Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I think it is expensive imho, considering some items painting is 1500+500; and hacking of everything is 9k++

I cant comment much because I don't have contractors quotes and my ID quotes only have carpentry items

Carpentry I calculated is less expensive comparing my ID quotes (not contractors) but not for painting

What you can do not is: since you have signed a 60k+ contractor, take every item and breakdown into per square feet/per feet then multiply by the actual feet done.

For each item:

1) Per feet bill higher than quote (DO NOT PAY - Demand explanations)

2) Per feet bill same as quote but bill is higher due to longer dimensions done

- Check why he under quote in the first place. Why first measurement not accurate.

4) Per feet bill same as quote

- Dont be too quick to pay. Take measuring tape and measure every single item. I sure many people will err on the high side if the owners don't check.

Let us know what you find :) Nice reno btw. Enjoy your new house.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think it is expensive imho, considering some items painting is 1500+500; and hacking of everything is 9k++

I cant comment much because I don't have contractors quotes and my ID quotes only have carpentry items

Carpentry I calculated is less expensive comparing my ID quotes (not contractors) but not for painting

What you can do not is: since you have signed a 60k+ contractor, take every item and breakdown into per square feet/per feet then multiply by the actual feet done.

For each item:

1) Per feet bill higher than quote (DO NOT PAY - Demand explanations)

2) Per feet bill same as quote but bill is higher due to longer dimensions done

- Check why he under quote in the first place. Why first measurement not accurate.

4) Per feet bill same as quote

- Dont be too quick to pay. Take measuring tape and measure every single item. I sure many people will err on the high side if the owners don't check.

Let us know what you find :) Nice reno btw. Enjoy your new house.

Thanks. Will nego with him again after CNY. Not my house though.. My mum's one. Will be doing mine shortly as we are still waiting quotes from IDs/contractors. At least i know what to expect for my own house reno..

You should also check whether the fees include hauling the doors/tillers to your unit. My tempered glass door was also quoted at SGD$850 per piece but excluded an additional $200 per piece to bring the door up to the 6th floor.

Too late for you to ask right now right? I am contractor too. I don't think you sign at 83K for a 4rm with this kind of outcome. :notti:

*FAINT*

83k and still gotta see exposed electrical casing !!!

Did not take pics of masterbedroom though but it comes with wardrobe and a dresser.

Here are the bills (There are some duplicate/mistakes and have yet to tell contractor):

Bill page 1

icwd.png

Bill page 2

hiss.png

Bill page 3

rret.png

Any comments guys?

Wah pian.

Thanks. Will nego with him again after CNY. Not my house though.. My mum's one. Will be doing mine shortly as we are still waiting quotes from IDs/contractors. At least i know what to expect for my own house reno..

Why you didnt help your mum by posting the quote before the works started?

Sick.

Think you can get 3 Quote base on the item written (I would suggest you pay them a quotation fee just be fare to people)

there you may seek CASE advise for a negotiation with the contractor.

Haiz.. See this thread very sad.

Initial quote was abt 60+k but it was with china tiles. Then we changed to european tiles. Already told my mum that his quote was ex compared to another one we received which is slightly below 60k but my mum wanted to use him as he was highly recommended by her friend.

Anyway, those who say 40k can settle is too optimistic la. We did ask several IDs but they said to fully overhaul a 4a resale room, minimum would need about 50+k.

Really to expensive, 50-06k is ok depend on material

Did not take pics of masterbedroom though but it comes with wardrobe and a dresser.

Here are the bills (There are some duplicate/mistakes and have yet to tell contractor):

Bill page 1

icwd.png

Bill page 2

hiss.png

Bill page 3

rret.png

Any comments guys?

WoW..... way too much lei. Can share what company or not? Anyway, paid already just enjoy the new house la.

But I was thinking why your mom choose to install so many Down lights? The ID did not recommend Cove lighting?

My point of view, this Reno can not be exceeding 50k. Too Ex....

You guys will all faint if you know my first renovatiin experience. really bad with this contractor called Mr S recently. The guy appeared honest in ourfirst few meetings and the quotation seemed reasonable after some comparison. We kicked start the work in August 2013 and he looked fine in early stage, giving VO on some hidden costs from time to time though. As I have been very busy at work, as long as he kept things going and he did not go too far I just closed one eye.The main turning point came after we made the major payment and he failed the read correctly the color schemes on the designer’s drawing and pasted wrong laminate to our cabinet. He totally flared up and refused to admit his mistake or retify until the designer pointed out it was his mistake. BTW, the designer was hired by him on freelance base. Sine then his attitude became very bad and he worked slowly. There were many days in which nobody appeared on the site at all, or appeared only in late afternoon. Then he made another mistake on the glass backing in the kitchen and he kept blaming us for changing our minds again and again. Come on, his designer proposed it and we just accepted. it is so obvious that he is overwhelmed by the projects on hand and is not capable to follow the drawings properly. We had a big debate with him, stood firm and insisted that he must go retify the problem.Due to the delay in work, we had to accept delivery of new eletronic appliances to our unfinished apartment. And then one morning my husband found that his workers did not lock the door after work! Fortunately our valuables were still there.At the end, in Dec he finally completed the work, although we were quite unsatisfied with the detail(eg, the wall surface is uneven even after platering and he has many excuses for poor work such as HDB has poor quality walls, etc). Overall instead of the calendar months as promised, it took him more than 3 and a half months to complete it and i had to keep messaging him asking for a deadline.He promised a one year warranty for the work done in the contract. We had found so many problems in the past few months after we moved in (switch failure, switch trip, laminate peeled off, floor tile gap, etc). He attended only to our first request one week after he collected full payment, to replace a failing switch, after which he refused to provide any further guarantee service ‘for free’. He even said just go ahead to complain me.How can we deal with such guys who doesn’t care about contact or reputation at all? I think one major lesson is to hold back the payment until you are satisfied and sure. The sample contract on CASE‘s website provides a much slower timeline for payment than the contract he provided. Must check carefully on all quotation and cannot give in for the sake of time and convenience. Some people just try to test and push further your limit.

The price of your 3 bedroom "china" homogeneous tiles i can lay my 4 room flat Living, Dining and 3 bedroom.

This contractor is horrible, please name and shame him here!

Almost fainted when i see "item 11", windows with no grills $7880???!!! :jawdrop:

Edited by Vct

The price of your 3 bedroom "china" homogeneous tiles i can lay my 4 room flat Living, Dining and 3 bedroom.

This contractor is horrible, please name and shame him here!

Almost fainted when i see "item 11", windows with no grills $7880???!!! :jawdrop:

I second that, it's ridiculously EX!