Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello bianzi! :) Good Sunday Morning to you!!

Yes I did buy 3x Slope Lights (in yellow, white and oak tones) from #Grafunkt & #Xtra!

Hehe I am so honoured and humbled that you still remember. :) :) :)

Those dining lights (and my normal ceiling lights for my bathrooms, household shelter and service yard) are not up yet! #CalvinTan says that they will be in after my carpentry goes up! Cheers!

P.S. On the way for my ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) course now.. Noooooo...

Do u have dining lights? I thought u bought from grafunkt and xtra from the earlier posts ? I like those lights too

Continued...

MASTER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (WITH KDK 44" BABY FAN) - Yeah baby. (if you missed the pun for the earlier picture, here is another one to complete your weekend. :P)

gallery_54206_9_372912.jpg

OTHER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (WITH KDK 44" BABY FAN) - DAY TIME

gallery_54206_9_312911.jpg

- The fan installation is really good. Totally no wobble even at the maximum fan speed. THUMBS UP TO #POSHHOME WORKERS!!!:good:

OTHER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (WITH KDK 44" BABY FAN) - NIGHT TIME - And just to complete the photos, took one at night for everyone's appreciation... :)

gallery_54206_9_358072.jpg

Well oh well! That's the end of the FIREWORKS segment...

NEXT STOP, #ALSAFLOORING VINYL OVERLAY!!!

Was earlier coordinating with #MayTing from #Bilrich on my #Alsaflooring!!! They can finally come in to overlay the flooring!! #Bilrich advised that they usually wait until the ceiling works are completed before they come in to do the flooring installation because they want to be sure that the flooring don't get scratched while the ceiling works are going on.... Heh heh... :P

I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!! :sport-smiley-004: Was telling #MayTing that I wanted to lay my vinyl flooring in a certain direction... From what I read, you should always try to aim the direction of your flooring towards a light source (e.g. windows, doors) because that way, the lines can be accentuated & it can make the room look longer/ more spacey.. See the picture that I sent #MayTing below:

APPROVED (by #CalvinTan) #ALSAFLOOR LAYING DIRECTION (SEE BLUE ARROWS) - Disgusting handwriting belongs to the male-half of the LeonJennaWong team. Me lah. Hahaha...

gallery_54206_3_42266.jpg

*Yawn* It's getting late, I gotta go prepare for my ACTA course tomorrow... Till the next time, as always, have a good weekend fellas!!!:jammin:

FIN.

Edited by leonjennawong

Busy busy weekdays followed by a busy busy weekend! Going to have 2 full days of ACTA course over this weekend from 9am to 6pm... Weekend totally burnt lei cannot go and visit my beloved home... :P

Anyway.

DOWNLIGHTS HAVE BEEN FIXED UP!!!WHEEEEE! AND CEILING FANS HAVE ALSO BEEN FIXED UP!!!DOUBLE WHEEE! :P

Wahahaha and in complete accordance with the proposed Lighting & Electrical Plan! Yeah~! ;) And I'm sorry that I'm so lame.. hahaha just too excited.. :D

Ahem. Let me recollect my feelings when I first entered my house the other day... Hmmmmmm.

The feeling and excitement when you see your house completely illuminated is just so... Wonderful. :) There are really just no other words to describe it... It's that small-pleasing-content-feeling you get, knowing that everything is moving along just fine.. :):):)

So, trust me when I say that THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THE MANY DEFINING MOMENTS you will experience throughout the renovation journey thus far.. :D

Okok, so without further ado, I bring to you... Katy Perry LeonJennaWong's (featuring #PoshHome) FIREWORKS!!!!!! Oei, I can see you staring from behind your keyboard you know. Clap lei. Wahahahaha.

