Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

#CalvinTan told me that my 3D drawings will be ready on 28 Feb (Friday)!!! Super excited I'm telling you. Will share my 3D drawings with everyone once they are ready! In the meantime, here are some photos that I secretly took of the #PoshHome showroom while #CalvinTan was preparing my pre-contract agreement... (Anyway I think I didn't mention before, they sell furniture & lighting too!)

Industrial/ Eclectic/ Scandinavian fanatics will LOVE this place.

• Pencil-legged furniture (leather/fabric sofas, lounge chairs, eames chairs, wishbone chairs name it they have it)
  • Cement screeding floor finish, as well as other sections with vinyl BerryFlooring finish (the raised platform with the woody laminate grain flooring)
  • Bold coloured, as well as gentler-coloured furniture
  • DIY tables that have legs that are basically struts from metal scaffolding for that metal industrial-theme
  • They even sell beds lor. Wish I hadn't bought my bed so soon. hahaha...

CFO & I absolutely love this TV console & the pencil legs. Will fit in quite nicely for our scandi-theme... love it to bits. Also see the functional coffee table that allows you to keep magazines/newspapers below for hiding clutter

(take note of the #EUBIQ track below the wall-mounted TV, #PoshHome is their main distributor in Singapore I think)

gallery_54206_8_36001.jpg

One half of the LeonJennaWong checking out the hinges and the spacious interior of the beloved TV console. Yes that half supports the current laughing stock of the barclays premier league... (in case you still don't know, I'm talking about the manchester united jersey)

gallery_54206_8_8897.jpg

OTHER PRETTY SNIPPETS OF #POSHHOME BEAUTIFUL SHOWROOM

gallery_54206_8_11937.jpg

gallery_54206_8_4607.jpg

gallery_54206_8_8653.jpg

gallery_54206_8_53248.jpg

Edited by leonjennawong

More pictures of the individual piece of furniture that CFO & I thought would be suitable for our scandinavian theme... :):) :) so happy... hehehe..

MORE PENCIL-LEGGED BEAUTIES - SEE WISHBONE CHAIR TOO

gallery_54206_8_28112.jpg

EAMES ROCKING CHAIR... APPARENTLY #CALVINTAN SELLS BOTH THE FIBREGLASS & PP VERSIONS..

gallery_54206_8_36961.jpg

NICE DINING TABLES

gallery_54206_8_29226.jpg

gallery_54206_8_30210.jpg

ANOTHER DINING TABLE, THIS TIME WITH MORE EAMES CHAIRS... I BELIEVE THE FLOORING IS "BERRYFLOORING". ALSO CARRIED BY #POSHHOME... FOR THOSE WHO ARE TAKING THEIR SCANDI THEME TO ANOTHER LEVEL.... like me. hehehehe.

gallery_54206_8_38795.jpg

I believe I have sent my quotation to all who asked already... If I left you out, do let me know.. Hehe and paiseh..

Hello I was the first to ask and you left me out!! 8| Hahaha

Hi I'm back... Quite a few people have asked me about the beautiful TV console that I'm aiming for & of cos about other furniture too.. I'm happy to attach the hyperlink to the #PoshHome website below:

http://posh-home.com/index.php/table/dining-table.html

I have also taken the trouble to do a printscreen (albeit a little small...) for the TV console that you all have been asking for~~ I'm still not sure as to whether or not there is a hole at the back, but will let you all know once I do... anyways I'm not worried because #CalvinTan can help me to modify it if it doesn't have a hole currently...

gallery_54206_8_24362.jpg

how much is the dining table below?

gallery_54206_8_28112.jpg

how about the tv console u posted? i don't see any cuts into the back of the TV console?

Thanks!

I saw on the website that this is called the TT239 CARLOS DINING TABLE.

The dining table comes in either ash or walnut colour... costs $1100 for 1.6 metres, will there also is a 2 metre version at $1340.

Dimensions are: W160 X D90 X H75cm or W200 X D90 X H75cm

BTW, i love it too. the legs are so pretty. :P

• Like 1

Well well well... Today I want to talk about my choice of flooring.. To me, scandinavian theme usually has to go with good and nice woody grainy flooring... Maybe I got influenced by my good friend a little bit.. and also all those Pinterest posts on scandinavian living areas... (see post #23 for pictures) Haha.. Anyway I started to follow the famous #Evorich on facebook & slowly grew more and more convinced that I have to have some sort of laminate/vinyl flooring done for my living/dining area...

I also managed to catch an #Evorich roadshow at one of the Singapore Expo events & boy, they do look quite popular.. Found out that their roadshow price was like $7 psf... which amounted to about $3100 if I want to do up my living & dining area (including the corridor which leads to the bedrooms) only. This kind of price got rejected hands-down by CFO... Her initial belief is, we had already opted in for the HDB floor tiles to be done up & are going to be paying for it (though using CPF).. Why should we spend extra money to lay additional flooring over these tiles? Also, she prefers the clean squeaky feeling that comes with a freshly mopped floor that only ceramic (or similar) tiles can offer... Big headache I tell you... my dream was about to come to an end.... When..

