Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Love the way your home decor.. I could like to check with you on how do you hang the clock on the home shelter. my clock keeps falling out… help help… thanks

Thanks so much yuna82! :) we have not hang up our clock yet but we actually planned to use the 3M sticky tape hook (the type that you can apparently remove cleanly just by pulling the tape)... Hehe.. But I heard from my dad that for these, you gotta put it up and wait for a couple of hours before hanging any kind of load on it.. Try it out! Heh Heh :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Leonjennawong!

Love how your house turns out! I engaged Poshhome too but not the famous calvin tan (but unfortunately, keys nowhere in sight yet. boo).

Anyway, mind sharing the brand of the rainshower you got and the price, roughly? (Apologize if its been shared earlier on ><)

Thanks!

Hi leon ,

could you email me the quo and the breakdown as well as Calvin Tan contact miss_izzah@hotmail.com please? Many Thanks!

Edited by aschick

• Like 1

MORE UPDATES TODAY! (this comes after an extensive chemical cleaning by #CalvinTan & #Edgar, now my tiles and glass surfaces are so squeaky clean!! Hehehe *squeak squeak*)

WASHING MACHINE & REFRIGERATOR ARE UP!

My LG stainless-steel-finished 416L fridge has been connected! The silly fridge is so big and bulky, not the cleverest thing to let the delivery man leave it in the middle of my living area & then for us mere mortals to heave around.. #Edgar and I experienced that first-hand. Hahaha.. Other than that peculiar heaving incident, both the fridge & the washing machine seem to be functioning just fine (fingers crossed very extremely tightly and am touching a lot of wood for this one; benefits of having a scandinavian theme is that you have a lot of wood about the place HAHA :P) for the time being, so nothing much to proclaim about :P

gallery_54206_7_61765.jpg

gallery_54206_7_61028.jpg

RINNAI INNER FLAME TEMPERED GLASS COOKING HOB INSTALLED!!

Point to note for new home owners (experienced home owners don't laugh. Hahahaha):

CityGas will disconnect your house's gas piping from the main building gas inlet pipe (you will find your gas meter missing ;)) before you start your renovation, citing safety concerns from gas leaks and incompatible hot works.. :) So... Remember to call up CityGas to reconnect your home (and reinstall the gas meter) to the main building gas inlet pipe! :D

Will need to call them to make an appointment, during which, they will also do the gas hose connection to your cooking hob.. :)(along with the fluid-balance pipe leak check & the soapy snoopy check) Always been intrigued as to why do they call it a SNOOPY check. Hmm. :dunno:

Anyway here is the picture of my tempered glass cooking hob!

gallery_54206_7_165162.jpg

60" SAMSUNG LED TV & SOUNDBAR NOW PUT UP!! (subscribed to Singtel 500Mb Entertainment Bundle)

The LATEST DEFINING MOMENT in our house renovation is the setting up of the TV and Internet access! :good: After the Singtel technician had come and gone, CFO & I both immediately hooked up our phones to the WiFi and I started scrolling through the Singtel Mio TV channels available.. Hehehe I know it's a bit 'suaku' but for us first-time home owners, it's really a heartening moment when you are doing all these things & it hits you that your house is becoming more and more like a home. :wub:

gallery_54206_8_63165.jpg

ELMARK AERONAMIC CEILING FAN ROD SPRAY PAINTED WHITE!!

gallery_54206_8_87444.jpg

#Edgar has very graciously helped to spray paint the 'previously-galvanised-finish' shorter ceiling fan rod into a glorious white colour!!!(can you see the rod in the picture? ;)) Hehehe.. Small little things like this make me so happy. :):):) Woohoo! I think anyone who manages to get #Edgar for their project is seriously lucky too. CFO & I were talking about it the night before and we both agree that he is a very responsible & good guy who follows up on every single thing that CFO & I point out!! :good::good::good:

THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY!!

This weekend has been burned by ACTA course again.. (Both Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 6pm! Can you believe it! :() Gonna meet CFO and shop around for the #Bona floor spray mop etc etc.

Anyway I hope you guys are having a much more relaxed weekend than I am... Hahaha... Ciao! :P

Edited by leonjennawong

MORE AND MORE UPDATES! CFO & I bought so many things these few days... So I suppose today will be more of a product-sharing-session if you will... ;)

If you smell smoke in the air, don't be mistaken. It's not from the haze.

THE SMELL IS FROM THE HOLE IN MY POCKET THAT'S STILL BURNING TO THIS DAY. HAHA.