LIVING AREA ILLUMINATION (W/O ELMARK 56" CEILING FAN) - In case you were wondering, yes, I laid on the dusty floor to capture this picture. And yes, I know I am disgusting. Wahahaha... :P

gallery_54206_8_11063.jpg

LIVING AREA ILLUMINATION (WITH ELMARK 56" CEILING FAN) - Apologies, it was taken during the day time and the Samsung Note 3 camera decided that my house looked better in vomit-inducing algae-green. Oh well.

gallery_54206_8_320945.jpg

CLOSE UP OF MY BELOVED ELMARK CEILING FAN - Wind power is strong!! And CFO just figured out that the fan setting can be set to turn either counter-clockwise OR clockwise!! Amazing!

gallery_54206_9_231060.jpg

CLOSE UP OF INSTALLED 10W PHILIPS DOWNLIGHT - If you just joined me here at my zany T-Blog, I bought these downlights from Taobao.. See Post#296 for more details.

gallery_54206_9_279269.jpg

MASTER BEDROOM ILLUMINATION (FEATURING AIR CON FCU) - Cool right. (I secretly think I am good at puns.)

gallery_54206_9_286035.jpg

To Be Continued...

YOU KNOW HOR,

the other day my sister suddenly came over to me and went like “Hahaha! Heart Attack Inducing tiles!! Does Jenna know?! Hahaha…” For those who just joined me at my humble T-blog here, my sister was referring to my dearest CFO’s choice of kitchen flooring tiles mentioned in Post #248

By the way, I did show CFO my post about her… She laughed lei. Hahaha.. :P

ANYHOWWWW! Today I have a few pictures to update on my Master Bedroom wardrobe & Master Bathroom vanity cabinet progress!! Actually we had already confirmed our Master Bedroom wardrobe laminate choice before… But we asked for a re-selection of the laminate due to our worry that it will not suit our new choice of the whitish-coloured #Alsafloor Eden Oak…

MASTER BEDROOM WARDROBE LAMINATE CHOICE

#CalvinTan actually already took the initiative to recommend a couple of laminate colours that he thought would be most suitable for our theme and for matching against the #Alsafloor Eden Oak, and even took pictures of the laminates and sent them to us… ERMMM… But CFO & I (actually mostly me la) didn’t have a good feeling & wanted to wait till we went down to their showroom to have an actual look at the laminate in real life!!!

As it turns out, WE CHOSE THE EXACT SAME LAMINATE CHOICE THAT #CALVINTAN RECOMMENDED. Following which I felt both happy and sad.. Happy that we managed to snag such an intuitive and suitable ID for us; but "sad" that we.. Aiyah not sad la. Well, it was more like a feeling of “Err.. what the…? We should have just trusted his judgement right.” Wahahahaha… :)

We finally went ahead with #Lamitak Oak Granada for our Master Bedroom wardrobe carcass and #Lamitak Designer White for the wardrobe doors!!

PICTURE OF #LAMITAK OAK GRANADA AGAINST THE EDEN OAK #ALSAFLOOR (As the wardrobe carcass will be sitting right on top of the vinyl floor, we were comparing them against each other for colour suitability & contrast!)

gallery_54206_413_401956.jpg

PICTURE OF #LAMITAK DESIGNER WHITE (CFO’s fingers very shiny hor. *hwing hwing!*:P)

gallery_54206_413_15442.jpg

MASTER BATHROOM VANITY CABINET COUNTER-TOP/ LAMINATE CHOICE

The colour choice for the Master Bathroom Vanity Cabinet counter-top & laminate was also tough… But luckily we have the trusty #CalvinTan and #Edgar!! Read on to find out why I’m so relieved to have them on my project…

The 2 of them actually took all colour elements within that bathroom and put them together in front of CFO & I.. It was a joy to watch them work their designer brain juices at the discussion table.. Heh heh heh... :P Out came #Edgar’s iPhone with a picture of the greyish stone-like tiles.. Then out came the physical samples of the assorted design motif wall tiles… All the different laminate catalogue books taken out & strewn across the table… :) And they didn’t even push the decision back to CFO & I; They had a good couple of minutes to think about the existing look & feel of the Master Bathroom, and gave a proposed choice for us to consider. I must commend them again, for their showed really very good ownership on the design. #Edgar even took the initiative to retrieve the big samples of the #Lamitak laminate for CFO & I to visualise! :good:

Once again, CFO & I were all smiles, because our decision to engage #PoshHome was vindicated once again. We avoided a potential sticky situation, and finally decided on the not-too-light-and-not-too-dark #Kompacplus 10.20 Boston Cherry and the dirty-scratched-stone-finish #Lamitak Carlo Marmo Flavio DXP 1333K!!! See picture below!

