Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Leon

I have followed your entry for quite awhile. I have to say it was because of your sharing that I approached #calvintan from posh home and eventually engaged him as my id. My wife n I were pretty inexperienced in this area hence the decision to engage him was a rash and rush one which we have truly regret. I under stand that your house is still in the midst of renovation hence the assessment of #calvintan n posh home works will not be as holistic as what I am intending to share with the Reno t blog forum followers. My renovation has been "completed" for awhile now and i will be sharing my experience and assessment of it the next week or so via my own t blog. I have to say the entire experience was not as green n rosy like what you have shared and the our expectation has never been met. I hope that my share of the account would be a more accurate reflection of their work given that my renovation is completed and the quality of work and their performance can be better assessed and graded.

If I have one word to describe my experience with posh home and especially #calvintan, it would be PAINFUL. I will update my t blog name when ready.

Thanks you.

Randomtzy

Put up your T blog quickly. Everyone is waiting to see.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh my... Please accept my sincere apologies everyone.. It really has been such a long time since I took refuge in this cosy little e-space and had myself some "me-time"... Now that I am here again, I am overcome with a strange content feeling that makes this feel like I'm coming back home. :rolleyes:

3RD DAY OF LEONJENNAWONG CARPENTRY!

Third day of carpentry installation!! Wasting no time at all and jumping straight into the main dish, I will once again, provide unmistakably BIG sub-headers to caption my photos as I go along... Enjoy... :)

CEILING BEAMS @ DINING AREA - My beloved ceiling beams are up!!!OH YESSSSSS!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: Now if only I could reach the ceiling beams, I would caress each one of them gently.. All the while patiently, and softly whispering to each of them on my long arduous journey of how I managed to convince CFO to allow me to get them.. The beautiful ceiling beams... I am in love once again, ladies and gentlemen. I truly madly deeply am.. Oh ya, my babies are not complete yet, still need to plaster and paint white. Yep. Hahahaha... Here are two photos of my babies.. All 17x of them... Hehehehe...

gallery_54206_8_58787.jpg

As you can see from the above picture, kitchen entrance glass door is also installed! Still awaiting the veneer-wrapped wooden handle... :)

gallery_54206_8_41815.jpg

Another angle of my beloved ceiling beam babies... :sport-smiley-004:

Very impressed with the ceiling beams. Thumbz up!

• Like 1

Continued...

KITCHEN GENERAL PROGRESS - My 1000m3 Rinnai exhaust hood has been installed!! Yeah! The electrical was hooked up to the fume hood a short while after I took this photo.. And it was surprisingly quieter than what I expected for 1000m3 of raw suction power! RAWR!!!! Wahahahaha sorry feeling a bit lame today... *limp limp limp* :P Anyway my taobao under-mount quartz sink has also been put in place! :) Just waiting for the #Kompactop to complete the look!!!:D

gallery_54206_7_57350.jpg

gallery_54206_7_112.jpg

KITCHEN CABINET VERTICAL-SWING-DOOR - The microwave oven #BLUM vertical swing door is installed and works like a charm!! Anyway, I can't remember if I mentioned this before... My parents also have the same vertical swing door installed for the portable microwave oven & they've tried both the pneumatic-piston-version and the chicken-wing-hinge-version... And both are unreliable and failed quite quickly... Failed, as in the hinge mechanism loses its strength and will not be able to hold the door up anymore after a while... :( And thus CFO & I went for the most reliable brand in #BLUM for this particular hinge!