:D(You don't know how long I waited to crack that joke in here. ;))

REVIEW ON #BONA SPRAY MOP (WITH #BONA LAMINATE & TILE CLEANER SOLUTION)

gallery_54206_10_81644.jpg

CFO & I bought the #Bona Spray Mop from the Bugis Junction BHG at the time of the last post & it's time for us to give back to the Renotalk community with a review on it's usefulness! :) The #Bona Spray Mop comes at a whopping $71.70 :jawdrop: (price dated 21st Sep 2014) but so far we have been pretty pleased with the purchase. :good:

As usual, my buddy #MrDFMuscle was the one who recommended this product to me & I think it will come as no surprise to some of you Renotalkers here when I tell you that I had a hard time trying to psycho CFO to allow me to buy the #Bona Spray Mop.. Wahahahaha..

PROS OF #Bona Spray Mop

- Ergonomic handle & spray-squeeze-lever fits into our hands nicely & makes handling easy!

- The mop feels very solid & doesn't creak; doesn't have plasticky-feel & can handle rough treatment

- Benefits of having a spray-on mechanism means that we don't have to lug a bucket of water around

- Spray-on mechanism also ensures that no water puddles are created from mopping or from spillage of the mop water bucket (main bane of laminate/vinyl floorings & the trump card I used to convince CFO of this purchase :P)

- The #Bona microfibre pad at the base makes the push-pull action very very smooth... :)

- The #Bona microfibre pad can be easily detached & washed separately (even in the washing machine!)

CONS OF #Bona Spray Mop

- Expensive lor. (still need to say meh. haha... :notti:)

- You are basically moving the 0.85L cleaning solution around with the spray mop, so it is a tad bit heavier than conventional mops (although from my personal experience, this is negligible & the smoothness of the microfibre cloth more than compensates for the amount of force required to push & pull)

- We used the #BONA LAMINATE & TILE CLEANER solution (be careful not to buy the wrong cleaner type for your flooring, there's another hardwood floor cleaner from #Bona) and it gets a tad bit sticky when you immediately walk on the surface after you've just mopped it. But it's no biggie because it dries right up after a couple of seconds :)

TAOBAO WHITE BLOCK CLOCK & PASTEL-BLUE-AND-BIRCH CLOCK

gallery_54206_8_124543.jpg

Nothing doing. Just sharing because I think they look gorgeous! :wub: And as I predict more queries of links for these 2 products.. I have shared the following below... :)

Link of White Block Clock & other TaoBao purchases found on Post#297

Link of Pastel-Blue-And-Birch Clock & other TaoBao purchases found on Post#368

#EUBIQ ADAPTERS BOUGHT!

CFO & I bought our #Eubiq adapters at a recent sales event by #Eubiq themselves!! There are quite a few variants of adapters.. There are various colours (black, metallic silver, white) & comes in 2 materials (metal or plastic). We actually bought from their retail store at Suntec (nearests MRT station is Promenade Station).. We bought 8x white-coloured plastic #Eubiq adapters but only took 2x British-Standard adapters back home because we are waiting for the stock of the white-coloured international-plug-compatible version to be released!! :D Here are our pictures pictures pictures!!!

gallery_54206_7_158619.jpg

#Eubiq track in the kitchen! Blue LED light comes on when it is clicked in place & energised. :)

gallery_54206_7_118513.jpg

CFO also very cleverly bought these 4x #Eubiq track accessory acrylic hooks for use in the kitchen so that we can hang our cups etc. Each packet of hooks comes in a set of 4.

gallery_54206_8_12555.jpg

White-coloured #Eubiq adapters on our beautiful living area sideboard.. :wub:

To Be Continued...

Edited by leonjennawong

Continued...

REVIEW OF FREE LG MICROWAVE

Sharing this here because I'm sure quite a few people have bought LG products recently from roadshows etc. and been promised a free LG microwave. (And to make things complicated, the retailer will refuse to tell you the make/model of the microwave because they are worried that by the time you collect it, they won't have enough stock & have to give you another model instead... If you don't tell me the make/model how I am supposed to know the dimensions & build my carpentry lei? Funny people...) In case you had experienced the same problem as me, wonder no more because I am sharing the dimensions/ appearance/ experience of the microwave right here for all to see & to manage your expectations.. :) But having said all these, CFO & I will still continue using it because it's manageable... :D

gallery_54206_7_91839.jpg

- The microwave external dimension is Depth 12" X Width 18" X Height 10"

- Internal microwave space is quite small with the working dimensions @ Depth of Base 9" X Width of Base 10.5" X Height 6.5", so don't get your hopes up k? ;)

- There is a internal orange light inside the microwave when it is running, but you can hardly see your food cooking because of the mirror-finish on the external face of the microwave.. This is even with the kitchen lights turned off, at night... Oh well...

