kind)..

have not yet quote price to me.. will report back once got quote..

The price they quoted me was ok but the service, design and follow up are terrible .I rather pay a bit more to get better quality work.