PICTURE OF MASTER BATHROOM VANITY CABINET COMBINATION (#Kompacplus 10.20 Boston Cherry and #Lamitak Carlo Marmo Flavio DXP 1333K)

gallery_54206_413_569515.jpg

I shall end this late-night Saturday post with a hearty goody nighty to all my dear readers… Have a peaceful Saturday night and the tip of today is: Try to empty thy bladder before watching Transformers 4. :huh:

Peace out!

Hi,

Can you PM the price for lamitak oak Granada laminate?

Cheers!

Continued from previous post…

TAOBAO #5) WHITISH GREY XYLOPHONE QUARTZ KITCHEN SINK

gallery_54206_413_49004.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.34.gbe9Ix&id=37275943735&pfrom=transfer

Considerations/ Discoveries/ Rants/ Advice:

Ok I know the header says “QUARTZ” but do curb your enthusiasm… I know I had to. Haha… :P The actual product finish differed a bit from what you see in the photo.. The colour is not as white as what is depicted on the website, and the material feels more like some kind of cultured quartz.. :( Anyway still a reliable product for heavy duty use!! Moving on!

TAOBAO #6) MASTER BATHROOM WASH BASIN TAP

gallery_54206_413_24501.jpg

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37641649655

Regarding the picture, what you see is what you get. Very solid purchase.

TAOBAO #7) MASTER BATHROOM PHILIPS 5W DOWNLIGHT (TO BE INSTALLED ABOVE WASH BASINS)

gallery_54206_413_10038.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35767565803&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

This 5W LED light is just to provide some ambient spot lighting for both bathroom wash basin areas… :) The rotate-able function will allow us to direct the ambient light beam nicely onto the sink... Hehe... Wattage-rating advised by our beloved designer #CalvinTan..

TAOBAO #8) LED CEILING LIGHTS FOR BATHROOMS & SERVICE YARD & BOMB SHELTER

gallery_54206_413_14542.jpg

Normal looking ceiling lights for both bathrooms, service yard & the bomb shelter.. Insides are lined with numerous LED beads!! Bought the 24W version (45cm by 45cm) for my bathrooms, and the 15W version (40cm by 40cm) for the service yard & the bomb shelter... :)

TAOBAO #9) WHITE BLOCK CLOCK FOR MASTER BEDROOM

gallery_54206_413_51383.jpg

Pretty little bedside white block clock for our master bedroom!! Actually quite excited about how this #CalvinTan-approved block clock will fit into my Master Bedroom look.. Woohoo..

To Be Continued…

Just to let you know your Taobao links for 7,8,9 are the same link :D

CELEBRATE!! THE WEEKEND IS HERE!!! WOOHOO!!!:dancingqueen:

I trust that you all had a marvelous & productive week at work and are now looking forward to some nonsense from me!!! Hahaha… Sorry again for being so tardy in updating… So busy with my work... Tuesday work till 11.30pm, Wednesday work till 7.30pm, Thursday work till 1am, and Friday (today) work till 7.30pm also… And I am supposed to leave work at 5.30pm.

Well, CFO was definitely not happy. 8|

Wahahaha… :P

Well first things first, I promised to share my LIGHTING AND ELECTRICAL PLAN, so here you go!!!:D

LEONJENNAWONG LIGHTING AND ELECTRICAL PLAN

gallery_54206_3_25688.jpg

- The dotted-lined circles are the locations of the ceiling fans

- All electrical points are traced to wall switches (once again, very clear & systematic AUTOCAD drawing) :good:

- Minor changes since;

- ceiling beams are now routed the other way to align to the same flow as my vinyl #Alsaflooring; and

- there is now an additional track light that is to be installed at the ceiling beam area :)

GAINCITY AIR-CON IS UP!!!

