Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hahaha

Let me tell you that my design sense seriously kind of lousy and color combination is at another disaster level.

Anyway thanks for the compliments...

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I'm curious about Calvin Tan's super stroller. Could you help me ask what is the brand? I'm looking for a stroller. Thanks.

Hi harriette! U have a very unique name.. Haha anyway, #CalvinTan said the brand is Bugaboo. He even sent a picture to me but I'm sure you can Google the image for it...

I am well and truly shocked. This stroller... Has Omg.. SPRING SUSPENSION...

Just like a freaking motor vehicle.

I am stunned. Hahahahaha anyway happy stroller-hunting :) pm me if you want my #PoshHome quotation ya? Thanks

Edited by leonjennawong

the lamps are nice, try to source from taobao lol

I think the lights will be suitable for your house design.

For me i will prefer to go with white more ...

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Takaishi & songz, thanks for your confirmations!! Really appreciated!! I feel a bit more at ease now, after the 2 of you gave me this assurance.. Hahaha. My design taste will tend to veer and I'm generally jialat at design. =x

Takaishi, I will definitely try my luck at taobao! I actually found this awesome birch clock which I will share in due time... :)

Songz, I actually don't mind the idea of all white for my lamps.. Your design sense actually seems quite good lei. *thumbs up!* Like tessina mentioned, it might help to simplify the look instead of complicating it with too many colours and things going on...

My personal opinion - look for lamps with cleaner lines. Would keep the overall look of your home more to the original intent, plus also draw more focus on the table you invested in :)

Tessina you sound like my boss. Hahahahaha.. He is always talking about intention behind certain rules or policies.. Haha just joking. :D

Actually tessina, I think you are right.. I must try to re-align and constantly remind myself of my main direction of my design.. Cleaner lines definitely a must, and you got that right about the part of wanting the dining table to be the focal point of the room! Thanks so much for your great advice! Anyway.. Do you have any suitable dining lamps to recommend? Hahaha :P

Edited by leonjennawong

Hihi MrandMrsWEE! Do start your own T-Blog! hahahahaha and let me know once you have set it up!!! I will be sure to subscribe to it! heh heh :P

Yeah I'm really glad that we found #CalvinTan! So many design ideas coming from him & the best part is after engaging him, we continue to have a solid designer brain to count on. :D

Also, PLEASE DO share your 3D drawing with me please!! It's gonna be awesome! Curious what other genius ideas this #CalvinTan has up his sleeve!! :) Cheers to our reno journeys!!!

Hahaha, will definitely share my 3D with you! (:

Keep updating ur T-blog! 😄

• Like 1

My personal opinion - look for lamps with cleaner lines. Would keep the overall look of your home more to the original intent, plus also draw more focus on the table you invested in :)

• Like 1

I think the lights will be suitable for your house design.

For me i will prefer to go with white more ...

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

• Like 1

I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT SOMETHING. HAHA.

If I could title the following section of my post.... Hmm... It would be called......

How To Persuade Your Wife/ CFO To Let You Buy The Huge-Donkey TV You Always Wanted

hahahahaha... This #CalvinTan taught me how to go around my CFO's budget control, in an ethical way of cos! :P

#CalvinTan ever shared with me on his personal experience with #MrsCalvinTan, using baby strollers as an example.. hahaha.. Basically if you can afford it, don't over-subscribe & apply the "scrimp & save every-single-cent mentality" to all your renovation/ house accessory purchases...

So the story of #CalvinTan's baby-stroller-buying goes something like this...

#CalvinTan wanted to buy a better brand (and more expensive) baby stroller that cost $1,000... This super-stroller (hahaha nice name that I gave the stroller right? :P) can turn here turn there, super hardy, extremely light.. Wah. The features can go on and on... But #MrsCalvinTan wanted to save $$$... So he thought, "not wrong to save $$ ma... ok lor..". And so the #CalvinTan family bought the cheapest (albeit heaviest, clunkiest & the "most minimalistic") baby stroller... After a short while, the cheapo baby stroller gave way... spoilt lor...

So the next time round they thought, "ok maybe we go for something better this time round!" ANDDDDDD so they bought the next-better-generation baby stroller! Time passed before #MrsCalvinTan thought that the current stroller was a bit difficult to turn, not all the wheels are fully rotatable, very difficult to bring baby around you know?! HAHAHA.

