Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I was quoted $120/ft by IDs for kompacPlus. One of my friend called up the company itself and was quoted the same price.

Edited by hwtc28

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm the opposite. Switching from the initial choice of KompacPlus to Quartz. Difference is $20 per ft.. Estimated is 18 ft which is only $260..

Seeing your post makes me reconsider going for Kompactop instead of Quartz. Care to share price per ft (tried to google more about Kompactop but seems like it's quite tough to find info).

Thanks!! :)

• Like 1

Wow it feels like as though I just woke up from a deep 1 month long sleep....

I offer my sincerest apologies to everyone.... Especially those who PM-ed me and I made you wait so long for a reply... I really have been so super busy... :( Just tided over this mini safety campaign crisis period at my workplace... Work at 11.30pm to 12am+ for quite a few nights.... I even had to put my wedding prep on hold... Time outside of work was put into renovation scouting, wedding prep lor... Really no time to blog wor... And oh ya. Now that I mention about my wedding preparations... OMG.

Got video montage la... Photo montage la... Song choice la.. Coordinate with hotel la... Buy this la.. Buy that la... OMG. Not. Fun. :~

Renovation is still more fun. Hehehehehe....

HDB is still taking their own sweet time to release my house keys to me.. Block 432C and 432A of Vista Spring have already started getting their keys for a few weeks liao... But no news for 432B... Sian.

On another front, renovation planning with #CalvinTan has progressed & even taken a turn at the planning stage.... about 3 weeks ago we started to meet up with him on the exact details of our carpentry & colour choice!!!

KITCHEN CABINET LAMINATE COLOUR FROM #FORMICA (2nd column & 3rd row from bottom right)

When I was uploading I suddenly realised that #CalvinTan's hand is in the background... hahaha..

gallery_54206_7_52472.jpg

We settled on the colour of the kitchen carpentry laminates very quickly, same as before... Previously, we had wanted to go for white-tiled backsplash, mint kitchen laminates & grey quartz countertop surface.. Which looks like this:

gallery_54206_7_72136.jpg

However from that day's discussion with #CalvinTan, we actually made some changes to the kitchen surface top... (what can I say, CFO & I are two fickle-minded people hehehehe :D)

We compared the grey colour Quartz VS #Kompactop 10.20 Boston Cherry.. And finally decided to go for the less-boring #Kompactop choice.. We had to ask #CalvinTan for the pros and cons of #Kompactop material on the spot before making a decision (see below)

- Impact-resistant (comparable to Quartz; I'm saying so of my own assumption because I think Quartz, being a natural stone and all, will crack & chip off more easily)

- Joining Lines: at corners are angled 45 degrees, which I think looks nicer (but not applicable to me though)

- Stain-proof (We asked #CalvinTan on the stain-proofing characteristics of #Kompactop & Quartz, he said no problem)

- Heat-resistant (apparently someone tested with a naked flame on the #Kompactop surface before, with no issues, though probably will fare worse than Quartz in this aspect)

- Design (The wood grain surface designs are not available for Quartz obviously! haha... Also the side trimming for #Kompactop is black in colour, which gives a bit more character to the kitchen..)

- Scratch-resistant (#CalvinTan took out his key, and BOY did he scratch on the #Kompactop; No problems. :))

- Price (#Kompactop is a little bit cheaper than Quartz according to #CalvinTan, but he said it's negligible)

A piece of advise to anyone out there who has a ear to listen to me... When deciding on the kitchen design, it is best to let the Master Chef in the relationship to decide because he/she is the one who will be using it most frequently... Food Tasters (like myself) better stay back and just support in spirit and moolah. Wahahahahaha... ;)

And so... CFO finally decided on #Kompactop being the WINNER!!!

HERE IS OUR FINAL DECISION ON THE COLOUR COMBINATION FOR OUR BELOVED KITCHEN:

(notice the black trimming on the #Kompactop, and we used white rough paper to stand-in for the backsplash white-tiles)

gallery_54206_7_74870.jpg

For the benefit of those readers who are considering #Kompactop, I also took a picture of a few of the other shades available for your reference; (sorry missed out the last few, but the colour shade gets darker as you can imagine :P)

gallery_54206_7_49962.jpg

Until the next time I see you guys (which I promise won't be too far away)....

See ya and enjoy the long weekend!!!

:seeya:

hello couple,

this is my kinda house theme too! can share with me the quote? anzz_15@yahoo.com.

we'll take it from there as i have few qns to ask =)

hope you dont mind.

thank you!

• Like 1