Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks! By the way, is kompactop or granite more expensive?

Granite is definitely cheaper! :) If I'm not mistaken, the cheapest is granite, followed by #Kompactop & finally iQuartz! :D Good luck for your own renovation mrbyetz! :D

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bro, how do you intend to maintain your ceiling beams??? wont it collect dust?

Yo! I plan to get those long armed vacuum with a brush at the end to clean up cobwebs & dust periodically.. And on top of that have to keep cleaning.. Hehehe.. :P

Oh man...guess beauty does come with a price tag huh... lol

Btw, how thick is the kompactop surface? 100% waterproof? Will the colour fade if constantly in contact with water, especially the bathroom area?

Hey there! Hmmmm.. Off the top of my head, the #kompactop seems to be about 5mm thick.. I am still not living in my house but as I was mentioning, I did do an initial "splash about" (in some parts of the world it's called "playing with water" LOL! :P) and the #kompactop seems completely water proof! I was told that the colour also won't fade after extended periods of contact with water.. U must take note that #kompactop is not wood! It's some kind of vinyl/ resin/ hard plastic.. Hope I helped! :D Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

Aww thanks so much mrbytez... :wub: I just checked my quotation and #PoshHome quoted $2.4k on the ceiling beams... ;) But I signed the contract in January 2014, so I'm not sure if the price has changed much now...

Oh man...guess beauty does come with a price tag huh... lol

Btw, how thick is the kompactop surface? 100% waterproof? Will the colour fade if constantly in contact with water, especially the bathroom area?

Edited by mrbytez

• Like 1

Quick blitzzzzzz in a desperate bid to catch up on my blogging!! But first I want to ask... Did anyone win 4D based on the 'lucky' numbers that I gave last night? Wahahahaha... :lol:

Aiya so hungry now, waiting at the Starbucks near Jurong East MRT Station for CFO to finish work... CFO where are youuuuuu.... Hmm what's a guy like me to do.. Have to try to catch up on my blogging on the limited laptop battery juice I have left & hope this laptop doesn't die on me.... Hehehe... :)

So without further ado, I bring to you...

ALL ABOUT TRACK LIGHTS INSTALLATION

TRACK LIGHTS @ FRONT OF LIVING/DINING AREA - 2 sets of track lights have been installed in my living/ dining area!! Really brightens up the entire room by illuminating the walls! :good: Can't wait to buy those huge framed pictures and to direct the track light beams onto them for extra effect.... :) Currently my dining area still looks a little dark, but I'm hoping that my 3x #Miniforms slope lights can sufficiently illuminate that area! :)

gallery_54206_8_151685.jpg

My gorgeous loose furniture TV console has been delivered!! WOOHOO!!

TRACK LIGHTS @ BACK OF LIVING AREA - So bright & pretty! :P *hwing hwing!!* :yeah: (Oh yeah I actually put up track lights for my corridor passageway also, but forgot to take photos... Another day then! :))

gallery_54206_8_29263.jpg

As you can see, CFO & I have found that the vertical beam shelves are quite useful to put our bags, water bottles & other accessories during our periodic visits... Wahahaha... :P

And that's all for track lights... Moving on to.....

ALL ABOUT #KOMPACTOP INSTALLATION

The #Kompactop supplier finally came in to install the long-awaited table top surface! YEAH! :lol:

KOMPACTOP @ KITCHEN (THE SIDE WITH HOB & HOOD) - Apologies the photo is a little blur.. (Dunno why when I take picture in the day time always quite blur one lei. *shrug*) The surface is hard & ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! :wub: The workmanship is also good, with sealant being applied at the join line between the #Kompactop & the adjoining wall... No complains thank goodness...

gallery_54206_7_47094.jpg

KOMPACTOP @ KITCHEN (THE OTHER SIDE) - Did I mention that the LED light strips & the #Eubiq track (600mm model) have also been installed? :) :) :) So happy to see the kitchen coming together now! :D Fast & furious progress here! :good:

gallery_54206_7_110004.jpg

KOMPACTOP @ MASTER BATHROOM VANITY CABINET - My subtle fear has been addressed... #Kompactop is a very ideal surface for use in the bathroom's vanity cabinet... From my splashings around, :bath:it's definitely water-proof & can take a level of beating in a bathroom environment... The #Kompactop surface & my Kohler sink look has been accentuated with a 5W LED light (with movable head; bought from TaoBao! :P) installed above the sink (in the box-up)... Lovin' the look & feel of my master bathroom! :wub:

gallery_54206_9_66776.jpg

And I suppose that is all I have for now, laptop really REALLY running out of juice liao.

STAY HAPPY & HAVE A GLORIOUS EVENING FOLKS!! :lol:

Aww thanks so much mrbytez... :wub: I just checked my quotation and #PoshHome quoted $2.4k on the ceiling beams... ;) But I signed the contract in January 2014, so I'm not sure if the price has changed much now...

bro, how do you intend to maintain your ceiling beams??? wont it collect dust?