- The mirror finish is so good that you can literally use it as a mirror (e.g. For the trimming of eyebrows/ nose hair.. Popping of pimples.. Squeezing of blackheads.. And a whole lot of other disgusting stuff you wouldn't normally do in a kitchen. But now that you have a mirror in there, you can. Hahaha..)

IMPORTANT: By the way, dear readers. Do take note of the clearance needed (clearance at the top is about 1.5" & the width clearance is about 1" on each side) for the #BLUM vertical hinge mechanism when you give dimensions to your contractor/ ID for this particular kitchen carpentry piece. CFO & I didn't experience any problems because the space is just nice, but had a mini scare when trying to fit the microwave into the space.

GORGEOUS CONDIMENT HOLDER FROM BUGIS JUNCTION BHG

gallery_54206_7_127613.jpg

Got this gorgeous scandinavian-colour-theme condiment holder from Bugis Junction BHG at $23.90!! :wub: (price as of 21st Sep 2014) Now we need nice looking condiment bottles too... Hmm... ;)

INGENIOUS BOMB SHELTER DOOR STOPPER INSTALLATION BY #POSH HOME

CFO & I had a heart-drop moment when we realised that our bomb shelter door (when opened carelessly) will wack onto our living area veneer-wrappped vertical beam shelving!! :( See picture below.

gallery_54206_8_91388.jpg

If I swing the door any further to the right, I will wack my beloved vertical beam shelf... :~

Sigh. We had given up hope & thought it was one of those things that we have to eventually learn to live with & promised each other to be careful when opening the bomb shelter door... :( Of course we then just casually told #Edgar about this & he actually went to source for something for us... But we didn't have high hopes honestly. But then #Edgar did a miracle and found exactly what we-didn't-know-we-wanted...

He installed this ingeniously shaped door stopper for us!!! It bends at an angle & affixed to the plate at the end is a white rubber stopper!! SUCH A RELIEF! :D :D :D I love this guy. Even the colour of the rubber stopper is white & not the usual black that you can outside for conventional rubber door stoppers!!! :good:Check it out!

gallery_54206_8_58912.jpg

Look at the top-left-hand-corner of the photo for the ingenious bomb shelter door stopper

gallery_54206_8_142337.jpg

Close up of how the door stopper is mounted onto the TOP of the bomb shelter door frame (for better photo comprehension: FYI I opened the door & I'm standing at the bomb shelter doorway, facing upwards with my camera)

Lastly, to @ajrenojourney...

I am LOL-ing at your "THE SMELL IS FROM THE HOLE IN MY POCKET THAT'S STILL BURNING TO THIS DAY. HAHA."

Thank you @ajrenojourney! Wahahaha... Your comment made me LOL too hahahaha!!

And.... That's all so far! I gotta rush off to my ACTA Course Tutorial today liao...

Take care and have a productive work day peeps!!

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

Regarding the door stopper for your bomb shelter door, have you tested whether it is able to take the full force of the door swinging open? I have the same type of stopper for 1 of my washroom doors and it doesn't feel like it can withstand the full force of a moving heavy BS door. On a sidenote, I'm not sure if drilling on the frame of the BS door is allowed. Nothing more than curiosity for the last question.

Regarding the door stopper for your bomb shelter door, have you tested whether it is able to take the full force of the door swinging open? I have the same type of stopper for 1 of my washroom doors and it doesn't feel like it can withstand the full force of a moving heavy BS door. On a sidenote, I'm not sure if drilling on the frame of the BS door is allowed. Nothing more than curiosity for the last question.

Ello looneygas! Yes, CFO & I have indeed tested it out a couple of times, "ON PURPOSE" of course.. Wahahaha.. Looks are deceiving, the door stopper looks so puny and weak, yet it is able to take the entire loading of the massive bomb shelter door swung hard towards it! :thumbs up: The door stopper does bend a little before springing back to its original shape... :)

hi leonjenna,

What Oven are you using? Is it the Rinnai one? How is it?

