Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

You bought joven finally? I got the 25 litres.

But hor... I dunno why they install it with the brand facing inside instead! Dunno if I should raise this.. Mine is installed in the common toilet730EDC5F-2B9C-4E3D-80DF-A2C52196223A_zps

Yo bianzi! Hehe.. Looking at your photo, looks like there is a small beam on the top left-hand-side of your photo.. That, together with the location of your 2 water pipes (connected to wall) actually makes it seem like it is not practical to install the other way round; which is with the brand facing outwards.. *shrug* Anyway your current water tank orientation still allows you to see the indicator lights on the side of the water tank right? If I'm not wrong, it will be more difficult to see that if your ID had installed it with the brand facing outwards... *double shrug* hope I helped somehow...

Oh I also want to ask, where are you placing your toilet roll holder with the bowl so near the wall

Yeah this is one big headache! Install on the wall behind also cannot (no space & very difficult to turn around to reach), on the glass shower screen also cannot (no space & scared sth happen to the glass Hahaha :P), install on the vanity cabinet also cannot (no space)... In the end, we are planning to install the toilet roll holder on the wall OPPOSITE to the toilet bowl! Wahahaha... CFO & I even took turns to do role playing to "sit and reach" (not the Primary School NAPFA test version of "sit and reach", mind you.. :P).. Location good enough, can reach! :D Anyway we have a neighbour-friend who invited us over to see their house and coincidentally they also installed their toilet roll holder at the same location! Hehehe..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sheesh I am so beat right now... But the 'show' must go on & here I am once again... Hee. :)

Today I will be bringing to you other generic updates on my humble renovation!!

MASTER BATHROOM TAP INSTALLATION - The Kohler tap from TaoBao has been fixed up! :) Standard fare with good water flow.
gallery_54206_9_71903.jpg
Oh yeah, the toilet bowl is finally fixed back, which meant a bit less stress for myself whenever I want to visit my new house. Wahahaha.. I finally don't have to visit the toilet & decrease my water intake before popping over to my new house.. If you know what I mean. HAHAHA. :D

is it me or the toilet bowl is very close to the cabinet? how to seat in behind completely without the legs or bottoms hitting the cabinet?

Aiyooooo MESSIECAT!!

I'M SO SORRY I MISSED YOUR MESSAGE!! :jawdrop: *gulp* sorry sorry make you wait so long for my reply... hahahaha...

Firstly, I'm very humbled by your question and I will be glad to share what I have found out... Let's get this kick started with the standard face-off of Laminate Flooring Vs. Vinyl Flooring.. *rubs hands together in glee* :notti: heh heh heh... (btw fellas, if i missed out anything in this comparison or got some facts wrong, please correct me... Then we can all learn from my mistake! :idea: )

CHARACTERISTICS COMPARISON BETWEEN LAMINATE & VINYL FLOORING

EXPANSION & CONTRACTION - Laminate flooring apparently expands and contracts a lot more as ambient temperature changes throughout the day. As such, installers will leave a small gap at the sides (joining-line-between-your-floor-and-your-wall). The purpose of the gap is to leave some room for expansion of the laminate flooring to take place. Without which, your laminate flooring may buckle and pop up as the excess matter have nowhere to go. :P That being said, since there is a gap left against the wall, you may want to install a wall skirting over the gap to hide it! :bleah: I've been told that vinyl doesn't expand that much and you can cut out the vinyl panels such that they flush with the wall very precisely and beautifully... :)

WATER-RELATED PROBLEMS - An age-old bane of laminate flooring is the warping and discolouration that comes with the DREADED WATER SPILLAGE & SOAKING!!! *cue horror music!!!Frantic laminate flooring owners can be heard scurrying off to find the nearest mop* While this is true for laminate flooring in general, I have come across many laminate products that claim that their laminates have wax-coatings on the sides of their laminate panels, which essentially stops this water-soaking phenomenon and the horror that comes with it. Wahahaha... On the other side, vinyl is basically a form of plastic. So you will never have to worry about water-soaking problems. HOWEVER, do take note that if either are not installed correctly (tightly) on a flat surface, you may find that the Makansutra-KF-Seetoh-Endorsed-Maggie-Curry-Gravy that you accidentally spilt on the floor the other day may have SEEPED UNDER your surface flooring and PONDED in the small crevice between your surface flooring & your true flooring. You will never be able to get at the grease trapped under your surface flooring, and that will invite many kinds of nuisances to visit you... Think of algae growth, the 'damp smell' that comes with it, festering of numerous types of pests, and the occasional nightmare that Makansutra's KF Seetoh will come and haunt that patch of flooring where his Maggie-Curry-Gravy lie. HAHA!! I digress yet again. :rolleyes:

