Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

this is like a movie in the making...I am also anticipating the finale.

Very good build up! Jia you and happy holiday!

Time for my ikea trip too...

• Like 2

KEY COLLECTION ON 28TH APRIL 2014, 2.10PM

FINALLY collected our keys!!! The whole appointment took only about 30 min.. Inclusive of the Singapore Power water & electricity account set-up, house keys hand-over & also the fire insurance briefing... CFO & I immediately popped down to our new home after getting the keys.... Let me tell you new home owners, the feeling as you approach your new house is immeasurably exciting & intimate.. :) I was looking all over the block, even before I stepped into the house, thinking...
"Waaaaaaaa... This is going to be the void deck that is GOING TO BE MY NEW HOME... This is the wall that I will pass by everyday when I go back from work TO MY NEW HOME..... This or That will be my view everytime I choose to walk by this particular way to MY NEW HOME...."

Finally we get to see some action and not only paper talk.

Congrats on the key collection and good luck on the reno. :)

• Like 1

HEY HO EVERY BIRDIE!! :D

First and foremost, Happy Mother’s Day to all Mums!!!

Wanted to upload this post a couple of days ago but dunno why got problem accessing Renotalk lei... Oh well glad it's back up!

CFO & I just submitted our list of defects to the Building Services Centre (BSC) located in our estate..

Just a piece of advice to all future home owners, do google for “HDB BTO defects tips” or something along that long… A few kind souls have compiled and put up their recommended list of things to do & defects to look out for.. So yeah.. Just helping to spread word of it and share.. :)

My dearest CFO is currently seated beside me, surfing #TaoBao right now for Philips downlights, and here I am beside her blogging away… :P Heh heh…

Oh, if any one of you dearest beloved readers happen to know of any good 12W round LED downlights with diffuser on #TaoBao, please PM me to share your lobang… LeonJennaWong would be most grateful… hehehe ;)

QUICK UPDATE ON PURCHASES

OK, just a quick update on purchases so far by CFO & I… Turns out that we are both quite ngiao on furniture choice & colour… As we both believe the furniture we buy can definitely make or break our Scandinavian design…

We have been shopping around for furniture at some places.. Like Tan Boon Liat building, #MakeRoom, #Pomelo, #Ikea, #MountainTeak, #GalangaLiving, #XTRA etc. etc.

We both find the furniture designs at #Grafunkt, #TheDesignStoreByLifeStory & #XTRA are the most appropriate to compliment the theme of our currently-imaginative-dream-home. Hahaha…

Speaking of which, #PoshHome’s carpenter didn’t manage to come up with the washed-up finish for the colourful dining tablethat we had wanted.. They told us that they would have to ship in and use the actual marine-ply scavenged off old ships which would cost a mini fortune… :jawdrop: Anyway, not a problem for CFO & I because we were starting to think that the colourful vintage table would be too ‘complicated’ for our theme…

In the end, we chanced upon and fell hopelessly & deeply in love with a beautiful solid oak table from #TheDesignStoreByLifeStory… The grain and colour is just the right combination we were looking for! Needless to say, we bought it… For $1970… Chairs not included.. :P

1.8 metre-long Solid Oak Dining Table:

gallery_54206_10_145857.jpg

Also at #TheDesignStoreByLifeStory, we got this great deal for 2x #Muuto coffee tables at $1300… Very excited about these purchases!!!Now I finally understand what #CalvinTan meant in our first proper WhatsApp chat with him, when he said that Scandinavian theme done properly, is more expensive one… *gulp*

#Muuto Coffee Table combination (Light Grey & Light Oak colour):

gallery_54206_8_17202.png

Now all that we need to do is to wait long long for the BSC peeps to call us back to inform us that the defects have been rectified before we can fix a date for #CalvinTan to COMMENCE WITH OUR RENOVATION!!!

See ya’ll again! :):) :)

FIN. :P

Your entry very funny! Made me laugh for a good 1min..LOL..I feel that you chose a good ID, who has pride in his design hence "scolded" u for not consulting him before making those purchase.. :good::good:

• Like 1

Oh ya... Instant heater seems a thing of past. We got that too.

ID : "Instant heater"???!

Us: Look at his shocked face and ... **silence... ...

Needless to say, we got water heater tank.

• Like 1

HO HO HO! I am back!

So many things happened but mainly prevented from blogging due to lack of time from my wedding preparations... Today woke up a bit earlier on a whim to provide some brief updates.... Here we go.. :P

KENNA SCOLDED BY #CALVINTAN UNTIL JIALAT JIALAT

On 25th April 2014, just when I was about to sleep at 11.04pm... I kenna my first scolding by #CalvinTan.. Hahaha... Apparently some other home owner "bao toh" my other expo purchases to #CalvinTan... And then he went to see my pictures... This is the first sentence he said to me on that fateful night:

"U bought so many things at the expo fair without asking me???"

