Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SuperMama

Going "scandi" On Budget

Just received our keys this month to our 4rm BTO Standard flat @ Fernvale... YAY!!!:jammin: After being a silent reader here for the past 4 months, I am so happy to be able to start my own t-blog. Hehehe.

We talked to a few contractors and IDs before finalising on a guy who really impressed us with his responsiveness, his professionalism, and of course, the good reviews from RT! Hope he lives up to it!

Although our budget for renovation is only $13K, we do hope to create our dream home according to our fave theme - Scandinavian!

Here is our floor plan, will share more ideas in next post!

gallery_57430_3_62554.jpg

Edited by SuperMama

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Read Mr K is quite tied up so did not consider him at all. We engaged Renzz :)

Very happy that despite our tight budget, we can have laminate flooring for whole house, carpentry for master bathroom(+ shower screen) and kitchen (plus half wall hacking and construction), etc.

Currently, we are waiting for HDB to do the cement screeding, ID to give 3D drawings as well as HDB's approval to hack. Hopefully, things will start rolling once after CNY.

• Like 1

Weekend is here and we selected the following items for our living and dining area! Got inspired by many other t-bloggers here with the same theme.

Dining Table - a tad too long @ 1.68m but as per our measurement, it will fit just fine! Simply love the solid wood top, it was love at first sight for me. Haha!

gallery_57430_8_105496.jpg

Dining chairs - 2pcs as per photo + another 2pcs with armrests (total 4 chairs) - all white, very common design but fits our theme and most of all - comfy & affordable!

gallery_57430_8_87003.jpg

PLUS this dining bench!

gallery_57430_8_36653.jpg

We shortlisted this sofa....

gallery_57430_8_21135.jpg

Alas, due to budget constraint, we selected the following 3-seater instead. Covers are not detachable but we figure we can maintain it with a steam vacuum (keeping fingers crossed!) Love the design toooooo!

gallery_57430_8_235135.jpg

cant wait to see your reno. i am also shortlisting renzz but was worried he might not wanna do small projects. now i'm all in! will wait for your progress!

Hi myzticalz,

We only have laminate flooring for whole house, hacking of kitchen wall and construction of a half wall, kitchen carpentry, 1 x bathroom carpentry and sliding door, shower kerbs for both bathrooms. Electricals are another $1+k. Very simple reno with minimal built in stuff.

GONG XI FA CAI !

My ID sent us 3D drawings for our open concept kitchen! Although he said it is not 100% true to actual but we are so excited about it as we can visualise based on these.

My tiny kitchen with induction hob (we selected this combo of material and colours)

gallery_57430_7_2375.jpg

The half wall to be hacked & our counter table! I requested for extra space on the right so I can save money & also put baby's highchair, etc

gallery_57430_7_15106.jpg

Saw this bar stool at Comfort Design but it's over $200! Ouch.

gallery_57430_8_251582.jpg

But we won't give up, found something similar on Taobao and will be getting a pair for our kitchen counter table. Hehehe.

gallery_57430_8_11983.jpg

Edited by SuperMama

TB is so addictive.... Initially, we said we are ONLY buying the LED tracklights & tracks.....

then we added this ceiling lamp for our foyer.....

gallery_57430_8_30777.jpg

and this wall clock....

gallery_57430_8_26649.jpg

and these cushion covers! OOPS!

gallery_57430_8_18533.jpg

Not sure if we should get this TV bench though :notti:

gallery_57430_8_51400.jpg

More to come!