Those ceiling beams.... wow.

How much do they cost to fix up? Love the feel...

Hi! Pls email me at pearlyn_8@hotmail.com your quotation and Calvin contact.. just received my keys from hdb and saw your posts on RT. Really glad to have found such a clear and detailed info! :)

• Like 1

CEILING BEAMS @ DINING AREA - My beloved ceiling beams are up!!!OH YESSSSSS!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: Now if only I could reach the ceiling beams, I would caress each one of them gently.. All the while patiently, and softly whispering to each of them on my long arduous journey of how I managed to convince CFO to allow me to get them.. The beautiful ceiling beams... I am in love once again, ladies and gentlemen. I truly madly deeply am.. Oh ya, my babies are not complete yet, still need to plaster and paint white. Yep. Hahahaha... Here are two photos of my babies.. All 17x of them... Hehehehe...
gallery_54206_8_58787.jpg
As you can see from the above picture, kitchen entrance glass door is also installed! Still awaiting the veneer-wrapped wooden handle... :)
gallery_54206_8_41815.jpg
Another angle of my beloved ceiling beam babies... :sport-smiley-004:

I love the ceiling beams alot in white! BUT it would break my bank so I had to skip it! Envious :D

• Like 1

You will not believe where I am blogging from.. I am actually typing this post while on the MRT on the way back home from a company-sponsored SharePoint 2013 course held at Tiong Bahru.. Haha.. My muse hit me at the darnest timings sometimes. First, the gym exercise bike, and now on the MRT. Let's hope I don't get STOMPed. :D

Ever since I started my reno journey; My cousin, my poly choir friend #Pish & several other friends (including #MrDFMuscle) all seemed to be asking for examples of good workmanship... So I thought I would take a short break from sifting & arranging my copious amount of renovation photos, to have a short word about laminate carpentry workmanship... Now please guys, I am no expert but I have definitely gotten a tad or two wiser from this Leon & Jenna Reno Experience.... So allow me to share very humbly on this particular topic, following which, I hope everyone (esp the newer Renotalkers) have a better idea of what you are entitled to!! :P

LAMINATE CARPENTRY WORKMANSHIP
OK now I am blogging from my new home. Had to come back to allow the curtain fellas in to do measurement... Hahahaha... Anyway the MRT train ride was too short & uncomfortable to write much... Bleah. :P As I was saying, I was at a training centre at Tiong Bahru... There were standard tea break times yada yada, at their self-proclaimed 'excellently decked pantry'.. (yes it really said that on a hand out that they gave out. Hahahaha..) But what caught my eye wasn't their 'excellently decked' offerings but the peeling laminate on their carpentry... Oh goodness...

Haha. Hey, don't look at me like I'm some crazy fella... I'm telling you, once you start your very-own reno journey, especially for the first time, you will be looking at shopping malls & retails shops in a whole other light... :) It will be more of "Oooh! I wonder if this is laminate or veneer!" or "OOOH! Look this shop also uses scandinavian theme! Let's go in!" and even "Chey, this shop also using scandinavian theme. But still, let's just go in anyway!!" Hahahaha... And when you go in... Let's just say you won't really be looking at the clothes or the wares they are selling. ;)

I snapped a quick picture of the carpentry laminate.... Mind you, a lady staff was incidentally bringing someone (I assume it's some visitor) around and proudly told him that they just renovated the pantry area! Sheesh! :wacko:
Here is the picture of the pantry carpentry:
gallery_54206_7_95773.jpg
- Join-lines cannot be anymore evident than they already are.
- Perforated join-lines caused by careless filing of the edges.

I just checked my carpentry pieces & am happy to say that I THINK that #CalvinTan & #Edgar definitely didn't skimp on this aspect... HEHEHE. :D*phew. heng ah.* For better illustration I will attach 2 pictures of my master wardrobe carcass laminate, taken at differing angles of 90 degrees...

MASTER WARDROBE CARCASS LAMINATE WORKMANSHIP (FACING WARDROBE)
gallery_54206_7_10866.jpg
In case you can't tell what this photo is, the right-hand-side whiteness is the wardrobe casement door, and the left-hand-side whiteness is my wall... If you focus on the brownish carcass laminate in the middle, you will notice that you completely cannot see any blackish/greyish join lines at all even though this is a laminate.. According to #CalvinTan, they managed to engage a carpentry sifu to do their carpentry requests, and by the looks of this, I take my hat off to him.. Their carpentry sifu is truly a master..

