Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your place is looking real good... Ended up, i also got my blinds from Jimmy Textiles too.. Hopefully they can rush out in time next week for me, how long did your curtain took to install after you order?

Hi LJW!

I read somewhere you don't like warm or cool lights? You blast the house with all white light the head is gonna get dizzy at night...you can try a floor lamp or some other form or warm lighting as well. For me i cant really sit at the sofa and feeling cosy and romantic with white lights as it kinda keeps my mind in alert state.

Hope all in well and the variation order kept at minimum!

B.

Hi LJW!

I read somewhere you don't like warm or cool lights? You blast the house with all white light the head is gonna get dizzy at night...you can try a floor lamp or some other form or warm lighting as well. For me i cant really sit at the sofa and feeling cosy and romantic with white lights as it kinda keeps my mind in alert state.

Hope all in well and the variation order kept at minimum!

B.

Hi B! :P Yeah for our scandinavian theme we followed closely to the bright-bright-look using white lights... :P Hehehe.. But ok lei so far CFO & I not dizzy at night wahahaha :D But we don't turn on all the living area lights at the same time definitely! Usually we will just turn on 1 or 2 rows.. :) All is well indeed and my variation order is coming!!! *fingers crossed* :)

Your place is looking real good... Ended up, i also got my blinds from Jimmy Textiles too.. Hopefully they can rush out in time next week for me, how long did your curtain took to install after you order?

Thanks binzz for your kind commentssss! :wub: Hahaha.. I hope I managed to help in some way with the blog post on #JimmyTextiles.. :good: Ok, after I ordered at their shop & paid deposit, still have to settle on a date for them to come down to do site measurement, after which they gotta go back to do the fabric sewing etc, before settling on a final date for curtain/blind installation!! :) Hmmmm from the date of the site measurement to the date of installation was about 2 weeks.. But that's also because I wasn't in a hurry and didn't chase them.. Could be faster if you have a more flexible schedule!! Hope all is well on your end binzz! :D

Can I ask what brand of fans are you using for you house?

Seems nice and the design is good too. :D

Hi Mr Marvel fan AKA Ken82! Now I will forever remember that about you. Wahahaha... :D My living area uses the Elmark Aeronamic 56" fan, whereas all my bedrooms are using the 44" KDK baby fan.. All bought from Tampoi Lighting House in Johor Bahru.. :) See Post#292!

may i know the reason for putting up exhaust fans in both your bathroom?

how much does the exhaust fan cost and the installation charges?

Wahahahaha zen_zen... My reason for putting exhaust fans in both bathrooms is just so that... "No one else's business will become my business when I have to smell it"...

Ok in case I tried too hard to come up with a smart quote & left everyone scratching their heads... Basically to remove all unwanted smells after all bathroom-related activities.. ;) I bought my exhaust fans from Choo Chiang Marketing Pte Ltd (located in some godsaken-ulu-place in woodlands if I remember correctly) and they cost SGD61 each. We collected on the spot at their warehouse so I'm not sure if they have any transportation service/ fees... *shrug* :dunno: After which, we got #PoshHome to supply & install an acrylic panel at an additional cost of SGD290 each.. And not forgetting the new electrical point tapping onto our main bathroom light switch & labour to install the exhaust fans themselves at SGD60 each.. :PDid I hear someone say hole in the pocket? ;)

The dining area looks really good...me like....The living looks bare at present, but I'm sure u will theme it up once u r more settled :)

Meanwhile, I be awaiting for the pictures of ur bedroom...I think hdb mbr is too small to create that airy bright scandi feel...I really hope to see how ur ID can work miracles on this shortcoming...

Taken note PTopaz! Haven't blogged much about my Master Bedroom because it's really nothing much.. :P Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Interesting read below.. Not sure how many Renotalkers here have actually read this... ;)

I'm not sure how many Renotalkers here have actually read this #allsingaporestuff article that has been doing rounds on Facebook, allegedly about a renovation conman named Loy Chuang Yee, director of renovation company Decor Creative Construction Pte Ltd... And I say 'allegedly' although the person who shared his experience on #allsingaporestuff seems to be genuine.. He even has a police report to show for it! :jawdrop: Apparently this renovation conman cheated 2 families of a staggering SGD50,000... Really shocking and sad..