NEW PRODUCT APPREHENSION - Do take note that if an elder chides you for going with vinyl flooring, sometimes it's just because the 'vinyl flooring' they have in mind are those 'hospital vinyl floorings'... If I'm not wrong, BOTH are called vinyl flooring. Other than that, sometimes it's because of the fear of the unknown and the inclination to opt for the familiar, which is laminate flooring in this case...

TOXICITY - Both types of floorings have this concern which I cannot stress enough. Toxic gaseous emissions; usually the main culprit are VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and Formaldehyde in particular. If my memory serves me right, formaldehyde is a CLASS II carcinogen (i will not bore you with the details, it's just really super duper bad for your health) the last time I checked.. If this is even a factor for your consideration between laminates & vinyl flooring, please don't just go for the cheapest product (from China and/or dubious sources)... Your home is meant to be a safe haven for you & your family, not a stewing pot of cancerous gaseous emissions! :jawdrop: (Dear readers, if in doubt, I'm happy to lend my expertise to look at the Material Safety Data Sheet of any laminate/vinyl flooring product, just send to leonjennawong@gmail.com! :D)

Now that we got most of the Laminate Vs. Vinyl conundrum out of the way, if you ask for my honest opinion about the #Berry Laminate flooring against the #Alsafloor Vinyl flooring...Well if I were to make a decision again, shockingly enough, I would go for #Berry Laminate flooring. My reasons are below:

- #Berryflooring have many many MANY more choices of colours to choose from!

- Also considering the fact that you will not be able to get the same cheapo price per-square-foot which I got for my #Alsafloor anymore because they have since increased their price.

- #Berryflooring is thicker than #Alsaflooring; as such it gives a more solid feel when you walk on it (no hollow feeling), and it has a higher noise reduction rating, that will really help especially if your house is facing a busy road or the MRT tracks.

- Though #Berryflooring is inherently a laminate and not vinyl, I am very impressed & confident of the water-proofing capabilities of their #HydroPlus technology in the #Berryflooring Riviera range

- Checked that health requirements are within limits :)

Well hope I helped! Laptop no more battery!!! Gotta go see ya good night sweet dreams!!!:good:

Thank you so much Leon for the detailed breakdown, really very useful. Paisei for my slow reply too, coz I thought my question was skipped past, so I didn't come back and check. :P And I only signed up for Renotalk to read your T-blog. I think you take a lot of things in a positive manner which makes all the good/bad things all sound SUPER GOOD even when you have included the negative facts anyway, and it makes your blog so fun to read. Really appreciate all your sharing and detailed comparisons. I've engaged Posh Home but there were some hiccups along the way, so everything is not moving as fast as I wanted initially but after some changes, I'm quite happy as of now. Hoping that things continue to work out. Looking forward to reading more of your posts and jia you!

is it me or the toilet bowl is very close to the cabinet? how to seat in behind completely without the legs or bottoms hitting the cabinet?

I think more of a concern be the shower screen. While sitting down, you leg has to be parallel with the shower screen.

Yeah this is one big headache! Install on the wall behind also cannot (no space & very difficult to turn around to reach), on the glass shower screen also cannot (no space & scared sth happen to the glass Hahaha :P), install on the vanity cabinet also cannot (no space)... In the end, we are planning to install the toilet roll holder on the wall OPPOSITE to the toilet bowl! Wahahaha... CFO & I even took turns to do role playing to "sit and reach" (not the Primary School NAPFA test version of "sit and reach", mind you.. :P).. Location good enough, can reach! :D Anyway we have a neighbour-friend who invited us over to see their house and coincidentally they also installed their toilet roll holder at the same location! Hehehe..

Sit and reach seems to be the only option. However the protruding holder also act as an obstacle to entering the shower area.

