Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elin1029

My First Renovation Experience

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Similar issue with my contractor's quote. His carpenter said he's isn't aware of the 4 x FOC Blum hinges, and my contractor doesn't seem to have communicated this to the carpenter, despite my urgings. Gotta wait and see.

So yep, I think all we can do is to check and insist.

See, being the typical Singaporean, if what they said is really true, that giving me Blum drawers is actually cheaper than using runner tracks with carpenter-built drawers, then I don't mind not changing. Also save the hassle of changing, as all my stuff are inside drawers already. But of course, if it's not true, then I will feel being short changed.

Final payment done already, but Mr K is actually quite nice, he said he can change all drawers to Blum drawers. Now I'm thinking if I should or not.

Edited by elin1029

Hi elin1029

I think you should change them to blum drawers. Since you were quoted for that.

My reno was done by Mr K too. I experience and understand the not "so fast" part, my reno started in October and "handover" was in late December. We have to constantly "chase" him to get things move a little faster. However, in terms of carpentry work, so far so good...

We just discovered that the door handle was of different model of our choice, told him about it and he offered to change it (after CNY). I would say his after sales service is still good (we had already paid him in full).

He quoted me 9k plus for my kitchen cabinetry inclusive of blum items and quartz top. Was quite shocked at the price. :jawdrop:

• Like 1

Similar issue with my contractor's quote. His carpenter said he's isn't aware of the 4 x FOC Blum hinges, and my contractor doesn't seem to have communicated this to the carpenter, despite my urgings. Gotta wait and see.

So yep, I think all we can do is to check and insist.

I hope you will get the Blum hinges. Let us know how it goes.

Hi elin1029

I think you should change them to blum drawers. Since you were quoted for that.

My reno was done by Mr K too. I experience and understand the not "so fast" part, my reno started in October and "handover" was in late December. We have to constantly "chase" him to get things move a little faster. However, in terms of carpentry work, so far so good...

We just discovered that the door handle was of different model of our choice, told him about it and he offered to change it (after CNY). I would say his after sales service is still good (we had already paid him in full).

It's great that he offered to change. After reading about other contractors, Mr K seems like such an angel. We have a bit of an issue recently but luckily he was not confrontational and he would call right away to clarify and pacify.

Regarding the drawers, the explanation given was that Blum runners cost the same as Blum metal side panels, and then fabricating those drawers are an additional cost. Somehow I have a nagging doubt about the explanation and I probably should insist they change to Blum drawers. But I'm likely to let it pass. Here is a picture of my drawers, different from the usual metal Blum drawers most get.

cabinets.jpg

He quoted me 9k plus for my kitchen cabinetry inclusive of blum items and quartz top. Was quite shocked at the price. :jawdrop:

Sama sama... Then you must make sure everything is Blum!

*TAKEN*

T1dZ4FXchpXXaPR2bX_115108.jpg_460x460.jp

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.316.gPaEF3&id=3133033510

Have two of these lights from Taobao to give away. Bought extra during reno and finally not used. I wanted pendant but my taobao buyer (BIL) probably made a mistake and bought the ceiling mounted ones. Size is smallest (12x12cm). Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by elin1029

*GONE TO GOOD HOME!*

A doggy bed from Taobao to give away also.

T1CV48Fn4hXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.wR52Ld&id=26989000062

This is how it looks after I've assembled. Didn't manage to fix the ladder because it was almost impossible to align the parts and screws (unlike Ikea assembly).

The bed is about 1m long. Quite big and heavy. Giving away because for now (while the old dog is still around, hopefully for a long time), prefer to keep their room uncluttered for ease of cleaning since old dog pees everywhere. Self collect Hougang area (near Punggol Park).

DSC_0195.JPG

Edited by elin1029

Regarding the drawers, the explanation given was that Blum runners cost the same as Blum metal side panels, and then fabricating those drawers are an additional cost. Somehow I have a nagging doubt about the explanation and I probably should insist they change to Blum drawers. But I'm likely to let it pass. Here is a picture of my drawers, different from the usual metal Blum drawers most get.

cabinets.jpg

Hi

Just stumbled onto your blog. I know you already messaged me and I replied. But i feel that since you paid for Blum (and they agreed to change?), you should insist on Blum. Otherwise, you will always regret every time you open your drawer. Every time you show your kitchen to friends, you have to explain: I paid for Blum but etc etc..... It is very 'sian". Happened to me before. I paid for some expensive toilet seat but they delivered a cheaper version. Because some time had passed, I let it past. But for several years, every time I sit on the WC, I cannot help but think of it.

I don't know if it is true that fabricating this was more expensive than Blum. Most likely, it should be cheaper. It does not make sense for a worker to spend more money to do something when Blum is cheaper. Perhaps, they forgot you wanted Blum.

• Like 1