Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Woah bro, you are most right....like many other fellow Renotalk members...I only surf this forum on weekdays when in office.

This is to boost my productivity hahaha.

I also like your Heading, " Flame On"....Human Touch wor!! (I am a Marvel Fan here)

It has been a joy reading through your blog and your blog is very interesting and easy to read.

Also you also know what your readers want...Tabao Links and detailed information. :D

Keep up with your wonderful renovation journal!! (sincere fan)

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey I saw the mop at takashimaya . Selling at $50. Did urs come with a free cleaning solution? So does it mean when u buy this mop, u will need to use their cleaning solution

Woah bro, you are most right....like many other fellow Renotalk members...I only surf this forum on weekdays when in office.

This is to boost my productivity hahaha.

I also like your Heading, " Flame On"....Human Touch wor!! (I am a Marvel Fan here)

It has been a joy reading through your blog and your blog is very interesting and easy to read.

Also you also know what your readers want...Tabao Links and detailed information. :D

Keep up with your wonderful renovation journal!! (sincere fan)

Aww man!! :) Ken82! you are such a nice guy, thanks so much for leaving me such a sweet comment!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey I saw the mop at takashimaya . Selling at $50. Did urs come with a free cleaning solution? So does it mean when u buy this mop, u will need to use their cleaning solution

Hello bianzi! Nice to see you around again! Take note that #Bona does have a normal mop with microfibre pad WITHOUT the spray function, which might be the $50 model you saw at Takashimaya.. *shrug* :dunno: Do confirm if you did indeed happen to see the #Bona SPRAY Mop going at $50 instead of my $71.70!!

Cause I think quite a few people (including my buddy #MrDFMuscle) are aiming for that spray mop for their vinyl/ laminate/ hard wood flooring.. :) Just that once you confirm that, I will need to go and hide in a corner of my house to cry... *sob* :~But of course happy for everyone else who benefit from bianzi's discovery!! :good:

Anyway yes the box comes with a free cleaning solution contained within the longish-shaped bottle (meant to fit nicely onto the #Bona Spray Mop). This longish-container can be topped up with either the #Bona cleaner solution or other brands as well! :)

I think I saw the one with the cleaning solution built in on the mop. There are 2 versions .. 1 for tiles and one for wooden floor if I am not wrong... I confirm again this weekend cos I am heading down for the taka sale to get my ironing board!!

CURTAINS ARE UP!! HEHE.

CFO did some research and we finally settled on #JimmyTextiles on recommendation of her 2nd-sister!! We consulted the amazing #CalvinTan on the best curtain colour-combination for our house and he told us that the house curtains should be LIGHT-GREY and guess what? WHITE of course! :D

First and foremost, some useful quick reference information for you all below!

Useful Information for Renotalkers on #JimmyTextiles:

Address: 845 Geylang Rd, Tanjong Katong Complex, #01-03/04

Telephone: 6745 6423

Opening hours: 11:00am to 9:30pm every day (though I think their last appt is at 9pm)

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JimmyTextiles?fref=ts

And now, moving onto the thought-processes of our curtain purchase...

#1) CURTAIN COLOUR CHOICE

One word of advice dearest Renotalkers; Choose your fabric colours under the lighting temperature (warm light, cool white light, daylight whtie etc) that is most similar to your house's lighting temperature... Because it makes a lot a lot a lot of difference visually! As for me, I actually whipped out my handphone and turned on the LED flashlight app (should be about daylight white) and shone the light onto the fabric while choosing... :P Wahahaha.. I think the person that attended to me also first time see such a weird customer.. :D

Anyway! The-Mr-Fabulous-#CalvinTan-from-#PoshHome actually advised us to go for the following match-up!! :)

• LIVING/ DINING AREA: Dreamy-white day-curtains for our living/ dining area;
  • ALL 3 BEDROOMS: Light-grey night-curtains with the same dreamy-white day-curtains (for colour theme consistency)

#2) CURTAIN FABRIC CHOICE

I really really cannot advice much on this, just keep your mind open and remember to compromise with your partner when choosing the fabric choice.. Smoothness, thickness, glossy, non-glossy, trap-dust-type, don't-trap-so-much-dust-type.... SO MANY TYPES!! :jawdrop: There are really a lot of selections to choose from.. HEHE. :)(sorry I really don't know how to help you here HAHA)

Just remember that renovation is meant to be a fun and enjoyable process.. :) HAVE FUN! :notti:

#3) CURTAIN WOODEN ROD/ METAL TRACK & CURTAIN ATTACHMENT CHOICE

One thing I've found out is that the wooden rods are actually more expensive than the metal tracks! :idea:

Also another thing about the curtain attachment is that:

If you go for the WOODEN ROD;

- You have slightly more curtain attachment choices (fold over velcro, ring-type etc.) whereas..

