Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Few days never log on, doing some catch up on the "concealed" wiring issue :lol:

So for the new electrical points to be pulled, they will all be "exposed" and must be covered using something like the below "trunking"?

trunking.jpg

Then we will "conceal" it by hiding that "trunking" by making sure they are behind our TV consoles / sofa / bed / study table?

Lots of "" as I'm not sure of the exact terms to use ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

guojiawen : Yap... All cabling will be in trunking and you hide these trunking either in false ceiling or carpentry works.

guojiawen : Yap... All cabling will be in trunking and you hide these trunking either in false ceiling or carpentry works.

Okay got the idea :)

alternate is below under the tiling. :)

Good suggestion for those who are re-doing the tiles :)

Mine is under the HDB OCS for new BTOs and will not be changing my tiles.. Got to stick with the other options of hiding the trunking ;)

Okay I got around to looking at the electrical map kindly uploaded by my fellow neighbour :lol:

But I need confirmation if I am reading it correctly coz i can't really read the wordings..

Are those circled in pink 1 power socket and those circled in blue 2 power sockets @yan01?

5RoomElectricalPlan.jpg

here u go neighbour!

13593005643_5bccf39816_b.jpg

i think its shld b correct ... hahaha ... ltr i check my hse when i go visit to cfm .. ;)

Okay I got around to looking at the electrical map kindly uploaded by my fellow neighbour :lol:

But I need confirmation if I am reading it correctly coz i can't really read the wordings..

Are those circled in pink 1 power socket and those circled in blue 2 power sockets @yan01?

5RoomElectricalPlan.jpg

here u go neighbour!

13593005643_5bccf39816_b.jpg

i think its shld b correct ... hahaha ... ltr i check my hse when i go visit to cfm .. ;)

haha thank you! realised i was pretty close :lol:

fellow neighbours from my block has been scheduled to collect keys on 10th April! so happy! it should be anytime soon for my unit! :dancingqueen:

YEAH~~ :sport-smiley-004:

have fun renovating and shopping! :lol: hope to cya ard in the estate soon ;)

haha thank you! realised i was pretty close :lol:

fellow neighbours from my block has been scheduled to collect keys on 10th April! so happy! it should be anytime soon for my unit! :dancingqueen:

• Like 1

Happy Updates!

Key collection date is confirmed on 15 April! Just one more week to go!

The arranging and re-arranging of schedule is starting to take its toll on me mentally due to all the uncertainties involved.... i.e., flight back is dependent on key collection date, checking of defects is dependent on auspicious house opening date & all these are dependent on whether school has presentations, quizzes etc.

But luckily managed to find a window one week period where I can have minimal impact on school schedule and fly back SG to collect keys + settle house feng shui audit + buy my bathroom accessories + lights + any other reno required items before flying back to studies.

If this window period passed by with no news from HDB, it will mean key collection in July liao. so... *heng ah!*

I guess no taobao for me unless it's non reno-related items.. timing doesn't work out so its most likely only insect screen + other deco stuff from TB.

Also... against all the experienced renotalkers suggestion, hubby and I will not be able to be on-site to supervise the reno. Can only rely mostly on whatsapp + Skype for updates from my ID. Crossing my fingers & toes that nothing major will occur that requires us to rush back to salvage.

A consolation though, my mom will be helping to supervise the reno. She is super particular for her own house when it comes to reno. I hope she is equally particular for my reno as well. Oh man.. what will I do without my mum! Haha. Ok over dramatic.

But YAY!!! it's finally my turn to share the actual reno journey!!!

Edited by guojiawen

• Like 1

Happy Updates!

Key collection date is confirmed on 15 April! Just one more week to go!

The arranging and re-arranging of schedule is starting to take its toll on me mentally due to all the uncertainties involved.... i.e., flight back is dependent on key collection date, checking of defects is dependent on auspicious house opening date & all these are dependent on whether school has presentations, quizzes etc.

But luckily managed to find a window one week period where I can have minimal impact on school schedule and fly back SG to collect keys + settle house feng shui audit + buy my bathroom accessories + lights + any other reno required items before flying back to studies.

If this window period passed by with no news from HDB, it will mean key collection in July liao. so... *heng ah!*

I guess no taobao for me unless it's non reno-related items.. timing doesn't work out so its most likely only insect screen + other deco stuff from TB.

Also... against all the experienced renotalkers suggestion, hubby and I will not be able to be on-site to supervise the reno. Can only rely mostly on whatsapp + Skype for updates from my ID. Crossing my fingers & toes that nothing major will occur that requires us to rush back to salvage.

A consolation though, my mom will be helping to supervise the reno. She is super particular for her own house when it comes to reno. I hope she is equally particular for my reno as well. Oh man.. what will I do without my mum! Haha. Ok over dramatic.

But YAY!!! it's finally my turn to share the actual reno journey!!!

congrats on the key collection news! so exciting!

where are you studying? hope the flight shuttling isn't going to be too shiong for you... cheers

CONGRATS NEIGHBOUR!

wa … u v tough hor … muz fly here fly there … but don't worry la … when mom is ard there will be no problem :lol:

smooth journey ahead :) .. lol and hope to cya ard during ur 1 wk sg stay

congrats on the key collection news! so exciting!

where are you studying? hope the flight shuttling isn't going to be too shiong for you... cheers

Thanks Mrs Lee! Hubby & I are doing our masters in Aussie.. Not so bad. Cannot imagine if we are studying in the states or UK. Then we will really faint :lol:

Congrats ^^

I think your mum will do a good job like what she did for her house

Thanks Songz. Yup I'm sure my mum will do a good job in supervising :rolleyes:

Actually now that I think again, I shouldn't have doubted my mum to do a good job.. Feel bad now. :wacko:

CONGRATS NEIGHBOUR!

wa … u v tough hor … muz fly here fly there … but don't worry la … when mom is ard there will be no problem :lol:

smooth journey ahead :) .. lol and hope to cya ard during ur 1 wk sg stay

Thank you neighbour! For my dream home.. Worth it to fly around hehe.

It's such an exciting thing that I actually couldn't bear to let someone else collect the keys on my behalf! But reno bo bian got to get my mum to supervise for me..

Yup yup, hope to see u during the week I'm back too ;)

Things are falling into place really nicely.

Will be having my key collection + auspicious door opening ceremony + house feng shui audit + bazi reading + meeting with ID to do measurements all on the same day.

*super happy!*

• Like 3