Nothing doing. Just pictures to share... :P

Living Area FCU

gallery_54206_8_7438.jpg[/

- Had to open up a hole in the false ceiling so that we can open the front hatch for air con maintenance in the future

- The FCU fitted exactly into the space allocated :)

Master Bedroom FCU

gallery_54206_8_71440.jpg

Other Bedrooms' FCU

gallery_54206_8_9256.jpg

Today's gonna be a short post... Because I am really flat out tired right now... Was floating away at work earlier today.. :huh:

But I promise it gets more and more interesting from now on!! Even now, I can't wait to post about the latest updates of my renovation!!!

Till I see you all the next time, good night everyone.... zz

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

TAOBAO #10) KV8 ROBOT VACUUM

gallery_54206_413_84853.png

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=26099812608&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

I bought this on behalf of my good buddy #MrMuscleDF about a month ago and his reviews are absolutely and stupendously awesome!!!:) He even sent me videos of the robot vacuum in action.. Seriously, this robot is so smart that I wish I could've seen his face when it first started operating. :lol: From the videos, I’m sure that it does some sort of floor mapping as it moves around and ‘remembers’ where the obstacles are, because the robot vacuum will ACTUALLY AVOID the obstacle when it returns back to the same area next time… Speechless. CFO & I were so convinced that we have since purchased 2 more units… One for us, and another one for my parents… :D

Here is a summary of the reviews given by my buddy:

- Vacuum noise is not that loud (even his cats didn’t run away.. they just lingered around close enough to watch out of curiousity.. hahaha super cute.. :))

- Has auto-docking function when battery is low

- Has a UV light shining onto the floor to kill germs (CFO claims that it is useless because you need a much longer UV exposure in order to kill germs though *shrug* :P)

- Proximity sensor on its sides detect walls/ skirting, thus preventing collisions

- Vacuum power is good, judging by the amount of dust and cat hair the robot vacuum managed to suck up… :)

TAOBAO #11) ASSORTED SOFA CUSHIONS

gallery_54206_413_90638.jpg

gallery_54206_413_146462.jpg

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39376864042&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

gallery_54206_413_3789.jpg

gallery_54206_413_20140.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=38987614053&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

WAHAHAHA… DON'T YOU THINK THAT THE CUSHIONS ARE SO PRETTY?!?!!! Really in love with them!! :wub: The background sofa fabric colour for the first 2 pictures are very similar to what we are going to have with our #Grafunkt sofa, so I think it's a good comparison to make...

But anyway, sorry lei I have a confession to make. If you think these cushions are not nice or not suitable, it’s PURELY MY FAULT. CFO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Wahahahaha.. Aiya… Long story short, I am apparently the most super “ngiao” person you will ever find when it comes to matching my cushion cover colours with my living room colour palette. CFO got sick of my “ngiao” ways and just let me freestyle on the cushion purchases… So.. It will really help if someone could give me a reassuring comment that these cushions are nice and suitable. Even a unoriginal comment like “nice cushions” would go some way to appease my CFO. Hahahaha…

Oh. Ya. Crap. Haven’t ask #CalvinTan. Oops. Anyway moving on!!

To Be Continued...

Edited by leonjennawong

TAOBAO #5) WHITISH GREY XYLOPHONE QUARTZ KITCHEN SINK

gallery_54206_413_49004.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.34.gbe9Ix&id=37275943735&pfrom=transfer

Ok I know the header says “QUARTZ” but do curb your enthusiasm… I know I had to. Haha… :P The actual product finish differed a bit from what you see in the photo.. The colour is not as white as what is depicted on the website, and the material feels more like some kind of cultured quartz.. :( Anyway still a reliable product for heavy duty use!! Moving on!

TAOBAO #6) MASTER BATHROOM WASH BASIN TAP

gallery_54206_413_24501.jpg

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37641649655

Regarding the picture, what you see is what you get. Very solid purchase.

