Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Can anyone expert/experince frenz advise me the below quotation :-

Masonry Works

1 Construct main entrance kerb $ 38.00

2 Supply & lay (60 x 60)cm glazed/matt homogeneous floor tiles at foyer, living/dining & passageway $ 2,640.00

3 Supply & lay glazed/matt homogeneous skirting at foyer, living/dining & passageway $ 420.00

4 Supply & lay (60 x 60)cm glazed/matt homogeneous floor tiles at 3 bedroom $ 3,180.00

5 Supply & lay glazed/matt homogeneous skirting at 3 bedroom $ 530.00

6 Construct cement motar kitchen cabinet base with side skirting. $ 300.00

7 Construct cement motar tall unit cabinet base with side skirting $ 60.00

8 Construct fridge base c/w tiles finish $ 150.00

9 Construct washing machine base c/w tiles finish $ 150.00

10 Construct shower kerb at master bathroom $ 150.00

Plumbing Works

1 Install outlet drainage pipe for sink, washing machine. $ 100.00

2 Provide labour to install 1 no of wash basin & tap . $ 160.00

3 Provide labour to install 2/3 nos each bath rm accessories set at 2 bathrooms. $ 1 20.00

4 Provide labour to install kitchen sink & tap. $ 1 00.00

5 Provide labour to install 1 no storage heater $ 120.00

D Electrical Works

1 Electrical wiring & fitting form as attached. (est) TBA

E Ceiling Works

1 Supply & install design false ceiling at foyer, living/dining & passageway $ 1,150.00

2 Supply & install curve cove lighting at foyer, living/dining & passageway $ 1,380.00

3 Supply & install design false ceiling at master bedroom $ 450.00

4 Supply & install design cove lighting at master bedroom $ 340.00

F Aluminium & Glass works

1 Supply & install PD door c/w glass panel at kitchen entrance $ 550.00

2 Supply & install 5mm thick bronze mirror dining feature wall $ 930.00

3 Supply & install 5mm thick clear mirror beside shoe cabinet FOC

4 Supply & install aluminium sliding window at service yard $ 580.00

5 Supply & install 10mm thick 1 fixed 1 slide door at master bathroom $ 600.00

G Plaster & Paint Works

1 Paint internal walls & ceiling using Nippon Paint for whole unit (5 +1) colours $ 1,200.00

H Carpentry Works (Inclusive of soft closing for all casement door)

Foyer

1 Design & fabricate full height shoe cabinet c/w settee in laminate finish $ 1,480.00

Approx size: 1500mm (L) x 450mm (D) x 2590mm (H) -

Living

2 Design & fabricate suspended round edge TV console in laminate finish $ 1,610.00

Approx size: 2100mm (L) x 500mm (D) x 2590mm (H) -

Kitchen (Package)

3 Design & fabricate L10ft btm kitchen cabinet in laminate finish $ 3,888.00

4 Design & fabricate L10ft top kitchen cabinet in laminate finish

5 Supply & install L10ft quartz kitchen worktop c/w front profile & back splash

6 Additional 7ft extended kitchen cabinet $ 1,030.00

7 Additional 7ft extended kitchen worktop $ 1,260.00

8 Design & fabricate L2ft tall unit cabinet in laminate finish $ 780.00

Master Bedroom

9 Design & fabricate L9ft full ht casement door wardrobe in laminate finish c/w mirror $ 2,560.00

Master Bathroom

10 Design & fabricate L2.5ft top & btm vanity cabinet in laminate & mirror finish $ 850.00

11 Supply & install L2.5ft & D2ft c/w back splash & front profile 20mm thick quartz kitchen work top. $ 450.00

12 Supply & install L2ft tall hung storage cabinet in laminate finish $ 380.00

I Misc items

1 Haulage,sand & debris removal services Main Con

2 Dismantle existing wash basin at master bathroom Main Con

3 General cleaning to whole unit & chemical washing at kitchen, master bath, common bath $ 250.00

4 Laying of corrugated paper for floor protection $ 160.00

Special Discount $ (1,296.00)

Total cost for the above mentioned requires $ 28,800.00

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Looks a bit ex. Just to share some info, when we went to Malaysia Jusco at Bukit Indah recently, there was a furniture shop. According to the salespeople, customized warrobe at RM270 psf. We seen the quality, seem to be good. Just need to pay Rm580 for custom tax, irregardless of how many pc furniture you order.

