Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

my shoe cabinet will be beside the door, somewhere near your divider but perpendicular ...
you can c my proposed layout of the house

Yep, you two are right. At the current position, my ID mentioned that shoes have to be slanted in. Shoebox also cannot be fitted in too.

Will see the 3D drawing and maybe take out the 3ft behind the main door and concentrate on the shoe cabinet divider instead..

Yan01, where will your shoe cabinet be? :)

Maviscaste, at the moment the plan is to have a big open living area so future children can run about / play more freely ;) Though from the floor plan it looks huge, I feel the living room is just nice only.. Got a 60" TV so viewing distance shld be alright?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi!

Just to share, the BCA website provides a list of procedures on how to check for defects.

Hopefully, with a govt agency's guidelines, they can help you identify defects and set your heart at ease.

There are a few guides in the website, so take time to look around. You don't have to buy the guidebooks.

The links are as follows:

In General: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/EnhancementSeries/enhancement_series.html

For tiles only: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/tile.html

For common complaints for tiles: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/Iquas/gpgs/CTiling/CChpt7.pdf

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

my shoe cabinet will be beside the door, somewhere near your divider but perpendicular ...

you can c my proposed layout of the house

Got it! I need the divider more for feng shui reasons, else your placement of shoe cabinet will be great :good:

Hi, I thought your dining area look very small. How big is that area?

Hi Harriette, I'm waiting for the detailed space planning & the 3D drawings from my ID at the moment. When I know the size of my dining area i'll let you know? For now, what i've drawn up is not to scale :)

Hi!

Just to share, the BCA website provides a list of procedures on how to check for defects.

Hopefully, with a govt agency's guidelines, they can help you identify defects and set your heart at ease.

There are a few guides in the website, so take time to look around. You don't have to buy the guidebooks.

The links are as follows:

In General: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/EnhancementSeries/enhancement_series.html

For tiles only: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/IQUAS/tile.html

For common complaints for tiles: http://www.bca.gov.sg/Professionals/Iquas/gpgs/CTiling/CChpt7.pdf

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Thanks! Will incorporate this into my useful websites in post #64 ;)

Hello Jiawen, I see that you are going to put a King Size bed in the master bedroom. Did u "hack" the wall between bedroom 2 and master bedroom? U may need to take note of the walking space left. I wanted to put a king size bed too but I was only left with a 400mm walking space on each side!

Yep, you two are right. At the current position, my ID mentioned that shoes have to be slanted in. Shoebox also cannot be fitted in too.

Will see the 3D drawing and maybe take out the 3ft behind the main door and concentrate on the shoe cabinet divider instead..

Yan01, where will your shoe cabinet be? :)

Maviscaste, at the moment the plan is to have a big open living area so future children can run about / play more freely ;) Though from the floor plan it looks huge, I feel the living room is just nice only.. Got a 60" TV so viewing distance shld be alright?

HELLO!! :jammin:

came over ur blog to see my twinnie same colour same theme fellow blogger!

what is ur shoe size? if its 7 and below, confirm can fit. no need to slant. my shoes can go in. i measured already! :notti:

Hello Jiawen, I see that you are going to put a King Size bed in the master bedroom. Did u "hack" the wall between bedroom 2 and master bedroom? U may need to take note of the walking space left. I wanted to put a king size bed too but I was only left with a 400mm walking space on each side!

Hello! I'm afraid we did not hack the bedroom walls.. :unsure:

Based on our floor plan (which I know after reading so many reno blogs that is only an approximate....) our MBR width is 4820mm. King bed width is 1910 + 100mm as allowance for bed frame, if based on this calculation, we have approx 2810mm left (provided floor plan is accurate)?

Did your MBR have a wardrobe? Could that be why? Or maybe our design is longish so we have more space at the sides.

The walking space at the foot of our bed is only 1200mm after deducting the bed + frame :jawdrop: I guess luckily we have no intention to mount a TV there, or it will be even tighter!

HELLO!! :jammin:

came over ur blog to see my twinnie same colour same theme fellow blogger!

what is ur shoe size? if its 7 and below, confirm can fit. no need to slant. my shoes can go in. i measured already! :notti:

Hello fellow twinnie blogger :sport-smiley-018:

You even went to measure the space! Haha..

I have a small feet, about size 5.5 to 6 depending on cutting so thats good for me! :good:

But my hubby feet is about 9 to 10 though, so his shoes got to slant.. Maybe his can put at the divider area (uploading my 3D soon). Will discuss more with him!

3D Drawings First Draft

I think we are progressing very fast given that we have yet to get our keys. But really need to do as much as possible so the reno won't clash with our projects & exam timing! Doesn't really help that we r not studying in SG and have no way to supervise the reno unless it is just right during our mid-sem break :o

But really thankful to our ID who did up our 1st draft of 3D (requested about 10 days back w our colour scheme) & he mentioned by 18 to 20th Feb. Got it last night (earlier than promised). Makes a very happy me :sport-smiley-018:

But there's definitely amendments to be made though. Thought the overall concept pretty much captures what we requested for - something simple and classy and with white, silver/glass/mirror & blue as the colour scheme. Did not send him my mood board as I wanted to see if he has better ideas. Must say he is pretty close!

For the 2nd draft, we actually requested some areas to be even simpler. Hubby says we are really easy customers but I told him sometimes the simpler a design is, the harder it is for them to make it classy :bleah:

Now will let the pics do the talking!

Foyer

dd0af7e6-7cee-4050-851c-fafbdb6398e3.jpg

Living Room

842570a0-8439-4285-997d-b667bd4f3a98.jpg

Kitchen

0bfd0da8-c460-4755-abc4-94217e4b0a2f.jpg

MBR

11cc3458-d7c5-4f0a-b632-233c7a1fbbd6.jpg

Bedroom 2

6137329d-e130-4183-b21f-9c619b179199.jpg

Edited by guojiawen

Looks good! Nice to know they deliver their work on time.

Just wondering what else you are looking to simplify? feels pretty minimal to me already.

Regarding the space in the MBR, I wonder if there's really so much space with the bed there..

Looks good! Nice to know they deliver their work on time.

Just wondering what else you are looking to simplify? feels pretty minimal to me already.

Regarding the space in the MBR, I wonder if there's really so much space with the bed there..

Thanks for your kind words! Am pretty happy with the 1st draft :lol:

The simplifying is more for the TV feature wall (no need for ledge to put deco), the bomb shelter feature wall (current design seems slightly complicated) and the bedroom two wardrobe design (still a tad complicated to our liking)..

For furnishings like carpet, coffee table, ottoman etc, I won't be getting them either. Prefer the open space..

Good point on the MBR, i must ask if the drawing is to scale.. At the moment i doubt so.

MBR i think the foot of the bed will be pretty closed to the wall, so I feel the recliner chair is also more for aesthetics effects in the 3D drawing. Won't be including that in my room. The sides should be tighter as well.

Btw, I didn't see any dining table..

Sharp eyes regarding the dining table! That's one of the amendments i asked for as well.. :good:

Will share the next set of 3D drawings when its ready!

hi jiawen,

Was looking at your space planning bearing in mind the space considerations. I think you could consider moving the sofa closer to your feature wall, and then put the dining table behind, cos 5.3 m length for your living area is very wide. Ours is only 3.4m! As it stands I agree with Harriette - the dining area seems a bit small.

For your MBR, I think it's about as wide as mine. Shouldn't have a problem with your proposed layout.

Cheers. :lol:

• Like 1