TAOBAO #7) MASTER BATHROOM PHILIPS 5W DOWNLIGHT (TO BE INSTALLED ABOVE WASH BASINS)

gallery_54206_413_10038.jpg

This 5W LED light is just to provide some ambient spot lighting for both bathroom wash basin areas… :) The rotate-able function will allow us to direct the ambient light beam nicely onto the sink... Hehe... Wattage-rating advised by our beloved designer #CalvinTan..

TAOBAO #8) LED CEILING LIGHTS FOR BATHROOMS & SERVICE YARD & BOMB SHELTER

gallery_54206_413_14542.jpg

Link: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35755135354&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

Normal looking ceiling lights for both bathrooms, service yard & the bomb shelter.. Insides are lined with numerous LED beads!! Bought the 24W version (45cm by 45cm) for my bathrooms, and the 15W version (40cm by 40cm) for the service yard & the bomb shelter... :)

TAOBAO #9) WHITE BLOCK CLOCK FOR MASTER BEDROOM

gallery_54206_413_51383.jpg

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39585871125&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

Pretty little bedside white block clock for our master bedroom!! Actually quite excited about how this #CalvinTan-approved block clock will fit into my Master Bedroom look.. Woohoo..

To Be Continued…

Edited by leonjennawong

TAOBAO. TAOBAO. TAOBAO. TAOBAO.

Ok if these 2 magic words (repeated 4 times nonetheless) didn’t get your attention, I think it will take nothing short of an earthquake to jolt you from your apparent stupor. Haha. Kidding. :P

For this episode, as mentioned above, it will all be about TAOBAO, TAOBAO and more TAOBAO. Generally, CFO & I bought from merchants that had better reviews/ ratings… You may say that some unscrupulous merchants may just create multiple fake accounts to give themselves high ratings and rave reviews, but really, you can never be sure about online purchases and this was the only other assurance we could get… Just a heads up, the general foreign currency exchange between SGD and RMB is roughly 1:5.. (5RMB to 1SGD) So in case you see RMB below, you do the math ok? ;) HEHEHE.

Will share the pictures of the items that have arrived and some background information on it as we go along… So, without further ado, IKIMASHOO! (Japanese phrase translated as “Let’s go!” in modern day English)

TAOBAO #1) 4-INCH WIDE, WHITE-BEZEL, DAYLIGHT WHITE, PHILIPS 10W LED DOWNLIGHT

gallery_54206_413_125625.png

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=22803636811

1) Quantity & Wattage: Firstly, we confirmed the downlight quantity & required wattage rating from #CalvinTan, as we did the final confirmation on our LIGHTING AND ELECTRICAL PLAN (will upload next time hehehe…). #CalvinTan advised that we would only need 10W-rated LED downlights to achieve our desired “bright-bright-look”…

2) Downlight Depth: #CalvinTan also advised us to get a downlight with a depth of <120mm, because how low the false ceiling will have to be depends on the downlight depth…

3) Heat Sink Fins: Have you ever touched a LED downlight while it has been switched on for a while? WELL, IT FEELS HOT. Yes I know right. I learnt in my polytechnic days that Light-Emitting-Diodes (LED) don’t give out much heat. BUT HEY. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY IT FELT HOT. As such, one feature which I would really recommend would be to buy a downlight that has a considerable amount of heat sink fins (or surface area) usually located at the back of the downlight for heat dissipation lest it spoils the downlight…

4) Future Considerations: CFO & I prefer to go for a brand that we know won’t go out of business/ stock so easily in the foreseeable future… This is because we don’t want to be faced with the situation, where we have to try to source for other downlight brands to match the dimensions of the existing hole in the false ceiling. This is in the very-possible event that our current/spare downlights have all gone kaput and we are faced with the situation that the company that we bought from before has gone bust. It will be painful to source for downlights to exactly match the gaping 4” hole in your false ceiling… Just saying..