gallery_54206_7_1161.jpg

KITCHEN CABINET LADDER UNIT - Here is my dearest CFO's desired kitchen cabinet ladder unit! Total of 4 heavy-duty #BLUM ladder unit trays that can carry quite heavy loads (I can't remember what is the safe working load liao. :()... Again, we went for a tried & tested brand because of the quality assurance, especially since the ladder unit might possibly be used to store some heavy items... Such as canned food, canned food and more canned food. And some more canned food stacked on top of the previous canned foods for good measure. :P

gallery_54206_7_43828.jpg

VANITY CABINET & MIRROR CABINET CARPENTRY (AT MASTER BATHROOM) - The mirror is finally up! :D And the carpentry installer seems to be flirting with my feelings by only installing one-side of the vanity cabinet swing doors... Hahaha... :)

gallery_54206_9_18190.jpg

I'm sorry folks, these days pictures are all I have to show for the renovation progress.. However if you are interested in our considerations during the decision making process, do PM me to let me know ya? ;) As always, have a good day and fingers crossed for work tomorrow!!!:D

Edited by leonjennawong

Oh my... Please accept my sincere apologies everyone.. It really has been such a long time since I took refuge in this cosy little e-space and had myself some "me-time"... Now that I am here again, I am overcome with a strange content feeling that makes this feel like I'm coming back home. :rolleyes:

3RD DAY OF LEONJENNAWONG CARPENTRY!
Third day of carpentry installation!! Wasting no time at all and jumping straight into the main dish, I will once again, provide unmistakably BIG sub-headers to caption my photos as I go along... Enjoy... :)
CEILING BEAMS @ DINING AREA - My beloved ceiling beams are up!!!OH YESSSSSS!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: Now if only I could reach the ceiling beams, I would caress each one of them gently.. All the while patiently, and softly whispering to each of them on my long arduous journey of how I managed to convince CFO to allow me to get them.. The beautiful ceiling beams... I am in love once again, ladies and gentlemen. I truly madly deeply am.. Oh ya, my babies are not complete yet, still need to plaster and paint white. Yep. Hahahaha... Here are two photos of my babies.. All 17x of them... Hehehehe...
gallery_54206_8_58787.jpg
As you can see from the above picture, kitchen entrance glass door is also installed! Still awaiting the veneer-wrapped wooden handle... :)
gallery_54206_8_41815.jpg
Another angle of my beloved ceiling beam babies... :sport-smiley-004:
SHOE CABINET INSTALLATION (Cont'd from 1st Day) - Finally completed!! :dancingqueen:
gallery_54206_8_61994.jpg
VERTICAL BEAM WITH SHELVES - Minor touch up by #CalvinTan and his team to open a squarish hole for a new electrical outlet point... In the meantime, I'm still sweating on the future decoration ideas for these 2 shelves... :help:
gallery_54206_8_45306.jpg
3-METRE LONG SIDEBOARD JOINING LINE CLOSE-UP - Here is a close-up of the joining line between the two seperate 1.5 metre-long carpentry pieces!
gallery_54206_8_67541.jpg
Tell you honestly, at first the join-line was quite perforated and left me feeling a little bit surprised that #CalvinTan provided such carpentry quality especially when everything else has been quite perfect for me... In the end I messaged him about it in the WhatsApp group chat (with CFO & #Edgar too!) and the conversation went like this (word-for-word copy from the WhatsApp chat... Hahaha...):
LeonJennaWong: "the joining line of the sideboard at the back of the living hall seems quite perforated... Got sth u can do to make the finish better?"
#CalvinTan: "Sideboard table top already asked carpenter replace, failed!"
LeonJennaWong: "Wao Lao best. You are **** good. Goody goody" :D
Hahahaha... Once again happy & vindicated in our decision to have engaged this guy.. Who seems to be living up to his notorious smelly reputation of being a super "ngiao" ID in the peaceful streets of Sungei Kadut... :good:
To Be Continued...
Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

Hi Leon! Been waiting for your updates!! Can't wait to see the finished carpentry works!!

Btw could you PM or email me your quotation too? Thanks!

• Like 1

Yea lor.. Not just a bit off lei actually... The more I look at it, the more off it feels... Arghhhhh! :( let me talk to CFO first... Wish me luck... Wahahahaha..