And so no prizes for guessing, the #CalvinTan family bought an EVEN BETTER baby stroller!! hahaha... And to cut the story short, they didn't settle for this baby-stroller either... #CalvinTan finally put his foot down and went for the SUPER-STROLLER that he always wanted, after experiencing about 7 different strollers along the way.... :) BTW, they are still using the super-stroller to this day. (i think) All in all, they spent more than $1,000 on the different baby-strollers.. More than they would have if they'd just went for the $1,000 stroller in the first place! :rolleyes:

Anyway aside from #CalvinTan's advice, I have also long thought that buying TVs are just like buying computers... The latest models are always crazy-expensive, so you should go for a couple of models before the latest generation, where the specifications are still really good, BUT the prices are a lot cheaper... This way, you get the most bang for your buck!!! Value for money! Heh heh... :P

And so with that story of the #CalvinTan family in mind as my added ammunition, call it a devious tactic if you will, but......

I have finally managed to convince my CFO to allow me to get my long-term dream SAMSUNG 60" FULL HD SMART LED LCD TV UA60F6300!!!

Isn't she a beauty??? :P Bought from the recent IT Show at Marina Bay Sands for $2199. (CFO kept complaining that she wanted to eat grass the next few days, of course it didn't happen. :P:p:p)

gallery_54206_8_13163.png

Since we are on the topic, I also got the Samsung HW-F450 2.1 Sound Bar w Wireless Subwoofer @ $279. (OK i didn't do much research on soundbars. actually. Looks good, Got bluetooth connectivity, Got wireless subwoofer = Good Enough!)

gallery_54206_8_50805.png

NOW, BEFORE I GO OUT OF TOPIC on this predominantly renovation-related blog......

I have some updates on our beloved dining table!!! Take a look at the photo sent by #CalvinTan below:

gallery_54206_8_78179.jpg

LOOKS LIKE A FREAKING TABLE MADE OF FREAKING LEGO RIGHT. OMG. I CERTAINLY HOPE IT LOOKS BETTER SOON. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Aiya apparently, what you are seeing is just the base coat of paint. The #PoshHome carpenters will start to stain the individual dining table wooden pieces with the oh-so-beautiful tapestry of colours, before finally sanding it all off to get the amazing finish that we want... Let's wait and see what happens next. :) more posts on this when I get the pictures! hehehe...

Oh, and last thing for tonight..... I've been meaning to post this up for some time already... CFO & I saw this shop near the #PoshHome showroom... called Lite Lab or something.. Saw this beautiful bamboo pendant light that might work for my dining area.. The bulbs are of the incandescent type. But costs $350 lei. Hmm. We could possibly paint the bamboo frames into white, baby pink & baby blue colours......

Bamboo pendant light photo in beautiful light fawn colour... Really am in love with this colour.. :wub:

gallery_54206_8_28802.jpg

Colour combination of dining lights that we might try to mimick, other than the grey one (sorry for blur image, captured from TV)

gallery_54206_8_37529.jpg

What do you all think ah?

Edited by leonjennawong

Yoz Leon!

Walaoz, you made me feel like doing T-Blog as well siaa! :D

Really glad that you were introduced to Calvin!

We're waiting for his 3D as well.. Will share with you once i've gotten them :P

Hihi MrandMrsWEE! Do start your own T-Blog! hahahahaha and let me know once you have set it up!!! I will be sure to subscribe to it! heh heh :P

Yeah I'm really glad that we found #CalvinTan! So many design ideas coming from him & the best part is after engaging him, we continue to have a solid designer brain to count on. :D

Also, PLEASE DO share your 3D drawing with me please!! It's gonna be awesome! Curious what other genius ideas this #CalvinTan has up his sleeve!! :) Cheers to our reno journeys!!!

Edited by leonjennawong

Yoz Leon!

Walaoz, you made me feel like doing T-Blog as well siaa! :D

Really glad that you were introduced to Calvin!
We're waiting for his 3D as well.. Will share with you once i've gotten them :P

• Like 1

Heya Leon,

Though I have thank you in email but I just want to show my appreciation for your sharing and journey so far. Just for everyone benefit, Leon is not fake lah. Went down to meet Calvin & Ephron again yesterday, realised he takes a lot projects from tampines greenleaf . He told me he is actually busy so that's why Ephron assists him. Ephron is not bad albeit not so talkative at first. I met them twice and during the meeting, spent about 3 hours, yesterday we met from 7.30-10.30, imagine it, i so paiseh till i apologise to him for taking much of his time (his wife and son were waiting beside us while we discussed) :P

My theme is modern european and I will source some of my stuff from taobao and Calvin is ok with it.Cool max cos some ID don't like it if we take from taobao.

