Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bert7332

Anchoring Down

HDB changed the estimated completion date to end of April. WTH. I already arranged some purchase to b delivered to my new place. Haiz.

ya **** sad..my reno plans stalled and my purchases are being stored in my old room.

hopefully no further delays, if i factor in defects rectification and the cement screeding, my timeline just get stretched further.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

we were lucky to get our screeding done timely and smoothly, as we heard that the earlier batch of residents had problems with HDB sub-con asking for extra $$/long lead time/using the wrong materials...we actually contemplated asking our ID to screed it because of the long lead time of 3-4 weeks, so we were relieved that they were completed on time.

we only did it for our 3 rooms to prepare it for laminates, while our ID will take care of the tiles for the rest of the area...we can't ask for more as its free :jammin:

14516883624_e4bb5c4c3e_q.jpgscreed by Anchoring Down, on Flickr

Being first timer home owners, we did not know what to expect when it came to installing the air-conditioning. So on the day of the installation, we just told them where we wanted the blowers to be located at and left them to decide for us what will be the best way to run the trunking...

End result wasn't to our satisfaction especially in Bedroom 2, where there were 2 huge trunkings running across above the door. Though we didn't plan for wardrobes yet, we wouldn't be able to get a wardrobe off the shelves and only limit to built-in wardrobes because of the protrusion.

14538437693_43fe2e7ffd_q.jpgaircon 1 by Anchoring Down, on Flickr

Can't blame the installers as we weren't there to supervise in the first place. So we requested them to rerun the trunkings with additional labour cost being incurred, so there goes our savings in trying to search for a competitive priced aircon system.

We felt the best way was to run the piping/trunking along the walkway (i.e. outside the rooms) so that we can effectively utilised the internal space in the bedrooms. Someone probably mentioned it before in renotalk, but i guess we missed that.

So lesson learnt

Being first timer home owners, we did not know what to expect when it came to installing the air-conditioning. So on the day of the installation, we just told them where we wanted the blowers to be located at and left them to decide for us what will be the best way to run the trunking...

End result wasn't to our satisfaction especially in Bedroom 2, where there were 2 huge trunkings running across above the door. Though we didn't plan for wardrobes yet, we wouldn't be able to get a wardrobe off the shelves and only limit to built-in wardrobes because of the protrusion.

Can't blame the installers as we weren't there to supervise in the first place. So we requested them to rerun the trunkings with additional labour cost being incurred, so there goes our savings in trying to search for a competitive priced aircon system.

We felt the best way was to run the piping/trunking along the walkway (i.e. outside the rooms) so that we can effectively utilised the internal space in the bedrooms. Someone probably mentioned it before in renotalk, but i guess we missed that.

So lesson learnt

bert, I was there to supervise my and I told them I want to run it along the walkway (rooms) but due to a beam leading to the MBR, they said it's not possible for the water to run. got no choice but to do it inside as well. I measured the height, I have about 210cm left so I can buy an ikea off the rack wardrobe but not higher than 2m then.

maybe you can measure it and see see :)

Hi myzticalz, i am not sure if my installer went ahead to punch through the beam, but my new layout of trunking is all on the outside..see pic...my ID will then box it up.

14361591649_04baee81ab_q.jpgaircon new by Anchoring Down, on Flickr

And thanks for the heads up on the height clearance! :good:

On a happier note, we were pleased to get our hands on the laminates from Krono-O..their sales support is superb :good: ..no complaint so far.

Our ID suggested white skirting and so we went with his idea and will see how it will turn out in the overall scheme of things.

14369402990_9bd5e56182_q.jpgLaminate with skirting by Anchoring Down, on Flickr

Completed room

14568426783_68dd7ee8aa_q.jpgLaminate br3 by Anchoring Down, on Flickr

So lesson learnt

how much did you fork out to re-route the aircon pipings?

On a happier note, we were pleased to get our hands on the laminates from Krono-O..their sales support is superb :good: ..no complaint so far.

Great that you went for Krono O. A fair bit of savings you must had. A new hob at least. :jammin:

Hi myzticalz, i am not sure if my installer went ahead to punch through the beam, but my new layout of trunking is all on the outside..see pic...my ID will then box it up.

14361591649_04baee81ab_q.jpgaircon new by Anchoring Down, on Flickr

And thanks for the heads up on the height clearance! :good:

I had major aircon trunking problems too, and ended up rerouting it out in the hallway as well. Could have learnt from my lesson! Oh well, hope the damage wasn't too major?

I had major aircon trunking problems too, and ended up rerouting it out in the hallway as well. Could have learnt from my lesson! Oh well, hope the damage wasn't too major?

I guess thats the bane of reading too many blogs...i ended up not remembering any :(