If you go for the METAL TRACK;

- The only curtain attachment you can use are hooks (although now it's the trend to use plastic hooks instead of the old-fashioned metal hooks)

Hmmmm.. I think I've said enough and it's really much easier to talk while referring to a photo so... HERE GOES!! :notti:

LIVING/ DINING AREA CURTAINS! (DAY CURTAINS ONLY)

For the Living/ Dining Area, CFO & I went for the white wooden rod because I so dearly wanted to complete my beloved clean scandinavian feel.. :wub: The #CalvinTan-advised dreamy white day curtains also just adds so nicely to the clean-white-minimalistic effect... Hehehe... :wub:

PICTURE OF WOODEN BRACKET FOR WOODEN ROD @ LIVING/ DINING AREA

gallery_54206_8_65597.jpg

You will notice that the wooden bracket protrudes out and eats into my living area space.. That is not counting the fact that they are mounted on an already-protruding horizontal beam, located above the windows... AND, take note that this is only a 1-layer curtain (day curtain only)... This factor will affect my decision later on for the bedroom curtains... :dunno: Do read on for that below..

gallery_54206_8_268126.jpg

Same picture, just taken from a different angle to show the number of wooden brackets in place.. :)

gallery_54206_8_9858.jpg

Final outcome of the Living/ Dining Area white-day-curtain installation! :good: LOVE the outcome!! :wub:

BEDROOMS' CURTAINS! (DAY & NIGHT CURTAINS)

Like I mentioned earlier, all our bedrooms will have a set combination of Day (white) & Night (light grey) curtains. We had actually ALSO wanted to go for the white wooden pole for all our bedroom curtains, however... LUCKILY a #JimmyTextiles China worker advised us against it when he first came down to do site measurements.. He works in a 2-man team with his colleague and are super nice to us.. If you see the photo below, you will be able to see that the metal track (that we ultimately went for, for all bedrooms) are mounted on the underside of the above-mentioned horizontal beam at the windows.

gallery_54206_8_221005.jpg

PROBLEM AVERTED: Imagine f we had gone for the wooden pole (which by design-wise, protrudes a lot more into the space of the room) for the bedrooms, and remember that we need day AND night curtains for our bedrooms? The curtains would have extended up to 7 to 10" into the space of the room... Making an otherwise already-small room, MORE PUNY THAN EVER!!! Wahahaha... So we are thankful to have met the 2 blokes & promptly treated them to ice-cold Pokka green tea... :good: Hehehe..

gallery_54206_8_25598.jpg

Final outcome of the Bedroom light-grey-night-curtain & white-day-curtain installation!! Good effect and good fabric!!

Oh yeah, the final damage was SGD1,400 for all my entire house, inclusive of everything (installation, GST etc.)!!

Eh actually I'm having a really bad bout of allergic rhinithis (AKA sneezing non-stop due to dust & other allergens) right now, so apologies for the brief post but I think I better go and rest some right now...

See you guys again and thanks for all the sweet comments!! :wub:

Edited by leonjennawong

Hello! Thanks for doing a review on the Bona spray mop.. I am so intrigued by it and will purchase it for my new home too! Recently I keep wishing that theres a mop that doesn't require me to lug the pail around and this is like a god sent! I will probably get in from takashimaya this weekend during their additional 10% off sale.

• Like 1

Hello! Thanks for doing a review on the Bona spray mop.. I am so intrigued by it and will purchase it for my new home too! Recently I keep wishing that theres a mop that doesn't require me to lug the pail around and this is like a god sent! I will probably get in from takashimaya this weekend during their additional 10% off sale.

Good morning RLB, no problem at all! Glad I helped!

Nice I chose grey as well. But mine is medium Grey and I had Matt. Is yours glossy

Hi bianzi hehehe ours same theme ma... :P My fabric is not glossy.. :)

• Like 1

Hi,

May I check how long does your wooden alarm clock last? I put 6AAA batteries and less than 1 week is flat... zzz

MORE AND MORE UPDATES! CFO & I bought so many things these few days... So I suppose today will be more of a product-sharing-session if you will... ;)

If you smell smoke in the air, don't be mistaken. It's not from the haze.

THE SMELL IS FROM THE HOLE IN MY POCKET THAT'S STILL BURNING TO THIS DAY. HAHA.