Might want to consider.... since bukit indah is not very far from Singapore if you go by tuas.

Cynthia

• Like 1

Hi,

Looks a bit ex. Just to share some info, when we went to Malaysia Jusco at Bukit Indah recently, there was a furniture shop. According to the salespeople, customized warrobe at RM270 psf. We seen the quality, seem to be good. Just need to pay Rm580 for custom tax, irregardless of how many pc furniture you order.

Might want to consider.... since bukit indah is not very far from Singapore if you go by tuas.

Cynthia

hi there, can share the furniture shop name? thanks :)

• Like 2

Hi Ahhui,

your price seems ok lah.

Different company when quote you will be different prices because they have "lobangs" from diff sub-contractors and materials suppliers.

I personally feel that the workmanship must be good and the communication between you and the company rep must be good. Only then you will comfortable to release your expensive asset to them.

Like for myself, i went ahead with a slightly more ex quote just because the IDs are friendly and gave the warm welcome feeling

Choose wisely.

I agree with SimpleMindlady with regards to the communication. I think it might be also better to find a few other quotations and talk to more people so you can get a better deal. You will not know the workmanship of the contractor before it is done anyway.

Hi AhHui,
I share the same sentiments as what's said earlier. Unless you super like this id, there's no harm, setting aside more time to run through other id since we are talking about a substantial amount of money involved.

**advertisement**
Electrical works, we actually engage someone from JB, licensed electrician here. And if you do drive to JB, we find buying lightings and fans from JB are way cheaper than in Singapore! But to note that if we stay less than 48h in JB, then we are only GST-exempted for goods worth $150, otherwise it'd be $600, per person.

We are now sourcing for curtains. Hope can get a real good deal one
Anyway, Good Luck in the hunting!

Edited by Advertising Staff

Hi guys & gals,

We're slated to get our keys to 4-room flat by early May. Now pondering about renovation works and ID. Had a walk around IMM and gotten a stack of name cards; however, subsequent online checks seems to point towards more negative comments on most of the ID shops, except for Outlook. So just wanna do a quick check with all of you here if Outlook is good / reliable? The ID that talked to us is a lady by the name Delphine Sing.

Separately, can I check if we're allowed to engage JB-based ID / renovation contractors to carry out work to our flat? Though cost is an important consideration, I just wanna make sure that if we are to engage a JB-based ID and/or contractor, we're not in breach of any Singapore laws huh?

Thank you!

Hi AhHui,

I just feel that your quotation is on the higher side. My first quotation is quite similar to yours but after painstaking searching around. Finally got one who is RADAC accredited and HDB licensed contractor. His price was a couple thousands below. Personally, I feel comfortable in talking to him.

Advice is to search one or two more.

Hi Shunjou,

I think is better to engage local contractor. Firstly, easier to apply for renovation permit and they can be partially responsible for any illegals amendments to done to the house. Secondly, if you have any issues with the carpentry work, etc, it is easier to go back to local contractor for repairs.

Hi Shunjou,

true to what jchin1228 mentioned. Local just because u can always go back to them anytime.

Aside from that, if costing plays an important role in your decision making, find IDs where they give you free gift. Had an ID which just did a follow up with me informing me that their management giving some electronics free for anyone who signs up by end of April.

Too bad I had done my signing with another company.

Many choices out there really. Search a little more and you will find the right one.

PS: Always meet up with your potential ID so that you are able to experience and see if they are sincere in doing business with you. Afterall, youre going to hand over half million worth of your asset. Trust and gut feeling I feel is important.

Good Luck!!