5) Cost: Costs us approx. SGD31 each (inclusive of shipping). It is retailing in Singapore at SGD60 each. Seeing as I bought the DAYLIGHT-white version of the downlight, I see it fit that I deem this to be some form of DAYLIGHT robbery. (again, pun totally intended :P)

6) Genuine/ Fake: Hmm.. Actually CFO & I were a bit skeptical… So just to be safe, we shipped 1x of the taobao Philips downlight over… Afterwhich, we actually went to a Phillips store in Singapore to compare the exact same model of downlight… We saw, touched and switched on the ‘Singapore version’… And you know what? EXACTLY THE SAME. I DON’T KNOW HOW ELSE TO TELL YOU LIAO. HAHAHAHA. IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE, THEN GO AND COMPARE YOURSELF. HAHAHA…

TAOBAO #2) WHITE 7W TRACK LIGHTS & WHITE TRACKS

gallery_54206_413_16198.png

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=25725064876

gallery_54206_413_335411.png

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=17499602429

Upon #CalvinTan’s design advice (I know I know… tell you something you don’t already know right? Hahaha…), we got track lights with 7W lamps.. In white!!! Also in daylight white. Woohoo.

TAOBAO #3) KOHLER UNDER-MOUNT WASH BASIN K-2355T-0

gallery_54206_413_120749.png

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37008197848&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

The Kohler sink was approved by #CalvinTan.. Costs us RMB315 (excluding shipping) and what really surprised us was that (if you top up by another RMB31.5) the sink stopper provided was those “press-to-release” and “press-to-activate” button-spring-mechanism type… Gone are the needs for those loose rubber stoppers you would have seen somewhere else before! Also, much to my pleasant surprise, the stopper spring mechanism is VERY VERY SOLID. Both the sink and stopper feel like the real deal.

TAOBAO #4) KITCHEN SINK FLEX-HOSE TAP

gallery_54206_413_37229.png

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18589261075

This was one of those things that both CFO & I had the same opinion about, and agreed on a long time ago.. We both ever washed big pans/ woks using conventional kitchen taps before, and found it a hassle trying to get rinsing water to reach those hard-to-reach places and wash off those soap suds… Heh heh, as such we both got this flex-hose tap! :)

Haiyo, got too many Tao Bao purchases liao.

Have to split this post up… Till the next time… And wishing all my Malay kawans and abangs, a Selamat Hari Raya!!! Happy long weekend to the rest of us!!!

To Be Continued…

Edited by leonjennawong

Hahaha my sister was telling me that nowadays she don’t even need to talk to me about my house renovation anymore because she can just read everything right off my blog here at Renotalk… Wahahaha… :notti:

Anyway, today’s update will be on my CEILING FAN PURCHASES FROM JOHOR BAHRU!!!

My buddies #MrPW and #MrMuscleDF recommended me to buy my ceiling fans from this store in JB… As I have mentioned before (I think I have), CFO & I have decided to install ceiling fans for our living/dining area & for all 3 bedrooms.. So we’re going to have 4 ceiling fans in total. :P

OK so here’s the deal: I heard from my buddies that the ceiling fans in JB are so much cheaper that they can be up to as much as 50% savings off the price you get in Singapore due to the favourable exchange rate & lower cost of living in JB. This was and still is too good a deal to miss. Till then, CFO & I hardly ever go into Malaysia for anything; because we are so “sua-ku”, gullible and scared. We were too frightened by all the robbery/bribery stories that we heard, and what’s more, you are talking about venturing into an unfamiliar territory compounded by the fact that we have next-to-no grasp of Behasa Melayu… :jawdrop: *eerie music in the background*

Oh well, I exaggerate. (But eh we really didn’t enter Malaysia that often one lei.)