:D(You don't know how long I waited to crack that joke in here. ;))

REVIEW ON #BONA SPRAY MOP (WITH #BONA LAMINATE & TILE CLEANER SOLUTION)

gallery_54206_10_81644.jpg

CFO & I bought the #Bona Spray Mop from the Bugis Junction BHG at the time of the last post & it's time for us to give back to the Renotalk community with a review on it's usefulness! :) The #Bona Spray Mop comes at a whopping $71.70 :jawdrop: (price dated 21st Sep 2014) but so far we have been pretty pleased with the purchase. :good:

As usual, my buddy #MrDFMuscle was the one who recommended this product to me & I think it will come as no surprise to some of you Renotalkers here when I tell you that I had a hard time trying to psycho CFO to allow me to buy the #Bona Spray Mop.. Wahahahaha..

PROS OF #Bona Spray Mop

- Ergonomic handle & spray-squeeze-lever fits into our hands nicely & makes handling easy!

- The mop feels very solid & doesn't creak; doesn't have plasticky-feel & can handle rough treatment

- Benefits of having a spray-on mechanism means that we don't have to lug a bucket of water around

- Spray-on mechanism also ensures that no water puddles are created from mopping or from spillage of the mop water bucket (main bane of laminate/vinyl floorings & the trump card I used to convince CFO of this purchase :P)

- The #Bona microfibre pad at the base makes the push-pull action very very smooth... :)

- The #Bona microfibre pad can be easily detached & washed separately (even in the washing machine!)

CONS OF #Bona Spray Mop

- Expensive lor. (still need to say meh. haha... :notti:)

- You are basically moving the 0.85L cleaning solution around with the spray mop, so it is a tad bit heavier than conventional mops (although from my personal experience, this is negligible & the smoothness of the microfibre cloth more than compensates for the amount of force required to push & pull)

- We used the #BONA LAMINATE & TILE CLEANER solution (be careful not to buy the wrong cleaner type for your flooring, there's another hardwood floor cleaner from #Bona) and it gets a tad bit sticky when you immediately walk on the surface after you've just mopped it. But it's no biggie because it dries right up after a couple of seconds :)

TAOBAO WHITE BLOCK CLOCK & PASTEL-BLUE-AND-BIRCH CLOCK

gallery_54206_8_124543.jpg

Nothing doing. Just sharing because I think they look gorgeous! :wub: And as I predict more queries of links for these 2 products.. I have shared the following below... :)

Link of White Block Clock & other TaoBao purchases found on Post#297

Link of Pastel-Blue-And-Birch Clock & other TaoBao purchases found on Post#368

#EUBIQ ADAPTERS BOUGHT!

CFO & I bought our #Eubiq adapters at a recent sales event by #Eubiq themselves!! There are quite a few variants of adapters.. There are various colours (black, metallic silver, white) & comes in 2 materials (metal or plastic). We actually bought from their retail store at Suntec (nearests MRT station is Promenade Station).. We bought 8x white-coloured plastic #Eubiq adapters but only took 2x British-Standard adapters back home because we are waiting for the stock of the white-coloured international-plug-compatible version to be released!! :D Here are our pictures pictures pictures!!!

gallery_54206_7_158619.jpg

#Eubiq track in the kitchen! Blue LED light comes on when it is clicked in place & energised. :)

gallery_54206_7_118513.jpg

CFO also very cleverly bought these 4x #Eubiq track accessory acrylic hooks for use in the kitchen so that we can hang our cups etc. Each packet of hooks comes in a set of 4.

gallery_54206_8_12555.jpg

White-coloured #Eubiq adapters on our beautiful living area sideboard.. :wub:

To Be Continued...

• Like 1

Just went taka today and the mop is really $50 bucks... With additional 10% off for members .. U can get mr muscleman to go and buy it...

I was there for ages spending $$$ away...argh ... Got poisoned by this...but Holding back my purchase for the mop system.... $288.... But looks very convenient and there is no need to squeeze dry the mop with your hands .... And the mop is huge!!! This means less effort to mop...... Hahah .. I have 2 more days to consider ...

7C8316EF-2E83-4DE8-AA58-582A67304B2D_zps

Hi,

May I check how long does your wooden alarm clock last? I put 6AAA batteries and less than 1 week is flat... zzz

Yeah we experienced the same! The block clock is really a (battery juice) sucker. Wahahaha... Anyway CFO had this amazing idea to place it above our bed-head & plug it into the wall socket at the side of our master wardrobe! :D See photo below! One thing to note though, the block clock is like super bright at night.. :P

gallery_54206_10_110468.jpg

Love yr doors! tot got to use those glossy paint for doors? R u using nippon matt paint which is meant for walls?

Thanks fantasy! :) My doors are not glossy at all lei.. Anyway come to think about it, glossy surfaces are not very suitable for my theme in my opinion... *shrug* Haha..

Just went taka today and the mop is really $50 bucks... With additional 10% off for members .. U can get mr muscleman to go and buy it...