Anyway I'm sharing it here for all to read and to help spread awareness in our Renotalk community of such despicable scum... And hope by doing so that many new Renotalkers can avoid unnecessary heartache during what should be a happy renovation journey for them!! :) For more information you can access the actual news site by clicking here.

@ALPHAEV7 RINNAI OVEN CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Just a while back on 24th Sep, 4.41PM, fellow Renotalker @alphaev7 issued an innocent challenge to me that I brought up to my dearest CFO... And that's where it all started... Actually the poor fella only posted 'hi leonjenna, What Oven are you using? Is it the Rinnai one? How is it?". Wahahahaha... :D

Ok you know what, I think for once I will really let the pictures speak for themselves... ;)

RINNAI OVEN IN ACTION!

gallery_54206_7_92931.jpg

gallery_54206_7_222383.jpg

BEFORE (like those slimming commercials hahahaha)

gallery_54206_7_51909.jpg

and AFTER!

I BRING TO YOU...

RINNAI-OVEN-BAKED GARLIC MILK WHOLE CHICKEN WITH CARROTS, POTATOES & MUSHROOMS TOPPED OFF WITH SAGE

gallery_54206_7_401217.jpg

As I mentioned before, if the taste of the food is in any way an indicator of how good the oven is, I have to say this is one SUPER DELICIOUS OVEN!!! :dribble: Even the chicken breast meat was moist and wahhhhh.. I really wish I can eat it again soon. *SLURP* ;)

CLOSE UP OF #GRAFUNKT CIRCUS DISH USED AS PLANTERS

Following some emails asking of close-ups of my #Grafunkt circus dish in my living area, here it is!! Hopefully will be able to plant some mint.. dill.. thyme.. parley.. basil.. etc etc... :notti:

gallery_54206_8_36786.jpg

Anyway that's all for today!!

The haze seems to be back with a vengence these few days, so reminder to wear your N95 mask once the 24-hr PSI reading hits 100 and above & hydrate yourself well! Take care everyone!

Edited by leonjennawong

Yoz Bro,

You touched my heart when you remember me as a Marvel Fan from my nickname hahaha. You are really good and bring delight to all of your readers, :D

I seriously feel that after your reno works are all completed, you should still maintain this blog and continue to keep in touch with everyone.

Thank you for the ceiling fans information. I also visited Tampoi last week and gotten 2 black Alpha fans.

It is a pity that KDK does not have black fans as my theme for my house is only black/white. Hope that Elmark fan is doing good for you hehe.

Edited by Ken82

Interesting read below.. Not sure how many Renotalkers here have actually read this... ;)

I'm not sure how many Renotalkers here have actually read this #allsingaporestuff article that has been doing rounds on Facebook, allegedly about a renovation conman named Loy Chuang Yee, director of renovation company Decor Creative Construction Pte Ltd... And I say 'allegedly' although the person who shared his experience on #allsingaporestuff seems to be genuine.. He even has a police report to show for it! :jawdrop: Apparently this renovation conman cheated 2 families of a staggering SGD50,000... Really shocking and sad..

Anyway I'm sharing it here for all to read and to help spread awareness in our Renotalk community of such despicable scum... And hope by doing so that many new Renotalkers can avoid unnecessary heartache during what should be a happy renovation journey for them!! :) For more information you can access the actual news site by clicking here.

@ALPHAEV7 RINNAI OVEN CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Just a while back on 24th Sep, 4.41PM, fellow Renotalker @alphaev7 issued an innocent challenge to me that I brought up to my dearest CFO... And that's where it all started... Actually the poor fella only posted 'hi leonjenna, What Oven are you using? Is it the Rinnai one? How is it?". Wahahahaha... :D

Ok you know what, I think for once I will really let the pictures speak for themselves... ;)

RINNAI OVEN IN ACTION!

gallery_54206_7_92931.jpg

gallery_54206_7_222383.jpg

BEFORE (like those slimming commercials hahahaha)

gallery_54206_7_51909.jpg

and AFTER!

I BRING TO YOU...

