Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Hey Takaishi.... it's a sis here ;)

Yup no hacking involved.. so need to walk through 2 doors to the toilet.. actually 3 doors if we include the toilet door. but nowadays HDB is very small, so not going to walk too far :lol:

you gonna get used to me calling you a bro :S common salutation LOL.

oh man, i email Jason but no reply at all :S

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hood definitely need socket. As for hob, it depends. it you getting induction hob then need socket. if gas-hob, then you must check which brand/model you will be getting, as some do not need power socket, they use battery to create the spark to ignite the gas, while others use electricity to spark.

Oh.. I didn't realise hood and hob requires sockets. Thanks for highlighting that..

Wah... I was counting and counting.. thought 6 should be nice enough already :o

TV, DVD, sound system, one game console, modem.

how about media player,router, NAS ? then sometimes you may need to attach other peripheral devices (e,g camera, etc) on adhov basis.

The TV console is one energy guzzler.

you gonna get used to me calling you a bro :S common salutation LOL.

oh man, i email Jason but no reply at all :S

haha. i should feel honoured then, joining the brotherhood league? :P

opps. i think maybe he's suddenly flooded with requests for quotations. from what I know, currently there's only he and his brother doing the biz. maybe you can call him directly? i PM you his number :)

• Like 1

Hood definitely need socket. As for hob, it depends. it you getting induction hob then need socket. if gas-hob, then you must check which brand/model you will be getting, as some do not need power socket, they use battery to create the spark to ignite the gas, while others use electricity to spark.

Thanks Claypot :)

Went to google my hob. It's battery operated.. In that case I guess 2 sockets will be enough on the hob side - 1 for hood, 1 for miscellaneous cooking stuff when needed.

TV, DVD, sound system, one game console, modem.

how about media player,router, NAS ? then sometimes you may need to attach other peripheral devices (e,g camera, etc) on adhov basis.

The TV console is one energy guzzler.

Haha, i think you can tell from my response that hubby and I are not very tech savvy.

DVD player = media player?

For router / modem, new BTO is inside the circuit breaker box area if i'm not mistaken, so the original modem I was referring to is the wi-fi extender thing..

What's NAS?

Now in total I have - TV, DVD player, sound system, game console, wi-fi extender, SCV box..

Faint.. really a huge energy guzzler indeed!

My total electrical came up to $2100, what about you guys?

Hey Vct,

So far I have the following quoted for $1060 (forgot to add, pricing was before bargaining):

Est 13 lighting points

Est 2 double sockets

Est 2 single socket

Est 20 installation of lights

Est 1 installation of ceiling fan

Not sure how many existing sockets HDB have and how many more I have to top up.. Will update when i manage to get a copy of the electrical plan. Have asked my neighbours in FB group for it just now..

Edited by guojiawen

Thanks Claypot :)

Went to google my hob. It's battery operated.. In that case I guess 2 sockets will be enough on the hob side - 1 for hood, 1 for miscellaneous cooking stuff when needed.

Haha, i think you can tell from my response that hubby and I are not very tech savvy.

DVD player = media player?

For router / modem, new BTO is inside the circuit breaker box area if i'm not mistaken, so the original modem I was referring to is the wi-fi extender thing..

What's NAS?

Now in total I have - TV, DVD player, sound system, game console, wi-fi extender, SCV box..

Faint.. really a huge energy guzzler indeed!

some people will have a DVD player where you will put a DVD disc into the player.

media players are those that have a harddisk inside and usually do not play from discs, but from the harddisk. examples include

http://acryan.com/sg/ AC Ryan

http://www.popcornhour.com.ph/ popcorn hour

and other brands

NAS = network attached storage

if you share files between family members or between different devices, NAS comes in handy. It can also prevent data loss using specific RAID configurations too.

Also if you have Apple TV, that's another point :help::jawdrop:

maybe if you get wireless headphones next time, the transmitter also need power :jawdrop::jawdrop:

some people will have a DVD player where you will put a DVD disc into the player.

media players are those that have a harddisk inside and usually do not play from discs, but from the harddisk. examples include

http://acryan.com/sg/ AC Ryan

http://www.popcornhour.com.ph/ popcorn hour

and other brands

NAS = network attached storage

if you share files between family members or between different devices, NAS comes in handy. It can also prevent data loss using specific RAID configurations too.

Also if you have Apple TV, that's another point :help::jawdrop:

maybe if you get wireless headphones next time, the transmitter also need power :jawdrop::jawdrop:

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

thanks for all the sharing, only now then I realised if use many tech stuff really need a lot of sockets!

being less tech savvy, doubt we will use media players or the network attached storage at the moment.. maybe in the future when our family get bigger and children also using computer. but by then dunno what other technology in the market already :lol:

Jus to add my 2 cents here... Cos I was advised by my ID tat cos ours is a BTO, all e wiring etc is concealed n most probably we would wanna continue wit concealed wiring for additional or shifted points.. N according to how electrical works have been planned sometimes it may jus be too late wen we think we need additional sockets somewhere wen electrician is already done wit his trip n gone, incurring further transportation costs etc.. I had to give up a couple of ideas I suddenly had n thought i may need due to electrical works already done before I cud mention these, resulting in extra costs n pushing back other works to have e electrician back to settle e wirings again.. Thus another option for us owners is Eubiq power points.. Some of us may already be aware of tis, some may not so for those who don't wanna go thru e trouble n high costs of concealed wiring, can consider going for tis as all tats required is a power point socket tat will be removed n e eubiq track will be tapped on from there for electricity, thus giving more options for add on power points.. Useful areas wud be tv console area, kitchen area if need number of sockets to stock up for electrical appliances etc.. Study room as well of cos.. It looks classy n sleek, easier to access n user friendly. Could actually be a cost efficient way comparative to having electrician run concealed wiring n adding points for us.. Hope it helped!

Edited by Lyamani

• Like 1

I was quoted $2760.00 for the following:

- 21 lighting points

- 15 single sockets

- 9 double sockets

- 2 SVC points

- 3 Data points

- 1 point for hood

- 1 point for oven

- 2 mainpoints (Q-switch)

- Installation of 2 fans

-47 lights installations

-1 hang light (Dining area)

- Hacking and smoothing of wall (for relocations of points)

HTH!

I was quoted $2760.00 for the following:

- 21 lighting points

- 15 single sockets

- 9 double sockets

- 2 SVC points

- 3 Data points

- 1 point for hood

- 1 point for oven

- 2 mainpoints (Q-switch)

- Installation of 2 fans

-47 lights installations

-1 hang light (Dining area)

- Hacking and smoothing of wall (for relocations of points)

HTH!

Why you need 3 Data points? Sorry to ask.

Why you need 3 Data points? Sorry to ask.

3 bedrooms, one room each?

1 for living room, 1 for MBR (computer) and 1 for MBR TV connected from Bedroom 2.