I was there for ages spending $$$ away...argh ... Got poisoned by this...but Holding back my purchase for the mop system.... $288.... But looks very convenient and there is no need to squeeze dry the mop with your hands .... And the mop is huge!!! This means less effort to mop...... Hahah .. I have 2 more days to consider ...

Thanks for your recommendation bianzi! :) I went down to help #MrDFMuscle to buy the #Bona Spray Mop yesterday! REALLY ONLY $50 OMG. Bugis BHG cheated me of $21.70. @#$%^&* Wahahahaha... To all other Renotalkers, today (6th Oct 2014) is the last day to grab this offer at Takashimaya, so hurry now while stocks last.. ;)

BEFORE I BEGIN,

HERE'S WISHING ALL OUR RENOTALK MUSLIM BRUDDERS & SISTERS, A VERY BELATED SELAMAT HARI RAYA HAJI!!

And that includes you too #Mr&MrsDFMuscle... ;)

While CFO is cooking her brains out with her Biosafety Coordinator Course notes, I will sit beside her and offer her my moral support & quietly blog on our baby Solid Oak Dining Table.. ;)

RENOVATION TOUCHING UP!

Let's see, I am skimming through the WhatsApp group photos with #CalvinTan & #Edgar... There were some minor painting touch-ups, paint stain clean-ups, small little bit of silicon re-application around my sideboard & shoe cabinet... And that's all!! :D Hahahaha I didn't realise that categorising it would make it sound so trivial! But eh, I'm really not kidding... CFO & I combed through the house quite thoroughly and I'm actually very pleasantly surprised by the (lack-of) touching up to do! Maybe the pleasant surprise can be attributed to my initial expectation that there will be a lot of touching up to be done... *shrug* Heh heh.. :notti:

THE MUCH HERALDED HANDING-OVER.

The handing over of keys was a little bit un-ceremonious because #Edgar had to rush off to another site.. I had dreamt there would be fireworks and confetti, with tears flowing aplenty, followed by a 10 minute-long thank you speech from me to the entire #PoshHome team that helped out in our memorable Leon & Jenna Reno Experience as we all sipped expensive cocktails and... AHEM, News Flash; only #Edgar was there to pass us our house keys ok! Wahahaha... :D So much for this big hoo-ha on this 'handing-over' event... SHEESH!

BUT HEY, I got my house keys back eh? *wink wink* ;)

MORE PHOTOS ON DINING AREA!!

My dearest CFO & I finally pieced together our white-and-wheat-coloured Wish Bone chairs together with our baby Solid Oak Dining Table!! Yummy yummy colour combination!! :wub:

Oh, do take note that I have painstakingly tuned the photo colour to be more representative of the actual colour tones albeit using a smaller photo format.. :P

gallery_54206_8_66098.jpg

MORE PHOTOS ON LIVING AREA!!

Our fabric sofa, coffee table(s), TV console & planter dish finally have a fixed place in the house!! (it goes without saying that I was super-ngiao about the way they were arranged hehehe) Here they are!! :wub: At the same time do help me to decide which curtain-orientation is more suitable lei.. because CFO & I can't make up our minds... :unsure:

gallery_54206_8_303176.jpg

Front profile: Notice that we also bought a white cordless telephone for our home phone line.. :)

gallery_54206_8_571086.jpg

Angled profile: With the curtains pulled apart & bound by the cloth strips to allow more natural light in...

gallery_54206_8_494400.jpg

Angled profile again: This time curtains are let down and allowed to be drifting freely... I'm a bit more inclined to this look actually... :rolleyes: What do the rest of you think? Which one looks nicer?? :)

PASTEL BLUE BIRCH WALL CLOCK IS FINALLY UP!

gallery_54206_8_235452.jpg

@yuna82, as mentioned before we actually used the 3M (3.6kg loading type) metal plate & hook variant to put up our wall clock! :) We followed the instructions found behind the packaging which said to let the 3M hook adhere to the wall surface for 1 hour FREE FROM ANY LOAD first.. It has been quite a long time and nothing has fallen off! Haha.. :good: Hmm upon seeing this photo, mental note to stop adding more pastel colours to the living/ dining area colour palette... Lest it looks too wacko. Wahahaha...

EH, MY CFO SLEEP LIAO! BO JIO! :D

Wahahaha... Aiya I better go and sleep now too... And here's hoping everyone had a refreshing long weekend & are ready to do battle at work tomorrow!!!RAWR!!

Peace out.. zz

Edited by leonjennawong

• Like 1

The dining area looks really good...me like....The living looks bare at present, but I'm sure u will theme it up once u r more settled :)

Meanwhile, I be awaiting for the pictures of ur bedroom...I think hdb mbr is too small to create that airy bright scandi feel...I really hope to see how ur ID can work miracles on this shortcoming...

Edited by PTopaz