Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
VincentWangZx

Budget Home In Punggol Emerald: Retro Modern Fusion

Nice updates.

Love the looks of the fan and black track lights running around...

What is the name of the black cable tubing ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys!

Am back from reservist so I finally get to share some updates. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but we're happy with the progress so far. Here it goes! =)

IMG_0587.JPG

Firstly, our industrial lamps have arrived! =) Making us very happy with our first Taobao purchase via 65daigou. We used it to light our toilet and passageway.

IMG_0588.JPG

We absolutely love the effect it creates in our hallway! =) as a friend put it, it's quite dramatic, so it was worth the backbreaking effort painting the ceiling.

IMG_0589.JPG

We also managed to install our one and only vintage bakelite switch at the hallway to complete the retro look. Happy! ^_^

IMG_0595.JPG

Our fans and lights in the living room are done, and just need some touch up painting. =)

IMG_0662.JPG

Finally, our glass partition is also up! =)

IMG_0663.JPG

I almost missed out on my kitchen carpentry. It's currently missing one shelf. We are happy with the black solid surface top along with our black granite composite sink and black glass hob. Gives it a modern touch in our home. =)

So happy with the way things are turning out for us, as it has been a bumpy road so far. We're thankful for a lot of unexpected help along the way that really smoothened things out for us. Will update more soon! =)

Edited by VincentWangZx

• Like 1

hi inxlee, welcome to renotalk! =) I'm sorry I would not recommend my contractor as I had to source for many things on my own instead. He was eventually only responsible for the hacking, kitchen/MBR carpentry and lamination flooring. The glass for the hacked space, lights, fans, painting and kitchen/bathroom accessories had to be settled on our own. In many ways, we were our own contractor and could have saved more money if we knew how to find a carpenter, electrician and plumber on our own.

Hi Guys!

Am back from reservist so I finally get to share some updates. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but we're happy with the progress so far. Here it goes! =)

IMG_0587.JPG

Firstly, our industrial lamps have arrived! =) Making us very happy with our first Taobao purchase via 65daigou. We used it to light our toilet and passageway.

IMG_0588.JPG

We absolutely love the effect it creates in our hallway! =) as a friend put it, it's quite dramatic, so it was worth the backbreaking effort painting the ceiling.

Love the black stripes and lamp! should list it as a mood board :D

This week is the week we're moving in! Excited much! =) Although there are many ideas we have that are yet realized, we're happy to say that we're proud of what we have done and excited about the possibilities that continue to be in coming our way! We have navigated past some tough obstacles like shabby workmanship and exorbitant charges, but we're wiser now. The last weekend was spent painting on our own with the help of kind friends, and we're glad it all worked out! =)

IMG_0757.JPG

This is our living room, with the recessed wall painted aquamarine and the skirting painted white.

IMG_0786.JPG

Our striped theme is complete! =)

• Like 3