MASTER WARDROBE CARCASS LAMINATE WORKMANSHIP (90 degrees from previous photo)
gallery_54206_7_13579.jpg
And here is the OTHER exposed side of the carpentry carcass laminate... You should notice a clean straight darker join-line running vertically downwards.. No perforated join-lines & the join-line is only visible from one side of the carcass... :thumbs up: I was not very ngiao about this before, because I had no idea what is considered to be 'good' workmanship & what is 'bad' workmanship... Do try to bring this up to your ID or contractor even before they commence carpentry if this is one of those things that get under your skin... :) Hope i provided some useful considerations for would-be home owners!!!:D Cheers!

Moving on! Some people have asked me for a close-up look at the useful 270 degree-of-freedom door hinges that are installed on my Master Wardrobe, so here you are! :D

CLOSE UP OF MASTER WARDROBE 270 DEGREE-OF-FREEDOM HINGES - CLOSED STATE
gallery_54206_7_108202.jpg

CLOSE UP OF MASTER WARDROBE 270 DEGREE-OF-FREEDOM HINGES - OPENED STATE
gallery_54206_7_90809.jpg

OKOK I better get going now... A silly dragonfly just flew into my living room about 15 minutes ago (and scared the heck outta me. It is BIG ok. Don't judge. :P) & I have to think of a way to chase it outta my house before I lock up for the day.. Hmmm it's surprising that I actually managed to complete another post so soon after I just posted one yesterday! :DMust be some auspicious day or something, oh well let's give a lucky number off the top-of-my-head for any punters out there.. Hmmm... OK, 1050. If you strike 4D please remember LeonJennaWong. Hahaha... Well, GOOD LUCK to them punters & for the rest of you non-punters out there, GOOD NIGHT and see ya!! :lol:

Edited by leonjennawong

Hey how much is the Blum vertical swing door hinges ?

Hello bianzi!! The #BLUM vertical swing door hinges are apparently called a "lift system" under the product range #BLUM AVENTOS HL 20L380 series... I bought the hinges via #CalvinTan at supplier price (pricing is controlled by #BLUM)... Cost me about SGD170+ for the hinges alone... I did a short Google search and found the following #BLUM price list for 2013! My #BLUM hinge is found under Page 56 of the price list... Here it is and enjoy!!

Eloz!! Doesnt ur kitchen laminates have glossy mint green instead? Might have look even more 'DELICIOUS' if it is not matt IMHO.. ;)

Can I know have the link for your TB undermount granite sink? May want to get it, if not may get from HoeKee the Blanco one..

TIA!

Yo Celtricia! Hahaha yeah it might!! But CFO & I are really so elated with the matt mint green... :D My CFO makes the best choices... (including the choice to say "Yes!" to me.) Hahahaha... :P Ok la, she actually didn't say "Yes!". She said, "Yes, of course." with a chuckle.. Hahaha.. Here is the link for the TB granite sink!

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=37275943735&ali_refid=a3_420434_1006:1108013836:6:%CB%AE%B2%DB:38f0ba5fb837d150aad65e763c45117e&ali_trackid=1_38f0ba5fb837d150aad65e763c45117e&spm=a230r.1.0.0.yj8n04

BTW do take note that the sink is not meant to be an under-mount, but it can be installed in such a way of course... ;) Lastly, CFO & I both think that the #Blanco sink is smoother & feels more like it is made from stone (whether quartz or granite)... She did casually mention that she would've gone ahead with the #Blanco sink if she had been able to see the 2 products side-by-side.. Oh well. :(

Hello LeonJennaW!

i like the green in the kitchen. :)

some questions...

1. how come the shoe cabinet at the door area the skirting is still brown ah? havent paint?

2. I think you shld paint the main door yourself...doesn't look right that shade.

3. the utility box area with the 4 door panels are you doing anything?

B.

Hello buddy breakster!! :D no more LJW ah..? Hahahaha... Anyway here are my replies to your queries! Hehehe :P

1. how come the shoe cabinet at the door area the skirting is still brown ah? havent paint?

Ans: You got a sharp eye!! :good: Yes going to be painted white soon... #CalvinTan & #Edgar have promised to be very very very careful... Hahaha...

2. I think you shld paint the main door yourself...doesn't look right that shade.

Yeah man! :( Let's see what can be done... I would very possibly take up your advice to paint the main door by myself... The brown is just too jarring on the eyes... :( :( :(

Nope! :) Leave it white lor... And not planning to convert it to shoe cabinet or anything, seeing as I have a huge-donkey shoe cabinet in my dining area already!! :P

Edited by leonjennawong

Hello LeonJennaW!

i like the green in the kitchen. :)

some questions...

B.

Eloz!! Doesnt ur kitchen laminates have glossy mint green instead? Might have look even more 'DELICIOUS' if it is not matt IMHO.. ;)

Can I know have the link for your TB undermount granite sink? May want to get it, if not may get from HoeKee the Blanco one..

TIA!

• Like 1