Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Trish

Calling All Resale 3-Roomers!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for responding! I'm a little bit kiasu to be starting a 'blog' now seeing that I've yet to find my 'ideal' unit but being a complete noob and all, I thought it'll be a good idea to start learning from everyone here. As you can tell from the subject, I'm looking for a 3-room resale, in the west. From the units I've viewed so far, it seems many of the 3-room units in the resale market have more or less the standard layout - longish, rectangularish. So for a start, I thought it'll be interesting to see how you guys have managed to work creatively within the tiny 3-room and reconfigured your homes to suit your purposes and lifestyles. I saw a unit that I quite like at Bt Gombak but was utterly crushed when I got the floorplan and realised that it was pre-fab and none of the walls could be hacked (I wanted to get rid of the imposing storeroom). Any 3-roomers in Bt Gombak can advise? Thanks!

gallery_58709_258_52068.jpg

Edited by Trish

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

There are quite a few 3-roomers in RT.

A lot of us have the same layout in a certain way.

Your layout is exactly like mine but in the opposite way.

For my case I have not gotten my key (Mostly in April) as first appointment is on 6th Feb

I have go through some ideas and posted in my blog, you may reference it and hope it helps.

By the way welcome to RT ^^

Hi Trish, welcome to Renotalk and we happen to own the exact 3A layout in Bukit Gombak (来来,nice area! Lol)

Yes the walls are pre-fab so no demolishing of walls are allowed. But the space is still pretty manageable and having a store room helps a lot! Can keep all the bulky items eg luggage, vacuum cleaner etc away from sight!

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome!

Makanology, you're at Bt Gombak? How cool is that! Yeah, I like the area and it'll be quite near my folks. Pity about the renovation restrictions though. Yes, having a store is important. I was going to reconstruct one at the indent on the right in the kitchen area. Haizzz. Did you do much viewing in the area prior to finding your place? Are they all pre-fab? If so, I might have to look elsewhere le. Pity though :(

Hi we are staying behind the rather famous 24hr Teochew porridge stall (near to Swiss Cottage & St Anthony). We went to view 2 other 3I units at the condo opposite Bukit Gombak MRT Station also. But we chose our current unit due to the condition & environment of the whole area/ block, profile of residents and the space for a 3A.

If you notice, 3A units have squarish living rooms which make it easier to place the furniture and you can still opt for a L-shape sofa. The 3I units, I think are not pre-fab which gives flexibility to demolish walls but overall their layouts are too 'skinny', even the bedrooms.

Hey the unit above is in the same area too! Wah, we might have been neighbours :) I definitely want a 3A, no question about it.

3i bedroom at Blk 506 at bt batok is big. I put 2 wardrobes and a bookshelf together w queen sized bed. On measurements it is bigger than Ghim Moh 3i. Have done the measurements while doing reno for a relative. Batok Batok/Gombak is quite a nice place except that the MRT is too crowded at J. east.

I don't think there's a too early or too late to start a t-blog.

Welcome to renotalk, there are many forumers whom are more than willing to share their contacts;

do note that there may also be contractors masquerading as forumers.

Last but not least, Happy Lunar New year to all.

Hey daffodils19 (I like your nick), what's your floor area in terms of square meters?

Thanks dexufto! Was hoping fellow 3-room resale homeowners would post pics of their new homes here, like a comprehensive guide. Can be quite giddy going through so many blogs. Heh.

Hi Trish, you sure you wanna encourage fellow 3-roomers to post pictures of their completed homes on your thread? Haha I think many would be proud to share the fruit of their labour, me included ;)

Yes of course! I would love for this thread to be a one-stop, or at least first-stop for budding 3-roomers. It can be a wee bit intimidating going through all the blogs. If anyone sees anything they like here, they can then visit the original blog for further details. Or just ask here, no problem!

Hi Trish, you sure you wanna encourage fellow 3-roomers to post pictures of their completed homes on your thread? Haha I think many would be proud to share the fruit of their labour, me included ;)

Think posting of the layout of should be enough. If pictures i think will be flooded . LoL ~