Is it ok to change the main door color without noticing hdb?

3-METRE LONG SIDEBOARD INSTALLATION (Cont'd from 1st Day) - The swing doors & drawers have been fixed up!! I think I mentioned before that this built-in carpentry piece is actually affixed to the wall... The 2x oak legs (WHICH I LOVE!) you see at the bottom left & right ends of the carpentry don't actually support much weight & they are just there for aesthetic purposes to lend some 'ooompf!' to the scandinavian theme!! :P

Nice sideboard u have!! Will the middle vertical block be removed afterwards?

Hey ho! :) Yes the middle block will be removed afterwards! Apparently it's just there as part of the installation process! :)

Ya.....yr door wood tone is abit off from the rest of yr hse.y dun try to paint white?

Yea lor.. Not just a bit off lei actually... The more I look at it, the more off it feels... Arghhhhh! :( let me talk to CFO first... Wish me luck... Wahahahaha..

3-METRE LONG SIDEBOARD INSTALLATION (Cont'd from 1st Day) - The swing doors & drawers have been fixed up!! I think I mentioned before that this built-in carpentry piece is actually affixed to the wall... The 2x oak legs (WHICH I LOVE!) you see at the bottom left & right ends of the carpentry don't actually support much weight & they are just there for aesthetic purposes to lend some 'ooompf!' to the scandinavian theme!! :P

Nice sideboard u have!! Will the middle vertical block be removed afterwards?

Edited by cch93624

Continued...

SHOE CABINET INSTALLATION (Cont'd from 1st Day) - Doors are up for my shoe cabinet too!! Similar beautiful oak legs being used here!! :wub:
gallery_54206_8_1359.jpg
The complete warzone look... Hahaha... Hmm... The colour of my main door looks a bit off hor... Haiya.. Budget over liaooooo... ignore, ignore, ignoreeeee...
VANITY CABINET & MIRROR CABINET CARPENTRY (AT MASTER BATHROOM) - Happy that our under-mount Kohler sink from Taobao fits the carpentry carcass perfectly!! :) The mirror cabinet also zhun-zhun stops at the bathroom window... Yeah! :good:
gallery_54206_9_47097.jpg
L-SHAPED WARDROBE; CLOSED (AT MASTER BEDROOM) - I was never that excited about the master bedroom wardrobe (other than the laminate colour choice hahaha), but this is one awesome wardrobe!!! :good: Spanning the entire height of my master bedroom, this wardrobe is really a high, mighty & awesome sight. :thumbs up:
gallery_54206_10_96740.jpg
L-SHAPED WARDROBE; OPENED (AT MASTER BEDROOM) - Attach a picture of the wardrobe opened up to access the storage space deep at the corner for everyone to reference.. :)
gallery_54206_10_46608.jpg
It works exactly like what #CalvinTan advised before we signed with him! The door hinges have a very interesting (i kept looking at the hinge, and then I opened-closed-opened-closed.. just to see how it works.. Hahahaha...) mechanism that can open up to MORE THAN 270 degrees, (i know right! OMG.) allowing us to step right up near to the wardrobe & access the storage space deep at the corner of the L-shape wardrobe!! Very happy with this function & I have been happily boasting about this function to my buddy #MrDFMuscle and my sis, since they probably also need to consider getting L-shape wardrobes... Hehehe... :P :P :P
That's the end of the 2nd day of our carpentry progress!!! Hope to have more great looking pictures up here soon! In the meantime have a productive day at work/ home/ wherever you are!!!:D
Edited by leonjennawong

Sigh.. I guess I really have been quite the defensive donkey with regards to the last few posts... Here I was, wishing that others will stop jumping to conclusions when I myself have been doing exactly the same.... I even went to view those peeps' profiles to stalk them for a while... Aiya. I am a terrible human being. I guess I have much to learn and improve on that aspect of my character.... Sorry my dear readers for the mess, and appreciate if the topic could be moved elsewhere... But here's wishing our fellow homeowner Yip all the best for the rest of his reno journey... Now let me move on with what this blog is intended to be; a learning/ sharing platform for new renotalkers & for myself to record my humble reno journey... So... I will close my eyes to all further comments relating to the debacle, and what else..? Blog on!! :lol: Hehe.

