Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Leong and Jenna,

Would you please share with me on the breakdown quotation and ID contact to shii_licious@hotmail.com

Thanks you :)

Hihi,

Could you also send yr quotation to rachel.khor@hotmail.com ? Thanks in advance. =)

Hello!!

interested to know your quote too!

Appreciate if you could forward to relac1corner@live.com

thanks alot!

Hellos, can you kindly share your quotation with me @ befreealways@gmail.com ?

Many thanks in advance!

All sent!!

Been looking at your blog and glad that you have found a great ID whom both of you like.

Did not post earlier cause from what I heard from a friend who uses the same company have a bad experience (The person is different though)

Hope to see more updates and wish you a smooth Reno

Been looking at your blog and glad that you have found a great ID whom both of you like.

Did not post earlier cause from what I heard from a friend who uses the same company have a bad experience (The person is different though)

Hope to see more updates and wish you a smooth Reno

Yeah.. That is one thing I realised about all these IDs too... Sometimes you just simply cannot click with a particular ID no matter what.. Just clash of personalities and preferences.. Thanks anyway for your kind comments!

Hi, appreciate if you could also send me your detailed quotation and contact at carltoneoz@hotmail.com. Many thanks and looking forward to more updates from you!

Hi leon&jenna, please share Calvin's quote. email to movie247@yahoo.com.sg Thanks in advance!

Sent to both of you liao... Happy ren2 ri4 to my Chinese friends!

Good evening my fellow renotalkers.. sorry not been updating as often because been busy... in fact had to take half-day leave to go for my suit fitting for my wedding photo shoot (on this coming monday; sat and sun planning to drink water only. :P).. dropped by The Design Store by Lifestorey with CFO in the late afternoon and saw this fabric sofa going at $2190..

gallery_54206_8_41602.jpg

Can customize the legs to a lighter oak colour and there's a wide range of colours to choose from too... CFO thinking of coral pink but I thought that it would be too attention-grabbing... I prefer something less high-profile like a soft grey or light tiffany blue colour fabric... with some eye-catching colour-popping cushions to match! heh heh.. :P Anyway we are not buying the sofa obviously.. going to consult #CalvinTan before buying such things... must curb our enthusiasm in case we regret buying a loose furniture that doesn't fit into our theme...

Speaking of photoshoot... (sorry I digress) i had to buy white dress shoes to match my white suit outfit ma...

gallery_54206_10_12397.jpg

After buying them and was looking at it at home... I took a picture and sent "wa not bad. even my wedding photoshoot dress shoes are also scandinavian-themed." to numerous people.. (including #CalvinTan) ...who didn't find it very funny at all i think.. hahaha...Anyway. I digress.

There are some renotalkers nice enough to tell me that I haven't made it clear the type of scandinavian style I am going for. Thank you for the feedback... Here are some photos that CFO & I have collected over our journey for reference... For everyone to appreciate and hopefully some of the designs inspires some of you, just as it did for us. :)

These are the best photos to illustrate the colour theme and style we are going for... :)

Nice use of sporadic pastel colours to create the homely scandinavian feel... love this. and the coffee table is super unique.. thinking of asking #CalvinTan to make one for me.. wonder how much will the quotation come up to.. Bay window is a must for my scandinavian theme home... you can see how pretty it is.. to have greens against the windows... *dreaming* but don't like the black window frames..

gallery_54206_8_8312.png

The overall proportion of pastel colours against a majority-white background... Just think that a nice woody flooring will finish the job.. CFO & I agreed that green colours will come from wall planters or plants, something like in this picture (ignore green glass jar on coffee table i don't like hahaha) the window frames are all white which i think will suit me the best... That is why I am planning to do my wood trimmings for my living/dining area window frames.. do you all think i'm too much? or good that I'm detailed in the design that i want? hahaha... anyway bay windows here are awesome once again.

gallery_54206_8_306035.png

Love the light minty blue wall here & how it matches with the soft grey sofa (with oak pencil legs)... Hope the light minty blue wall is not too much and that the elements all come together nicely...

gallery_54206_8_254078.png

Edited by leonjennawong

#CalvinTan did 2 freehand drawings to help us visualise the space of our living & dining areas, as well as the aesthetic effect of some of his suggestions.. especially the dining area ceiling feature..

The first drawing is of the living area:

gallery_54206_8_34615.jpg

• 60" TV mounted on the wall on the left-hand-side of the drawing (managed to convince CFO to go for 60" after I shared the lessons learnt from #CalvinTan's experience with Mrs. #CalvinTan.. hahaha.. :P)
  • Pale wood trimmings on the window frame to cover the ugly aluminium white colour from the default HDB windows. (see drawing below for hand-drawn appearance & apparently can just drill onto existing window frames)

gallery_54206_8_19902.jpg

This should be how the current aluminium white frames look like (apologies for blur photo):

gallery_54206_8_294791.png

Living area continued:

• Solid-bench-cum-bay-window to be placed directly below the 3-quarter-height window
  • Side board to be fabricated and placed against the back wall (on the right-hand-side of the drawing)
  • Wall planter rack feature to be leaning against the back wall, between the window and the side board (not shown in picture)
  • Vinyl flooring for living area
  • Coffee table & sofa space marked out in the floor space in the foreground of the picture

Also, since we are on the topic of living area, there was a time when i was feeling particularly enthusiastic about the house renovation & just simply couldn't wait any longer for my 3D drawing to see what the concept looked like... So I started to do a bit of amateur drawing on my own using my Samsung Note II.. Just want to share here for fun... hehehe... Pls don't be too harsh on my drawing.. You will see that some features have been removed from my final living area plan... So this was done a long time ago... hahaha...

gallery_54206_8_74285.jpg

Second drawing is of the dining area just in front of the kitchen entrance:

gallery_54206_8_4348.jpg

• Beautiful white ceiling beam feature for dining area
  • Pendant ceiling feature light
  • Left-hand-side of drawing shows 1x light oak-coloured wooden vertical beam fixed with 2x white plywood open shelves to existing wall (proposed to put table fan on one of the open shelves to provide ventilation for dining area)
  • Right-hand-side of drawing shows kitchen entrance glass door with customised veneer-wrapped handle to soften the harshness of glass finish.. and align more to scandinavian theme
  • Rectangular wooden (solid wood?) dining table with eames chairs to be put at open space marked at picture foreground
Edited by leonjennawong

As for the rectangular wooden dining table, CFO discovered a pretty looking dining table from Pinterest & we are asking #CalvinTan to quote for us the carpentry for it... Let's see how much it is before we make any decision whether to go ahead or not... will give a nice splash of interesting colour hues to compliment white eames chairs & the white dining area ceiling beams....

gallery_54206_8_219844.png

#CalvinTan suddenly whatsapped me a photo a couple of days ago with the following picture! EXACTLY the kind of surface that we want for our dining table! Happy to have a proactive ID like him running my project & I'm again very thankful to have found an ID who SIMPLY GETS IT when we talk about certain design preferences..

gallery_54206_8_7081.jpg

Now let's just hope the pricing for the dining table is reasonable.. Currently the carpentry guys are still on CNY leave.. So #CalvinTan is not able to provide me with any news yet... *fingers crossed*

Edited by leonjennawong

hihi, can email me your quote pls? pinkdust82@hotmail.com

thank you!

Good afternoon Leon & Jenna

Happy Chinese New Year :)

Can pls share calvin quote

my email mikirfan1953@gmail.com

thks so much ;)

Sent to you 2! Cheers! Have a happy weekend!