#MrMuscleDF was nice enough to drive CFO & I in during a weekend (thank you to #MrsMuscleDF also for letting us have your hubby for the whole day HAHA. :P) to allay some of our fears and to give us an orientation somewhat… We spent about close to 1.5 hours at the shop choosing and conversing with #CalvinTan & #Edgar about suitable designs... :) We were assisted by a nice young man called #Yan.. Recommend readers to go and ask for him if you do decide to pop by and take a look... hehe.. :)

ADVICE FOR WOULD-BE JOHOR BAHRU VENTURISTS & BUYERS:

- Bring enough ringgit; because they apparently don’t take credit cards,

- SGD150 tax-free limit per person; if you are in JB for less than 24 hours. (e.g. if you have 4 people going in & out from JB to buy fans, you can purchase goods (no poultry hor) to a consolidated and maximum cost of SGD600 tax-free!!)

- Find out your maximum-allowed fan diameter & preferred colour from your ID first before you go in, so as to avoid having to pay roaming charges.

- Fan models sold in Malaysia are slightly different from those sold in Singapore. (e.g. You can get 48” KDK baby fans in Singapore, but the KDK Baby fans in JB only go up to 44”)

- Bring trolleys, or lorries, or cars, or muscle-men… ANYTHING that will help you heave those heavy-donkey fans WILL BE MUCH NEEDED. Wahahaha..

In total, we bought a total of 6 ceiling fans (bought 2 for my parents’ house cause the old ones were spoiling :()… Exact ceiling fan models, pictures and price comparisons are duly stated below, ENJOY EVERYBODY!!! :yamseng:

TAMPOI LIGHTING CENTRE SHOP FRONT (despite the lack of the word 'fan' in their shop name, they. do. sell. fans.) :P

gallery_54206_413_167050.jpg

Address and Contact Number:

No. 2, 4 & 6, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1,

Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai)

81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.

Tel: 607-241 8999/ 8990/ 8963

Fax: 607-241 9888

Email: tampoi@hotmail.com

1x white ELMARK AERONAMICS 56" CEILING FAN & 3x white KDK K11Z1 44" BABY FANS – Can't wait for them to be installed!! Elmark fan for the living/dining area & the other 3 KDK baby fans for all the bedrooms...

gallery_54206_413_369937.jpg

- Elmark Aeronamics 56" Ceiling Fan bought for SGD480 in JB compared to Singapore retailing at SGD600

- KDK 44" Baby Fan bought in JB for SGD140 each. This fan model is not available in Singapore, with the closest being the 48" KDK R48SP retailing in Singapore at SGD288. A little more than twice the price, for a meagre 4" more... I will take my 44" baby fan anytime... :PYeah Baby. (pun totally intended)

SHOP ELMARK FAN IN ACTION – I had to exercise my ninja-esque reflexes to capture this rare footage of this grey Elmark fan within the shop because they apparently don't allow photos in there. Kenna scolded by one of the more senior employees. Hahahahaha... :)

gallery_54206_413_316858.jpg

GREY KDK V60WK 60” CEILING FAN FOR PARENTS – Installed in parents’ living room

gallery_54206_413_9669.jpg

- Costs SGD208 in JB compared to Singapore retailing at SGD563

SILVER KDK K11Z1 44” CEILING BABY FAN FOR PARENTS - Installed in parents’ study room

gallery_54206_413_468765.jpg

- Same model as what I got for my bedrooms... Bought in JB for SGD140 each, not retailing in Singapore.

CFO & I are indeed blessed to have friends like #MrMuscleDF and #MrPW to bring us into JB for this kind of lobang... I promised to share good lobangs here and in my opinion, this will help to reduce the tension on those purse strings of ours... CFO & I probably saved about SGD560 from ceiling fan purchases, which would go a long way... :thumbs up:

OH WELL, IT'S LATE.

HAVE A GOOD & PRODUCTIVE MONDAY TOMORROW GUYS!!!

LET MY OPTIMISM FOR THE COMING WEEK INFECT YOU ALL!! CHEERIO! :dancingqueen:

hey leon,

what is the min drop down length of the Elmark Aeronamics you bought? Did u happen to ask about the back fan behind it? Think it's a Aeratron E503.

Hi Leon & Jenna,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Good to know what to look out for in reno. Do you mind sharing Calvin's contact and the quote with me? My email: janice_yl_tan@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Jan

• Like 1