RINNAI-OVEN-BAKED GARLIC MILK WHOLE CHICKEN WITH CARROTS, POTATOES & MUSHROOMS TOPPED OFF WITH SAGE

gallery_54206_7_401217.jpg

As I mentioned before, if the taste of the food is in any way an indicator of how good the oven is, I have to say this is one SUPER DELICIOUS OVEN!!! :dribble: Even the chicken breast meat was moist and wahhhhh.. I really wish I can eat it again soon. *SLURP* ;)

CLOSE UP OF #GRAFUNKT CIRCUS DISH USED AS PLANTERS

Following some emails asking of close-ups of my #Grafunkt circus dish in my living area, here it is!! Hopefully will be able to plant some mint.. dill.. thyme.. parley.. basil.. etc etc... :notti:

gallery_54206_8_36786.jpg

Anyway that's all for today!!

The haze seems to be back with a vengence these few days, so reminder to wear your N95 mask once the 24-hr PSI reading hits 100 and above & hydrate yourself well! Take care everyone!

Hi Leon!

Thanks for accepting the "challenge" and making delicious looking meal! All i asked for was the model number and how much you go it for. But i looked on Rinnai's page based on your picture and saw that it was the RBO-7MSO. Was wondering why didn't you choose the RBO-85ETIX?

Thanks for the effort! My place is 80% done up now and currently looking for home appliances.

Hi!

How much did you buy your Storage heater for ? (#TapzGallery)

Hmm the Taobao sourced Taps and Faucets -- all can be installed proper -- no headaches ? LOL

Looks like I may copy your idea to install the storage heater in the service yard, instead of boxing it up in the common toilet.... Was thinking of boxing it up like Condo style... Not sure if that is not advisable?

Have to install 2 new A/C compressors in my own service yard as well -- current owner of my OTPed EA -- only has one and installed at a very ugly position -- easy for a person tall enough to knock his head.

Sheesh I am so beat right now... But the 'show' must go on & here I am once again... Hee. :)

Today I will be bringing to you other generic updates on my humble renovation!!

MASTER BATHROOM TAP INSTALLATION - The Kohler tap from TaoBao has been fixed up! :) Standard fare with good water flow.
gallery_54206_9_71903.jpg
Oh yeah, the toilet bowl is finally fixed back, which meant a bit less stress for myself whenever I want to visit my new house. Wahahaha.. I finally don't have to visit the toilet & decrease my water intake before popping over to my new house.. If you know what I mean. HAHAHA. :D
HANS GROHE RAIN SHOWER INSTALLED @ MASTER BATHROOM - Easily the most gorgeous article that I bought from TaoBao so far... :wub: *hwing hwing!!* Water pressure is great & works like a charm.. Very very satisfied with this purchase... :)
gallery_54206_9_82435.jpg

KITCHEN SINK & TAP INSTALLATION - CFO is over the moon with the kitchen flex-hose tap!!! And I am a very happy man because my dearest wife is so happy.. :) The entire tap is rust-free & feels solid when I use it; that's including the lever at the hand-held outlet. The water pressure is good too! :good: The only drawback is that we were kiasu & chose to buy the longer version... :bleah: Should have gone for the shorter variant because then, our future dish rack wouldn't have to put so high up... Luckily CFO & I are about the same height & not that short... Phew. Barely made it. :rolleyes:
gallery_54206_7_159190.jpg
38L JOVEN ELECTRIC WATER HEATER @ SERVICE YARD - Bought this from #TapzGallery along Balestier Road... This is the energy efficient variant, which you MUST remember to ask for if you are also getting electric water heaters like myself... Unless you are prepared to pay a bomb in electricity utility bills.... Hehe... :P
gallery_54206_7_107417.jpg
Wanted to get the smaller 25L capacity but #TapzGallery didn't have stock for that already.. The smallest capacity energy-efficient model was this 38L model liao... Oh well. :dunno:
And that tops off my wonderfully productive Monday today!! :D
HOPE YOU GUYS HAD FUN!!! SLEEP TIGHT! zz I know I will... :P

Hi Leon & Jenna,

Interesting read you have here! Thank you for persuading your CFO to buy the #Bona spray mop and hope it did not fail you till now (:

If anyone of you have any questions or would like to know any latest promotions, please do PM me!

Thank you!!

Hi, your house is very nice and your blogs have so much information!!

Do you mind if you can send me the quotation that you have?

Thanks thanks :D

My email is ugly_duck_86@hotmail.com

• Like 1

Oh my love ur house renov esp the tiles and furniture. Ur theme is nice make the house big and bright.

Can share ur renov quote with me. They really did a great job!

Is the tv console and matching set near main door customized? How much is it?