2. I think you shld paint the main door yourself...doesn't look right that shade.

Yeah man! :( Let's see what can be done... I would very possibly take up your advice to paint the main door by myself... The brown is just too jarring on the eyes... :( :( :(

I also thinking of my door .. Wat color to paint cos mine is resale and the color is the same as yours in walnut brown... Super not matching .. But if u paint the door might not be nice when the paint peels next time... And no neighbors ard me paint their doors.. Wondering if I shd leave it and go for varnish... Dilemma...

Hi Saru! :) Thanks for follow my blog all the way till now! Hehehe... I apologise in advance that I left the job about the wood trimming for windows up hanging in the air... :( Unfortunately I don't have good news for you... :( When I got my unit keys, #CalvinTan had come down to measure the clearance for the window wood trimmings but advised against it on the spot... :( This is because there isn't much clearance for him to install the wood trimming for the top rim of the window frame... He said it could still be done, but he told me it was not worth it because it wouldn't look that nice... Plus the fact that my window frames are (THANKFULLY) in white-ish aluminium colour, and not the dark brown colour... :( Sorry again Saru... Maybe you will be able to do it for your unit... :)

Hello seowleng... Oh no you are mistaken... My vinyl flooring only covers all 3 of my bedrooms, dining hall & living hall... Kitchen, service yard, household shelter & toilets are not included... :) While we are on the topic of bathroom floors, I did overlay them with hafary tiles... :D

Thanks for the response - appreciate it!

No worries, i will think of something - I cannot tear down windows to powder coat, so white paint shall do the trick and then there would be would be blinds/curtains to cover it anyway. Mine's not whitish aluminium, i thought everyone in HDB have the same boring stainless steel window frames? Anyway, you should ask for a further discount for not making good anything promised as that window work would have been quite a job.

MORE INTERESTING UPDATES TODAY!! :P

INTERNAL BEDROOM/ BATHROOM DOOR PAINTING – TA DA!!!:D All my internal bathroom & bedroom doors have been painted in immaculate matt white paint!! Looks super heavenly and LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A GOOD DECISION TO PAINT IT WHITE! :wub: The painter told me that they apparently painted 4 coats of paint from morning till night… Salute them for the hard work & the pride they put in.. :)

gallery_54206_8_64173.jpg

Doors look so super nice in putih! (‘white’ in Bahasa Melayu) Now I need to start to seriously contemplate self-painting my MAIN DOOR in putih too.. Hmmm… Oh yes, you can see the lighting effect of the track lights installed at the room passageway.. :)

gallery_54206_9_23243.jpg

Master bathroom toilet door (not shown in earlier picture) also painted white.. I think it offers a good contrast against the stony-greyish-finish of my Master Bathroom wall tiles… :) You will probably notice that the right-hand-side of the photo is the round beauty mirror that CFO & I bought.. Also from #*** Gallery.. Hehe..

#MUUTO COFFEE TABLE SET, DLM TABLE, #GRAFUNKT CIRCUS ARE HERE! - HAHAHAHA WOOHOO! CFO & I LOVE THE MINTY GREEN OF THE #GRAFUNKT CIRCUS!! WE LOVE the ash-coloured & light-grey #Muuto coffee tables!! WE LOVE the baby pink DLM table too!! AHHHHHH!! Love love LOVE!! :wub: :wub: :wub: Wahahahaha…

gallery_54206_8_41280.jpg

#LIFESTORY 1.8M SOLID-WOOD OAK TABLE & #MINIFORMS SLOPE LIGHTS ARE HERE!! – Ecstatic about all these deliveries!! :D Can’t wait for my renovation to finish so I can display them nicely & see the whole house decoration take shape!!!!!! EXCITING!!

gallery_54206_8_150995.jpg

gallery_54206_8_229433.jpg

Will post more pictures later tonight!!

Stay Tuned! Yeah! :good:

• Like 1

ello, your biggest fan is here.... following ur blog almost everyday...looking forward for updates.

i LOVESSSS all the white doors.... but am afraid tat it got stained easily especially my itchy hand like to touch here and there. :D

• Like 1

(THE REST OF THE) MORE INTERESTING UPDATES TODAY!! :P

Hahahahaha... :D

#GRAFUNKT LIGHT GREY FABRIC SOFA ARRIVES! – YEAH!!!:wub: OUR COMFY #GRAFUNKT SOFA HAS ARRIVED!!! Woohoo! I tell you right, the other day CFO & I were so shagged from settling all the TaoBao purchases and we just sat down on the sofa for a short rest, right under our Elmark Aeronamics fan... Blowing blowing.. And before we both knew it, we were sleeping soundly liao! :P WAHAHAHA... Too comfortable already... :) Anyway the #Grafunkt delivery fellas had mixed up the order and delivered the walnut-coloured legs, which they promptly changed the next day.. :good:

