Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Ok i admit im a super lazy person but here's what im gonna do. Master room light switch change to 2way switch, usually the standard one will be at the door entrance but i did another switch just beside my bed right above my side table. So when time to sleep i do not need to walk to entrance and switch off. Pure laziness... Did it for my water heater tank switch as well, one common, one in master rm toilet.

Hope it helps.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Always think of the convenience of things like what Vct just explain is good.

These things once done cannot add on as the cables and etc are sealed.

Agree with OceanEleven on more plugs at feature wall. I have 4 plugs and still need to use extension. I should have gone for 5 or 6.

Kitchen - doesn't you intend to put any plugs on the other side of the cabinet? I dedicate fridge, oven, microwave, water kettle , coffee maker and toaster to permanent plugs. Have 2 spare ones for other electrical items like rice cooker & pressure cooker. If your tall unit also house electric items than u need plugs there. My tall unit house oven and microwave so there are 2 plugs inside. Kitchen very important - u need to see what electrical items you use everyday (dedicate permanent plug to them) and which items u use occasionally.

• Like 1

If this is the case, TV feature wall too little, at least 4 plugs.

Beside fridge, if there is table top, then need another 4 if willing to pay.

Future baby room, guess there are existing plugs but not indicated, may consider to add 2 more.

Outside toilets, no plugs, for hair dryer/shaver etc.

Agree with OceanEleven on more plugs at feature wall. I have 4 plugs and still need to use extension. I should have gone for 5 or 6.

Kitchen - doesn't you intend to put any plugs on the other side of the cabinet? I dedicate fridge, oven, microwave, water kettle , coffee maker and toaster to permanent plugs. Have 2 spare ones for other electrical items like rice cooker & pressure cooker. If your tall unit also house electric items than u need plugs there. My tall unit house oven and microwave so there are 2 plugs inside. Kitchen very important - u need to see what electrical items you use everyday (dedicate permanent plug to them) and which items u use occasionally.

Thanks Apple1 and OceanEleven!

Will add in at least two more sockets at the TV console area.. Am thinking will need for TV, DVD player, possible game console and what else? Apple1, can share what else was around the area till requiring 6 sockets?

For the kitchen side, coz at the fridge side of the kitchen I will have the sink, hob and fridge in one line.. So not much table top left and all appliances will be on the other side. That's why never put any sockets aside from the one for the fridge.

For the other side of work top, will have one socket for built in oven (thanks for highlighting, will have to add it in!) but no microwave for us. For the worktop itself, will use the 4 sockets for coffee machine, kettle and rice cooker. Occasional usage will be maybe air fryer / pressure cooker?

For baby room, will add in 2 sockets on top of the existing ones..

For toilets, will not be putting sockets.. Hubby uses travel style of shaver that runs on battery, my hair dryer will be housed at my dressing table area in the MBR. always afraid of mixing water and electricity :P

Ok i admit im a super lazy person but here's what im gonna do. Master room light switch change to 2way switch, usually the standard one will be at the door entrance but i did another switch just beside my bed right above my side table. So when time to sleep i do not need to walk to entrance and switch off. Pure laziness... Did it for my water heater tank switch as well, one common, one in master rm toilet.

Hope it helps.

Always think of the convenience of things like what Vct just explain is good.

These things once done cannot add on as the cables and etc are sealed.

Hey Vct and Songz,

Thanks for highlighting the idea of 2 way switches. I actually have not thought of that at all yet..

Will go plan it out ;)

Thanks Apple1 and OceanEleven!

For the kitchen side, coz at the fridge side of the kitchen I will have the sink, hob and fridge in one line.. So not much table top left and all appliances will be on the other side. That's why never put any sockets aside from the one for the fridge.

For the other side of work top, will have one socket for built in oven (thanks for highlighting, will have to add it in!) but no microwave for us. For the worktop itself, will use the 4 sockets for coffee machine, kettle and rice cooker. Occasional usage will be maybe air fryer / pressure cooker?

For toilets, will not be putting sockets.. Hubby uses travel style of shaver that runs on battery, my hair dryer will be housed at my dressing table area in the MBR. always afraid of mixing water and electricity :P

Fridge side of the kitchen, you need socket for you hood and hob as well. If there is a small table space, you may consider one more.

In case you wanna use a blender etc, right beside the sink.

Not to put sockets in toilet but outside the toilets, for vacuuming purposes or even a quick charge of electric toothbrush etc.

Fridge side of the kitchen, you need socket for you hood and hob as well. If there is a small table space, you may consider one more.

Not to put sockets in toilet but outside the toilets, for vacuuming purposes or even a quick charge of electric toothbrush etc.

your own house also so many plugs? ma chiam free one lei your ideas lol

TV/Entertainment area - Let me think (I'm not at home now), I have the TV, DVD, 2 xboxes, mio gateway, fiber optic modem, mio tv box and sound system controller.

Hope this help.

wow it looks very nice, how much is such a reno sia?

Hello LionFlyer, thanks for dropping by :)

The reno cost is about 28k at the moment inclusive of system 4 aircon.

Not sure how much it will be after reno and the variation orders though. Currently changes already include decreasing L shaped shoe cabinet from 6 ft to 3ft, so saving $690 from that. But seems like I need to add on quite a bit for power sockets. There's also a dent in at the living room wall which we have not yet decide whether to box up so it can be flushed as a straight line..

Hoping to still cap it all within 28k :notti:

Edited by guojiawen

Oh.. I didn't realise hood and hob requires sockets. Thanks for highlighting that..

Will also think through about needing a socket outside the toilet.. Or maybe put it on the short wall inside bedroom 2 so can double as a point for ironing clothes + for vacuuming the corridor area..

TV/Entertainment area - Let me think (I'm not at home now), I have the TV, DVD, 2 xboxes, mio gateway, fiber optic modem, mio tv box and sound system controller.

Hope this help.

Thanks Apple1, think will have to increase it to 6 sockets... to house TV, DVD, sound system, one game console, modem.

Luckily I asked for opinions!

bro check with you, your WIW right, need to go pass 2 doors to go to MBR toilet.. no hacking yea?

Hey Takaishi.... it's a sis here ;)

Yup no hacking involved.. so need to walk through 2 doors to the toilet.. actually 3 doors if we include the toilet door. but nowadays HDB is very small, so not going to walk too far :lol:

TV console need LOTS of sockets. I am planning on 8 there.

Wah... I was counting and counting.. thought 6 should be nice enough already :o