Alphaev7! Yes I am using the Rinnai oven indeed! The interior is spacious enough for CFO's cooking & erm.. The door mechanism is solid. I can't give you anymore reviews right now because, honestly, when you asked this question 5 days ago, we have not even used the Rinnai Oven yet hahahaha... =x

I told CFO about your request & she said she will whip up something to try the oven out! After which I will let you know how we really feel about the oven!!!:DActually, I will only take CFO's oven review & convey it to you... As for my 'review', I can only give feedback on the food prepared by CFO, so my review will be heavily biased & politically correct for fear of getting killed by CFO. :help: Wahahaha... "If the food is not nice, I will tell you that the oven is not good... Geddit geddt?" :lol:JUST KIDDING LA. My CFO's cooking is ALWAYS great. :wub:

Don't worry about us trying out the oven just to give you a personalised review... Because I get to benefit from this experiment in a yummy-sort-of-way. ;) Cheers!

Dear Leon,

please email me your quote at mdmlee2005@gmail.com.

Thank you for sharing this journey with us. :)

Good morning mdmjunelee2006!! ;) I have just sent it to you & honestly, it's my great pleasure to share my renovation journey with all... :)

Edited by leonjennawong

HMM... I SEEM TO NOTICE THAT... Our beloved RenoTalk forum seems to become more alive during weekdays hor? More activity in the T-Blogs and private messages flying around like nobody's business... :D You all ah... Don't let your bosses catch you ah.... :P :p :P

REVIEW ON #RINNAI INNER FLAME COOKING HOB

My good buddy #MrDFMuscle asked me on my review of the #Rinnai inner flame technology the other day and I thought "There are probably others in Renotalk asking the same question too!", so here's my personal experience with the inner flame technology.. :D

Before I start on my post on the #Rinnai inner flame proper with pictures, I would like to start off with a quote from a beloved Mavel Super Hero character which is: FLAME ON!!

gallery_54206_7_368373.jpg

Big flame mode: Went as reasonably close as my gut-less self would possibly allow, and without having my plastic phone melt in my hands :P Can see the characteristic flame pattern that arches inwards, forming a flame 'peak' that's different from conventional stoves..

gallery_54206_7_174165.jpg

Small flame mode :)

Well for starter's this is a beautiful product but it does take some getting used to... I say that because this inner flame is relatively hotter than the conventional stove & you will need to stir/ move your food around the pan more frequently if you don't want to chow on carbon... :rolleyes: Water comes to a boil really really quickly!! However, after a couple of tries, CFO is getting used to this stove & all's well! :good:

Do take note that for the #Rinnai inner flame technology, the flame is seated lower-and-within the cooking hob itself, protecting the flame from being accidentally extinguished (from wind etc.); HOWEVER, it makes it horribly difficult to actually physically see if the flame is on/ extinguished (which would send my fire safety sense tingling; gas build-up), especially if you are using the small flame & have a pot sitting over the stove.. :dunno:

PHOTO OF #BLUM LADDER UNIT WITH TANDEM DRAWER PULLED OUT

TADA! :yamseng: People have been asking me for photos of the #Blum ladder unit with the tandem drawer pulled-out and so here it is! Each #BLUM intivio I6 tandem drawer can hold a max of 65kg each!! :jammin:

gallery_54206_7_72928.jpg

TAOBAO #17) #HANSGROHE RAIN SHOWER

gallery_54206_9_75231.jpg

Thanks to @pinnpinn, I have only just realised that I haven't shared the link and review of my proudest TaoBao purchase - Our beloved #HansGrohe Rain Shower for our Master Bathroom. :rolleyes: Have already mentioned before that the water pressure works like a charm in my previous post; The rain shower is also quite heavy with a perfect chrome finish.. And my biggest fear has been quelled when I did a visual check to ascertain that the insides are not rusty. :good: The #HansGrohe label & markings are also very neatly embossed onto the product, and as I was telling @pinnpinn, I'm quite sure this is the real deal!! Just that it's shipped from China and sold at their retail price instead!

Link: http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=38612287821&sid=171063ff6068a9063a7b57be3941acff&abtest=6&rn=f5831e5e1185a4ddfc1c638dd8507b6b

Take note that this is not the exact link that I bought from (the TaoBao seller that I got from doesn't sell it anymore), instead I went to search for a seller selling the same rain shower model as mine! Also made sure that the seller is rated 4 diamonds, which is not bad at all!! With that, enjoy the hyperlink folks!!

HEHE. :D