The sofa delivery came a bit exposed & was not wrapped in plastic, so CFO & I jumped up and came to the rescue! Hahaha..

gallery_54206_8_94505.jpg

Look at the nice oak pencil legs contrast against the vinyl floor!! So happy with it.. :) Oh yeah, the sofa looked like it got into a fight with Spiderman & Spiderwoman right. WAHAHAHAHA. *laugh until collapse on the floor*

FURNITURE ARRANGING SIMULATION! (FOR FUN!) – During the time period after most of our furniture have arrived, and before the spidey-interventions for our fabric sofa & before the walnut pencil legs were corrected... CFO & I got a bit cheeky & carried away. HEHE. :P We started to arrange our furniture around to get a better idea of the space & colour-combination we had in the living room! :) Took pictures from different angles for memories/ reference and here they are! :D

gallery_54206_8_180897.jpg

Sorry my solid wood oak table is so messy. Hahaha..

gallery_54206_8_26964.jpg

gallery_54206_8_8271.jpg

And moving on to the last update for tonight.... *cue drum roll* :P

DINING AREA CEILING BEAMS HAVE BEEN PAINTED WHITE!! – ALRIGHTEY THEN!! :D Finished plastering & painting for my beloved ceiling beams!!! WOOHOO!! :wub: :wub: :wub: #CalvinTan was telling us the other day, that if we had chosen to proceed with the veneer wrap for the ceiling beams, it would've looked even nicer... But then he said it would cost another SGD2,000 more. ERM. I think forget it la. Hahahaha... And here are my pearly babies!!

gallery_54206_8_69546.jpg

That's all for tonight!! See ya'll again and enjoy your weekends fellas!!

Wheeeeeee... :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 2

Hi Leon, your white doors and wall are exactly what we want! But we are finding it difficult to match the whites? What brand of white paint did you use for the wall, door, and floor corner parquet trimming? Which whites did you use? Best if you can tell us product codes? Thank!!

MORE INTERESTING UPDATES TODAY!! :P

INTERNAL BEDROOM/ BATHROOM DOOR PAINTING – TA DA!!!:D All my internal bathroom & bedroom doors have been painted in immaculate matt white paint!! Looks super heavenly and LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A GOOD DECISION TO PAINT IT WHITE! :wub: The painter told me that they apparently painted 4 coats of paint from morning till night… Salute them for the hard work & the pride they put in.. :)

gallery_54206_8_64173.jpg

Doors look so super nice in putih! (‘white’ in Bahasa Melayu) Now I need to start to seriously contemplate self-painting my MAIN DOOR in putih too.. Hmmm… Oh yes, you can see the lighting effect of the track lights installed at the room passageway.. :)

gallery_54206_9_23243.jpg

Master bathroom toilet door (not shown in earlier picture) also painted white.. I think it offers a good contrast against the stony-greyish-finish of my Master Bathroom wall tiles… :) You will probably notice that the right-hand-side of the photo is the round beauty mirror that CFO & I bought.. Also from #*** Gallery.. Hehe..

I Love white doors too!!! Kind of having minor regret my bedrooms door brown!!

For your bathroom, could I ask why you didn't opt for bi-fold? My 3rd bathroom is somewhat like yours so I wanted a door but ID said not practical and strongly suggested bi-fold to avoid being cramped. So the door thingy is still in a limbo

For your bathroom, could I ask why you didn't opt for bi-fold? My 3rd bathroom is somewhat like yours so I wanted a door but ID said not practical and strongly suggested bi-fold to avoid being cramped. So the door thingy is still in a limbo

Er...looking at the door photo for the bathroom...I think I agree with your ID that bi-fold will be less cramped.

Based on photo, whoever is in the bathroom better lock door, even if just washing hands. In case someone doesn't know the bathroom is occupied and swings door open with too much force on the outside. The person standing at the vanity likely to get hit by the door.

LeonJenna's is in master room, so probably less problem for them since most likely they are the only ones using the master bathroom and they would know if the other person is in the bathroom?