Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elin1029

My First Renovation Experience

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

mad love for your toilets - bold move to paint! typically we opt to tile it but actually if water is contained to shower area (which is what most toilets today have anyway), paint should last I reckon!

mad love for your kitchen too! the flooring is HERF right? is it Amsterdam eggshell? my hubby sooooooo scared to use grey/white!

Why is he afraid to use grey/white?

No it's not HERF. It's normal laminate, Kronotex Mammut.

Awww.. lucky pooches. So nice of you to give them such a big and comfy space. :thumbs up: Everything's looking gorgeous!

Actually not that lucky compared to some dogs that get free roam of the house! Thanks :)

If you see pictures of your house appearing somewhere else on the Internet without your knowledge, how would you feel? Take it as a compliment some people think it's nice enough to feature them or feel upset they are being spread around the Internet?

If you see pictures of your house appearing somewhere else on the Internet without your knowledge, how would you feel? Take it as a compliment some people think it's nice enough to feature them or feel upset they are being spread around the Internet?

Take it as a compliment unless the poster misrepresents certain information like he is the house owner/designer. Actually, if you post your pictures online, you should be prepared that it will be downloaded.

I will take it as a compliment and take it that it kind of help others to design the house.

However if it is used commercially without permission then I don't think its right.

(*juz my 2 cents worth)

Someone just showed me a HDB Tumblr thingy and on it are many pix I have seen on this T-blog forum. Not sure how they got there. May or may not be intentional.

I will see it as a compliment too.. You may like to watermark your designs so people know where it came from?

Also to drop them a note to acknowledge the origins of the designs..

oh yea, i know what u mean... i'll hate it when people do that to my works too.

maybe can consider watermarking the pictures in future.

Don't really like it leh. That's why in the first place I thought for a long time before starting this blog.

Should have watermarked them, but it's an extra step that requires a bit more time, and as it is today, time is so little and so precious. Hardly got time to sleep!

Anyway here's the mirror finally up in the master bathroom. I wanted to buy an off the shelf mirror, but the design and size of mirror were much constrained by the two hanging lamps. Design - cannot be too complicated to clash with hanging lamps. Size - smaller to keep the lamps out or bigger to include the lamps? In the end, got the contractor to custom build one to cover the entire wall. Turned out pretty well.

20140219-091004.jpg

20140219-091015.jpg