Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cocobliss

My Love Nest In Sengkang

Hi there, just sharing from my experience, the $10k+ could be their most basic package?

E.g most basic packages offer 20ft kitchen cabinet but we actually need 40ft for top and bottom cabinets on both sides of the kitchen.. Table top could be the basic solid surface and requires top up etc..

Maybe can ask around for fellow bloggers quotation to have a rough gauge of required items so nothing is missed out :)

Hope this helps!

Yup.. I think that low quote is a carrot to secure a first meetup with them. Haha..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What do u all think of IDs who call u every other day to check when u can meet them? Passionate or irritating?

Depend if you have told them when to contact you or what you are waiting for.

If they still do it means they must be really free and must be no biz (*which usually i will think its cause of the bad side of things, cause usually good IDs and etc have a lot people intro and etc)

*Juz my 2 cents worth

Yup.. I think that low quote is a carrot to secure a first meetup with them. Haha..

Haha, that's true too.

When I received low quote, I followed up by giving them my exact specs and got them to re-quote.

Some did not reply my follow up and I just dropped them.. Those who replied, will get to see the full quote before deciding whether to meet up :)

It's easier for us to filter out who to meet. Meeting too many can be quite a headache and super time consuming!

i've come across some "IDs" who do "ala carte" designing. it seems like they do not offer a package like other IDs. what's the difference actually and what's the pro and cons?

Hey cocobliss,

From my understanding, they are targeting home owners who don't wish to engage ID for their home renovation but wants some design ideas. Taking the design, they will go to contractors who can do up the work for them or they can source around for furnishings to get the look they want.

The pro of doing this is you can pay for the design and engage a contractor to have a cheaper renovation (though that depends on the contractor found and the price of that contractor).

The con i guess is that a third party contractor may not be able to execute the design just solely based on what is shown to them as compared to the ID, who will ensure you get the design you want.

Not sure if this helps as they are solely from my point of view :)

went to UDH at Balestier to speak to an ID: BK. he came across as very sincere and patient, and he sounded knowledgeable too. however he gave me the feeling he is new in this line, or that he has very few projects at hand. projects by the company and projects by the ID are 2 different matters. I felt it was very important too that he showed a level of enthusiasm even though I told him i'm collecting my keys only end of 2014.

their package was detailed, and also on the cheaper side. there're stuffs which you don't really need I believe you can remove. I guess it's important for the package to state the breakdown of works done.

we left feeling good about BK. however we requested to see projects done by him, which he said he will revert back to us.

if you look online, you would fine some negative posts of UDH. I think the ID is as important and its company, cos the sub-cons used by the company would be the same. so that really made us think twice. but I believe of BK is responsible, he can make our reno journey headache free to a large extend.

almost one year of hiatus.. how time files. we will be collecting our keys next month!

since the last post, we have gotten married, gone on our honeymoon, and next we will be collecting our keys!

have not really gotten down to IDs yet. but we will now start looking. and i think our strategy is kind of different now.

instead of rampaging through renotalk, i decided to depend on word of mouth, and also location of the ID office is important to me too. don't want to be travelling 20km just to meet the ID to rectify a problem.

we are also looking out for upcoming home/electronic fairs. will update when there are new news :)

My renovation is one-third through, having some issues with my hdb screening. Hope to get some advice.

HDB screening?or HDB screeding?whats the issue?

Sorry I have not been updating and my Reno has completed. Just want to share my experience with the ID I hired. T was initially a very impressive ID. don't be fooled by his outlook but he came across as sincere and meticulous.

However, things stopped at there. We found him quite absent minded. Several times our requests were not reflected in his 3D. To the extend that the paint colours we chose were not incorporated in the 3D. Eventually when the walls were painted and we found the colours to be too dark, we requested for a change and we had to top up instead.

He was also rude and sarcastic at times. We would usually go and inspect our house only after work like 8pm. Once we told him about an error and he replied "I will go and fix it now otherwise you will not be able to sleep". Wow! We pay money to be spoken to this way? We let it pass.

Then when things went missing in our house like stools (sometimes the workers would bring to other units to use) he said he will buy a new one. I maybe petty but I think this is not the right approach.

Down to the final payment, when we start calculating the works done and not done, I requested for an item to be removed as eventually I did not require that particular work. And he said that he did other things for me but he did not charge me for those. I think this was very calculative of him. If you didn't want to charge me, be cool about it. Not dig it up and make it as if you are doing me a favour.

Overall, the carpentry work is good. So I guess that's most important. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend my ID to anyone else.

Edited by cocobliss