Over the next 1-hour, he complained that:

- Stainless steel hob is super duper chin chong (cina) & ugly, and doesn't match the kitchen design

- Instant heater (even with rain shower) will spoil the entire look of the toilet.. Until there isn't even any point to add on my beloved motif wall tiles

- That we overpaid for the air-con set & the warranty extension is a sham, because your FCU hardly spoils. Not forgetting Gain City's reputation for bad workmanship.

- The entire house image is done for :(:( :(

In the midst of the long long long 1-hour conversation he kept going "faintz", which made me a little disappointed in myself really for choosing those kind of designs and not consulting him before hand.. Come to think of it, we only asked for his opinion on the kitchen hood..... For everything else, we thought design-sense didn't matter & that functionality was all that we needed to consider.... :(

In the end, #CalvinTan still apologised for being a bit harsh with his words... But he told me that when he saw the pictures he really became very sad...

Sigh. But actually to me, he didn't need to apologise... Though it's our house, on hindsight, we ought to have consulted him first... In the end we are just appreciative that he still has that designer drive to reprimand us & correct us before we err any further....

In the end, THANKFULLY we could trade in the values from the instant heaters & transfer them to the kitchen hob upgrade (upgraded the stainless steel Rinnai kitchen hob into a tempered glass version, with #CalvinTan's blessings... phew..)

My new Rinnai black tempered glass kitchen hob:

gallery_54206_7_3351.jpg

KEY COLLECTION ON 28TH APRIL 2014, 2.10PM

FINALLY collected our keys!!! The whole appointment took only about 30 min.. Inclusive of the Singapore Power water & electricity account set-up, house keys hand-over & also the fire insurance briefing... CFO & I immediately popped down to our new home after getting the keys.... Let me tell you new home owners, the feeling as you approach your new house is immeasurably exciting & intimate.. :) I was looking all over the block, even before I stepped into the house, thinking...
"Waaaaaaaa... This is going to be the void deck that is GOING TO BE MY NEW HOME... This is the wall that I will pass by everyday when I go back from work TO MY NEW HOME..... This or That will be my view everytime I choose to walk by this particular way to MY NEW HOME...."
Hahahahaha. Ok I am a bit kuku liao. Pictures tell a thousand words, and so I hereby give you... Four Thousand Words below regarding my new house... :)
Beautiful key pouch:
gallery_54206_3_57046.jpg
Our 5-room living/dining hall (huat-ness at top right hand corner):
gallery_54206_3_62261.jpg
Our cosy little (freaking small) kitchen:
gallery_54206_3_80891.jpg
The place where all the business happens in the house:
gallery_54206_3_2839.jpg
Till next time, enjoy what's left of your long weekend guys!!!(applicable only for those who took leave/off on Friday, like me. Wahahaha... :P)
Edited by leonjennawong

Hi leonjennawong , Thanks so much for your reply !! They said was a better compressor or something. . Was thinking of spending 4k, ended up 6k plus!!

Also , tried calling posh but no pick up and slow in return messages so will not consider them.. maybe too much biz cos of your highly recommendation! Haha guess just not my luck to polish the gem you found ... :(

• Like 1

Hi everyone, nice informative blog here :)

Quite worried buying air con from gain city as I heard fr my fren that GC ppl called them to say the compressor they brought are out of stock and have to upgrade and ended up paying 2k more for the intended sales ...

leonjennawong, please do update me on your air con purchase once u hands on them .. TIA!:)

Yo sotongyun! Yes a Gain City salesman ever told me about that scenario before.. So it's best not to buy too early lor.. Anyway they can deliver the air con system within 2-3 weeks of purchase...

Also hor, topping up 2k sounds a bit much.. Unless your friend upgraded from a lower system number to a higher system number, can't imagine where the increased cost can come from lei... *scratch head* Having said that, I do believe such cases have happened before... So, go for more popular brands that are more likely to keep stock and spares!!

How much was the additional 4 yrs warranty extension for the 2 Starmex fancoils?

Hey hey tessina! Nice to hear from you again... :) the warranty upgrade costs $499! Anyway it's for 4 fan coils, not 2... 2-FCU warranty extension should be cheaper but I'm not sure how much wor...

is the extended warranty just for fancoils or the whole system ? how much is it ?

Hello alfredt, the extended warranty is for the 4x FCUs and costs $499.. Warranty not covered for aesthetic aspects and for general wear & tear... :)

Ahhhhhhhh! Can't wait for my Reno to start!!!:D

Edited by leonjennawong