2ND DAY OF LEONJENNAWONG CARPENTRY!

Second day of carpentry installation!! #CalvinTan & #Edgar were both coordinating on-site again (cause they were the ones who Whatsapp the photos to me.. Hehe.. CFO & I quite busy with work so couldn't take leave for it).. For easy reference, I will summarise the works done once again, as follows:

- Shoe Cabinet @ living area (continued from 1st Day)

- Kitchen Bottom Cabinet (continued from 1st Day)

- 3-Metre Sideboard @ living area (continued from 1st Day)

- Full Top & Bottom Kitchen Cabinet @ other side of kitchen

- Vertical Beam installation @ dining area

- Vanity Cabinet & Mirror Cabinet @ master bathroom

- L-shape Wardrobe @ master bedroom

Also seen in this picture is a sneak peek of the vertical beam with shelves!!!:dribble:

gallery_54206_8_19323.jpg

Hmm, just realised that from this camera angle, it looks like my ceiling fan blade is going to slice off the vertical beam... hahaha... :rolleyes:

CLOSE UP OF LONG SIDEBOARD OAK LEG - Picture taken of the same oak legs contrasting against my vinyl floor, before installation! I really really REALLY REALLYYYYY love the grain & the smooth wood finish... :wub: Superrrr nice. The edges, corners & surfaces of the oak legs are not at all sharp & the finish is extremely well done!! :thumbs up:

gallery_54206_8_82824.jpg

CLOSE-UP OF VERTICAL BEAM WITH SHELVES - Same pretty veneer wrap used for this vertical beam... :wub: Not sure if you guys can see the horizontal 'slit' line cut into the beam at the top & at the bottom.. I asked #CalvinTan why and he mentioned that it was because the veneer wrap comes in pre-determined sizes and doesn't come any bigger than that, so he included the 2 slits for me to hide the joining line!! With that, the ugly join-line (imagine the wooden grain not linking well together) became an instant design feature! :) This self-initiative really pleased both CFO & I and came as a pleasant surprise to us... though it's a bit scary because he didn't tell us about it before he actually did it.. hahaha... But all's good all's good... :) :) :)

gallery_54206_8_10796.jpg

The next headache will be how to adorn and decorate the shelf while keeping to the minimalist-idea... Headache...

KITCHEN BOTTOM CABINET INSTALLATION (Cont'd from 1st Day) - Also fixed up the respective gloriously green drawers for this carpentry piece! Woohoo.. My house is slowly but surely feeling more and more like a home! :) FYI, the long wire running down from the false ceiling is for the cooking hood...

gallery_54206_7_82341.jpg

Don't know what to do with the white PVC pipe on the ceiling at the top-left-hand-corner of the photo lei... Paint maybe? Anyone got any good ideas? :unsure:

KITCHEN TOP & BOTTOM CABINET INSTALLATION (OTHER SIDE OF KITCHEN) - Close to completion with my ladder-unit & my built-in oven from Rinnai!! I don't think I have to explain just how EXCITED my dearest CFO got!! HEHEHEHE.. Die liao die liao... Have to make a mental note that I cannot let her read this blog in detail from now on.. lalalala.

gallery_54206_7_32002.jpg

Actually my sis was joking with me the other day... You know the gardenia bread tag that is used to seal the plastic? Hahaha.. She told me that if CFO & I drop it on the kitchen floor, then really HO SEY LIAO. Wahahahaha because the kitchen floor is so colourful that we probably cannot see the tag at all. Wahahaha....

To Be Continued...

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1