Thank you once again Leon, and can't wait to see your next post.

Cheers,

Elvira

Wow! Hahaha thanks so much elvira for your kind words! Really makes my day.. Hehehe :P Modern European!! Very beautiful and interesting theme! Your house will look gorgeous!

If you start a t-blog please pm me your url k? :) Engaging these "theme designer" designers is a right step towards your dream house! There was a comment earlier from another visitor to my blog about Ephron being very proactive and on the ball as well! Seems like we have unearthed another ID gem from Renotalk & #PoshHome!

Yeah all the best in our Reno journeys!!!:) :) :)

Heya Leon,

Though I have thank you in email but I just want to show my appreciation for your sharing and journey so far. Just for everyone benefit, Leon is not fake lah. Went down to meet Calvin & Ephron again yesterday, realised he takes a lot projects from tampines greenleaf . He told me he is actually busy so that's why Ephron assists him. Ephron is not bad albeit not so talkative at first. I met them twice and during the meeting, spent about 3 hours, yesterday we met from 7.30-10.30, imagine it, i so paiseh till i apologise to him for taking much of his time (his wife and son were waiting beside us while we discussed) :P

My theme is modern european and I will source some of my stuff from taobao and Calvin is ok with it.Cool max cos some ID don't like it if we take from taobao.

Thank you once again Leon, and can't wait to see your next post.

Cheers,

Elvira

Edited by elvira

• Like 2

PHEW! Finally finished my Fire Safety Manager assignment.. All freaking 89 pages of it!!! I want to die liao. Sunday has come and gone, and I've missed my opportunity to spend it with my beloved CFO... :( the sole comfort I have now is from blogging quietly here.. hahaha so poor thing lei. :P Sorry lei everyone I have been really really so so so busyyyyyy... :(:( :( sobs. Good to see that my blog didn't degrade into a request-and-sent-thread in my absence.. heh heh :P

ANYWAY. thanks lei taiwee7.. Your drooling is received with a lot of appreciation.. hahahaha... :D

I've been discussing with CFO on our master toilet wall tiles recently.. with some inputs from #CalvinTan.. he actually sent 28 whatsapp photos to us for consideration on the type of wall overlay that we want for the master toilet tiles.. Can't attach all here due to the 5 pictures per post limitation here.. But they're all basically either mosaic or motif tiles.... But ohmygod 28 photos. :jawdrop: hahahaha..

Will show you guys 5 of the nicer photos (in my opinion) that #CalvinTan sent over to us... Still gotta decide lor. So difficult lei. I always thought that I wanted a hotel-like-feel for my master bathroom... dark tiles with character.. glass... mirror.. with light accents.......

BUT NOW when I see how pretty the motif tiles look, I'm starting to have second thoughts about my hotel-themed master toilet. hahahahaha talk about being wishy-washy... :P

AIYA JUST A TOILET ONLY LEI!! WAH... At this rate I will go bonkers. (0_0)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You know the kind of feeling you get when you got a lot of options/choices and you don't know which one to go for? Touché. :P

Luckily I am engaging an ID and not a contractor. I plan to just consult and wait for #CalvinTan's advice.. As much as I want to.. really cannot be too micro-managing on all aspects of my home reno... Still got work, night class exam & assignment.. and WEDDING to tend to... tiring. :( Sorry i complain so much. hehehehhee...

Anyway as promised, here are 5 of the nicer photos... The last one being my favourite as always.. :)

Mosaic tiles sent by #CalvinTan (am starting to feel that mosaic is a bit common.. and I also worry that the small mosaic pieces will start to drop off here and there...)

gallery_54206_9_45188.jpg

Motif tiles!!!

gallery_54206_9_46945.jpg

gallery_54206_9_24375.jpg

gallery_54206_9_34983.jpg

Finally managed to find a picture of the entire wall clad in this wonderful & pretty motif tiles... *swoon* hehehe :)

gallery_54206_9_85194.jpg

I realised that some of the motif tiles can actually look quite vintage and rustic... So I must be careful which one i choose... obviously my master toilet is not going to be scandinavian style, but i still wouldn't want something too vintage-looking... So the last picture (i hope) actually gives a welcome splash of colour to my toilet amidst all the beige+mirror+glass combination... Meeting #CalvinTan soon.. Hopefully CFO & I can settle this by then.....

That's all sorry for the short post guys.. Will update more when I have more time I promise... :(

Argh tomorrow is monday! No no no cannot lidat... i love my job i love my job i love my job i love my job i love my job....