Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Have previously thought about getting a chandelier in my MBR, but felt that it's too ex + hubby says its hard to clean.

But have just saw some other fellow bloggers who bought their chandelier (with faux crystals) from taobao! Makes it so tempting to reconsider the idea..

Is anyone using a chandelier? Can share about the cleaning for it?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh ya, paiseh just recalled you started your reno blog recently too ;) been reading too many of them these few days!

Wow so you bought the bed so far in advance??

Yah, too kiasu. Actually we were just planning to check out the beds and ended up placing a deposit as we felt the offer then was pretty good.

Yah, too kiasu. Actually we were just planning to check out the beds and ended up placing a deposit as we felt the offer then was pretty good.

Haha it was a good choice, the bed is really comfy. I'm looking forward to sleeping on it soon, but my keys not collected yet. Prob another month or two before can start reno.

Blissful sleep for us soon!

Asked my ID for the types of laminates that will be used for my carpentry (yes I actually did not ask before signing -.-")

Choices are from Jennings, EDL or Admira.

Went in to look at their laminates and nearly got a headache - think shall look at the 3D drawings first then let ID propose. Too many diff colours and patterns to choose from!

With the many many choices, it makes me feel like changing my concept of white with silver. But for the simple and classic look, i still think white won't go wrong!

Edited by guojiawen

Got to agree that white will not go wrong too, however please remember to take into consideration of maintenance of it.

Hope this help.

Got to agree that white will not go wrong too, however please remember to take into consideration of maintenance of it.

Hope this help.

Thanks Songz, white is definitely harder to maintain..

Found this article - http://mylittlecasa.blogspot.sg/2011/11/how-to-remove-pencil-and-pen-marks-on.html - very useful should I go ahead with white laminates!

I also checked with my ID about the possibility of turning yellowish. He mentioned that the laminates nowadays won't turn yellow so easily.. :D

Have previously thought about getting a chandelier in my MBR, but felt that it's too ex + hubby says its hard to clean.

But have just saw some other fellow bloggers who bought their chandelier (with faux crystals) from taobao! Makes it so tempting to reconsider the idea..

Is anyone using a chandelier? Can share about the cleaning for it?

I have 3 chandeliers and i only cleaned once with the Magic Clean duster!

Edited by cynthiazen

• Like 1

I have 3 chandeliers and i only cleaned once with the Magic Clean duster!

Thanks Cynthia! I love how you DIY and designed your home ;)

I spoke to my hubby about it again, he say put chandelier in the MBR, when cleaning the dust will fall onto the bed :dunno:

I think he's finding ways to convince me not to do it hahaha..

But magic clean duster sounds like a fuss free way of cleaning, so will try convincing him again :)

Edited by guojiawen

Hi jiawen,

was reading ur post. i got really good deals at Cellini during their end of yr sale last year. 400 for a table with 4 chairs and a beanie couch..think they have sale in june too. And i love sealy beds...

As for chandelier, i got the circular hollow LED light. quite easy to clean. was deciding between the crystal type but happen to see in one of the showrooms got dust..haha.and yea,really difficult to clean.cannot imagine.

Sharing the ideas for my house area by area. It's eye boggling to search through so many iPhone apps & websites but for our dream home, it's worth it :wub:

Living Room

Our Ideas

L Box w/o cove lights (Hard to clean + place for cockroaches & lizards to hide)

Ceiling fan with LED light (To have warm light when needed as we don't have cove lights)

Simple and classic feature wall + TV console

Leather modular sofa w cup holders & w/o coffee table (To have a more spacious living room)

Horizontal wedding photo behind the sofa (Focal point!)

Ideas found from websites & iPhone apps

Love the TV Console + Feature Wall + L-Box (w/o Cove Light) + Lights (Maybe @ Dining Area)

082bf638-7f2f-42f3-b88b-a9be87b7b3ef.png

Love the TV Console + Feature Wall + L Box + Ceiling Fan + Bar Counter (If budget permits & hubby agrees)

BarCounterIdea1.jpg

Love the huge drawing behind the sofa (Thinking of using our wedding photo here, suggestions?)

9aa41f8d-09a3-4865-b1fb-eca0acfeef51.png

Example of a modular / sectional sofa with cup holders

SectionalSofaIdea2.jpg

The ceiling fan we are intending to get - Fanco Aroma 54"

0fff2b73-ca46-4d4f-ad2f-d2343bed5d81.jpg

Edited by guojiawen

Hi jiawen,

was reading ur post. i got really good deals at Cellini during their end of yr sale last year. 400 for a table with 4 chairs and a beanie couch..think they have sale in june too. And i love sealy beds...

As for chandelier, i got the circular hollow LED light. quite easy to clean. was deciding between the crystal type but happen to see in one of the showrooms got dust..haha.and yea,really difficult to clean.cannot imagine.

Hey there,

Thanks for the tip! will go check out Cellini during their sales :)

Do you have pics for the chandelier with circular hollow LED light? Can't really visualise :lol:

Hey,
It took me quite a while to figure out how to upload pic. Here it goes, hopefully it works: (Test test)

Thanks! Got the idea :)

May use this for my dining area.. Will save the pic first hehe.

Edited by guojiawen

Went for the Modern Living fair yesterday to source for ideas for sofa & dining tables.

Fell in love with the below leather modular sofa! It's really luxurious & comfy, but at $3699, it's way out of budget. Even after tweaking the configuration, it is still between $26XX to $27XX.

SofaIdea.jpg

After discussion with hubby, and using his classic example of - it's like King Coil and Sealy, both serves the same function, do we really need a sealy for sofa? - we decided to go with the normal L shaped sofas (something like the below) and add a side table to it.

112b5ce5-97b2-4c51-a827-cd607d915b76-1.p

Colour wise, probably not white but something blue. Depends on whether we can find one though. White for sofa shld be a disaster when kids come along... At least for laminates, it can be cleaned away if not too stubborn. For leather or even PVC, once stained it's really all the best for us.