Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Jus to add my 2 cents here... Cos I was advised by my ID tat cos ours is a BTO, all e wiring etc is concealed n most probably we would wanna continue wit concealed wiring for additional or shifted points.. N according to how electrical works have been planned sometimes it may jus be too late wen we think we need additional sockets somewhere wen electrician is already done wit his trip n gone, incurring further transportation costs etc.. I had to give up a couple of ideas I suddenly had n thought i may need due to electrical works already done before I cud mention these, resulting in extra costs n pushing back other works to have e electrician back to settle e wirings again.. Thus another option for us owners is Eubiq power points.. Some of us may already be aware of tis, some may not so for those who don't wanna go thru e trouble n high costs of concealed wiring, can consider going for tis as all tats required is a power point socket tat will be removed n e eubiq track will be tapped on from there for electricity, thus giving more options for add on power points.. Useful areas wud be tv console area, kitchen area if need number of sockets to stock up for electrical appliances etc.. Study room as well of cos.. It looks classy n sleek, easier to access n user friendly. Could actually be a cost efficient way comparative to having electrician run concealed wiring n adding points for us.. Hope it helped!

Hi Lyamani, thanks for sharing :)

I am aware of Eubiq track but it seems ex.. Just to check, if we install Eubiq how did your electrician charge you?

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I was quoted $2760.00 for the following:

- 21 lighting points

- 15 single sockets

- 9 double sockets

- 2 SVC points

- 3 Data points

- 1 point for hood

- 1 point for oven

- 2 mainpoints (Q-switch)

- Installation of 2 fans

-47 lights installations

-1 hang light (Dining area)

- Hacking and smoothing of wall (for relocations of points)

HTH!

Hi HLJL,

Have a number of questions..

The points for hood and oven also refer to power sockets?

Data point is used for connecting direct to LAN cable?

What are Q-switch?

You have 47 lights to be installed? Is it because you did up false ceilings for all the rooms?

:)

Hi neighbour! I dono how to reply ur comment on fb n add a photo using mobile ... :sport-smiley-018: so I giv u here ok? Lol

This is the original elect n light point position provided by hdb. Lol i hope u can decipher :)

Cheers~~

13483663753_a24ab01324_c.jpg

Hi HLJL,

Have a number of questions..

What are Q-switch?

You have 47 lights to be installed? Is it because you did up false ceilings for all the rooms?

:)

Yes. included, even those for oven, gas heater etc.

Yes, because i wanted my internet to run full sped to my PCs, and android box for my TVs.

What are Q-switch?

Sorry. My mistake, Kill-Switch i meant. for Example one kill-switch for TV console, one switch to turn off all switches(TV,Soundbar,Andriod Box,etc)

Yes. Total of 47 Lights installed, because i run a lot of Cove Lightings, for example, just the living room i have 5 T5 Tubes, thus 5 lightings point.

Edited by HLJL

Hi Lyamani, thanks for sharing :)

I am aware of Eubiq track but it seems ex.. Just to check, if we install Eubiq how did your electrician charge you?

Thanks!

Hi guojiawen

If I'm not wrong wen I enquired wit e direct guy who's apparently handling direct sales of e tracks, he mentioned tat per track's installation is $50... Got his contact from their official distributor website http://www.aslpower.com.sg/store/power-tracks.html

U can check tat out.. E last time I enquired he's able to give 20% disc to direct buyers etc. U cud check wit him.. We have not confirmed our use on eubiq tracks yet cos we have yet to look into e detail use of appliances, points we r really gonna use. Jus didn't add on unnecessary points to our place as majority seemed to be in place at e right places for our needs. For certain places where we may tend to use more den e required number of sockets we may go for eubiq tracks but at a slightly later.. Only area I can foresee for now is e tv console area.. So u can try calling E number stated on e link I added above, guy named Kenneth. Was really informative n patient he cud help solve ur queries.. Hope it helped! 😀

Yes, because i wanted my internet to run full sped to my PCs, and android box for my TVs.

What are Q-switch?

Sorry. My mistake, Kill-Switch i meant. for Example one kill-switch for TV console, one switch to turn off all switches(TV,Soundbar,Andriod Box,etc)

Yes. Total of 47 Lights installed, because i run a lot of Cove Lightings, for example, just the living room i have 5 T5 Tubes, thus 5 lightings point.

Actually why not you use LED strips for your cove lighting.? Then you just need one driver for one point.

Edited by sforshor

Actually why not you use LED strips for your cove lighting.? Then you just need one driver for one point.

Cos this cover lighting is the main source of light for my walk-in-wardrobe, kitchen , MBR and living room.

Only T5 can produce 360 degrees of bright light.

Hi neighbour! I dono how to reply ur comment on fb n add a photo using mobile ... :sport-smiley-018: so I giv u here ok? Lol

This is the original elect n light point position provided by hdb. Lol i hope u can decipher :)

Cheers~~

13483663753_a24ab01324_c.jpg

Thanks babe! I'll try to decipher it, if not will pass to hubby to do the job :lol:

Yay, with this I should be able to roughly know how many more sockets I need to top up!

Hi guojiawen

If I'm not wrong wen I enquired wit e direct guy who's apparently handling direct sales of e tracks, he mentioned tat per track's installation is $50... Got his contact from their official distributor website http://www.aslpower.com.sg/store/power-tracks.html

U can check tat out.. E last time I enquired he's able to give 20% disc to direct buyers etc. U cud check wit him.. We have not confirmed our use on eubiq tracks yet cos we have yet to look into e detail use of appliances, points we r really gonna use. Jus didn't add on unnecessary points to our place as majority seemed to be in place at e right places for our needs. For certain places where we may tend to use more den e required number of sockets we may go for eubiq tracks but at a slightly later.. Only area I can foresee for now is e tv console area.. So u can try calling E number stated on e link I added above, guy named Kenneth. Was really informative n patient he cud help solve ur queries.. Hope it helped!

Thanks Lyamani, will email him ;)

What are Q-switch?

Hey HLJL, understand now.. how much are you charged for the kill-switch? it's quite an interesting idea.. :)

Just a quick question to everyone, how much did your ID / contractor charge for 2 way switches?

I do not have this item in my quotation at the moment.. so check market rate first before asking my ID for his pricing :rolleyes:

Just a quick question to everyone, how much did your ID / contractor charge for 2 way switches?

I do not have this item in my quotation at the moment.. so check market rate first before asking my ID for his pricing :rolleyes:

The charges should be same as a new switch point, nothing special I'm charge that way.

If your T5 are in the same "gang" meaning all in a row, they should charge you one lighting point only and the rest use looping (like a chain connecting one after another). Im charge per loop $8.

If your T5 are in the same "gang" meaning all in a row, they should charge you one lighting point only and the rest use looping (like a chain connecting one after another). Im charge per loop $8.

See wrongly.

Mine charged $10/installation of light. For 1 row of T5, they charged me 1 light point only.

Edited by HLJL

The charges should be same as a new switch point, nothing special I'm charge that way.

Ok noted. Maybe thats why there's no specific rate for it. Will ask my ID again when we reach the electrical stage then..

Hi, I'm also waiting for my 5 room bto.. Can you pm me the id you are using? The price seems reasonable.

Hi HansamuQ,

Emailed you :)