I found #Bilrich! Haha apparently they are the ASEAN region distributor for these HERF (high end resilient flooring) vinyl flooring from France, called #Alsafloor... I did some research on youtube, google & facebook for #Bilrich and #Alsafloor... This #Alsafloor looks to be quite a reputable brand in Europe.. They have nice professional looking catalogues in english & french, and you know what's the best part? Their vinyl floor price was at $4.50 psf! The only drawback was that for that price, I could only choose from 8 colours (from V01 to V08) & the thickness of the vinyl floor is only at 5mm, which may (or may not, depending on the #Bilrich sales person #May Tng) lead to the hollow feeling under your feet.

And I'm just reading off their catalogue here... But it comes with:

• 20 years warranty (for discolouration, warping due to water etc.)
  • sound insulation of (only) 5dB,
  • water proof
  • pressure/strain/wear/fire resistant
  • uses some patented clipping installation system (though I dunno what is the difference with other laminate installation techniques)
  • Graded A+ for emissions tests for volatile organic compounds such as formaldehyde (important, especially if the product is too cheap to be true.. nowadays everything can be made in China.. scary.)

My good friend Mr Muscle & I went down almost the next day to the #Bilrich office to check out the product & we were served by this sales lady #MayTng and her boss... But I'd rather talk about her. Her boss kept trying to get us to buy the more expensive ranges... which made the visit so needlessly draggy. Anyway #MayTng is a very responsible and fast acting sales-rep.. I have even asked her if she could take pictures of the #Alsafloor for me to send to #CalvinTan & she always responds very promptly & professionally. :good:

In the end, I was convinced enough by the #Alsafloor product & based on the research I had gathered, it was a complete steal. (actually I think it is so similar to #Evorich, just that #Evorich is more aggressive with their online marketing) BUT not enough. I had to find a way into my CFO's heart. Hahahaha... Must be something i learnt from my previous company.. To package things nicely to seek buy-in. :P

Project Seek CFO Buy-In #1 - Vinyl Flooring Purchase Request package

• CHALLENGE #1: CFO was not convinced by vinyl flooring & didn't do as much homework as I did, which was a big factor in me knowing that this was a good deal... ANS: I started singing even more praises of #Alsafloor and slowly slowly updated her with all the technicalities of vinyl flooring... Like how the emissions testing is important (I'm doing health & safety for a living, so this is important to me too)... like how the woody grain will IMMENSELY ENHANCE our scandinavian theme...
  • CHALLENGE #2: when she told me that she likes the clean-squeaky feel.... ANS: I would answer her patiently that, hey the woody grain feel from the #Alsafloor is actually acting more like a safety feature because it is not as slippery after you do wet-mopping
  • CHALLENGE #3: when she tells me that we are spending extra money on flooring when we already have the HDB floor tiles.. ANS: I will tell her that the quotation will amount to $2000+ and if there was anything else we could spend this $2000 on to achieve the same additional level of scandinavian-ness, this was it.

Finally, make or break time. CFO still had reservations about the #Alsafloor being too grainy for her liking. She agreed to go down with me to #Bilrich office to take an actual physical look at the #Alsafloor.. And the rest is history. One small step for me, and a huge leap toward my dream house. *phew*

(anyway Mr Muscle also went ahead with the contract for #Alsafloor hehe)

BILRICH HAS SINCE INCREASED THEIR PRICE TO $4.70 PSF

gallery_54206_10_188362.png

SEE THE #ALSAFLOOR V01 to V08 RANGES (PRINTSCREEN FROM CATALOGUE)

gallery_54206_10_298108.png

gallery_54206_10_17082.png

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

I had asked #CalvinTan to help me to pick out a colour from the #Alsafloor range & he had this great idea to work directly with the sales-rep from #Bilrich to look at their flooring samples... In the end, he suggested that the most suitable colour is #Alsafloor V02 Pioneered Oak. But will take a look at his 3D drawing before deciding once and for all.... can't wait for the 3D drawing to come!!

BASICALLY ONLY FOCUSING ON THESE 3 COLOURS FOR MY SCANDINAVIAN THEME

LEFT TO RIGHT - V02 PIONEERED OAK (RECOMMENDED BY #CALVINTAN), V03 EDEN OAK, V04 BEAMANOIR

gallery_54206_10_38311.jpg

OTHER #ALSAFLOOR RANGES

gallery_54206_10_36205.jpg

CLOSE UP OF V02 PIONEERED OAK (THE RECOMMENDED COLOUR)

gallery_54206_10_72485.jpg

CLOSE UP OF V03 EDEN OAK

gallery_54206_10_1004.jpg

CLOSE UP OF V04 BEAMANOIR

gallery_54206_10_48689.jpg

Anyway sorry to those who have been receiving weird coded texts when I try to forward my #CalvinTan #PoshHome quotation.. Do bear with me.. I just removed and re-added my gmail account to my phone.. hopefully the issue is solved...