Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Hi Karen,

do you mind sharing your detailed quote and ID to shangesonyap@gmail.com thanks in advance :help::good:

HI Jia Wen,

Can pm your FSM, his rate and your ID.

Thank you! :)

PM-ed :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Renovation Day 4 - 22 April

Paid the next 30% of our reno fees yesterday to start all the work.

Reno progressing well. Kitchen / fridge / washing machine bases all done up yesterday!

Fridge and washing machine base tiles are slightly lighter than the ones by HDB. We are okay with it since they are hidden anyway. It's just funny why the HDB contractors don't buy more so we can use the same tiles. Keep asking all the IDs to go to their supplier, and supplier also don't have anymore stock -.-"

photo4-8.jpg

photo5-6.jpg

photo3-9.jpg

Toilet kerbs done up nicely too :lol:

photo2-9.jpg

The backing of our toilet bowl is also extended upwards by another 2 inches, as we bought a taller WC.

photo1-8.jpg

Renovation Day 4 - 22 April (Part 2)

One last pic - cardboard all laid in living room.

photo-2.jpg

Next up:

False ceiling, air con trunking and electrical points will be done over the next few days.

Once those done, painting work will begin.

At the same time, patiently waiting for our carpentry detailed drawing to be out :sport-smiley-018:

Nope~~ but the hse is in living state alr ... less those small appliances n etc stuff to buy ... haha been cleaning n cleaning n cleaning :/ ... Didn't c u ard the neighbourhood leh!

Thank you neighbour!

Have you officially moved in?

Nope~~ but the hse is in living state alr ... less those small appliances n etc stuff to buy ... haha been cleaning n cleaning n cleaning :/ ... Didn't c u ard the neighbourhood leh!

Haha, after the cleaning then can concentrate on shifting in liao, must be an amazing feeling!

I'm dreading the cleaning and cleaning stage.. But maybe will feel different coz its our own home! :wub:

I went to my unit quite a few days last week, but we only went to our own block. Didn't see any neighbour at all.. Think still collecting keys. Saw on FB page the key collection date is all the way till mid May :wacko:

Renovation Day 6 - 24 April

Air con trunking and electrical works were done up.

Lighting points in living room.

photo1-9.jpg

Lighting + air con trunking in living room.

photo2-10.jpg

Air con trunking in MBR.

photo-3.jpg

Other bedrooms.

photo5-7.jpg

photo4-9.jpg

Will be sharing our purchases over the next few posts (no TB purchase yet though).

Bought quite a lot of stuff in our one week marathon back in SG last week. Rush here rush there and now I'm down with the flu :~ But for our dream home, it's still worth it :lol:

For the past week, we bought our lights, toilet accessories, toilet sink & tap, kitchen sink & mixer and ceiling fans. Came out of every shop at least $1k poorer :jawdrop: Even though already budgeted for the purchases, still feel very :o by the end of the week!

If you guys have the time and know how to purchase from TB, it seems like a really worthwhile place to get your loots. I will do that for my house deco items, probably for dining table and coffee / side table and things like clocks etc :wub:

Purchases from Royal Fanco (Part 1)

Due to our tight schedule and time constraints, we didn't really have the chance to visit many different shops or do a lot of price comparisons to buy our stuff. So the previous leg work aka research in RT and other forums formed the foundation of shops we went to visit.

Visited two shops - Heritage Bathroom Gallery & Royal Fanco. Both offered competitive pricing.

The sales person from HBG has okay service, just wasn't really attentive though, kept checking hp but was alert whenever we asked question. Did not offer any further insights if we did not ask him. Everything was just on display so he asked us to take a look. Had the impression they were quite good but my mind was set to visit Royal Fanco to check it out. So left without buying on the 1st visit.

Headed down to Royal Fanco after that, Henry (believe is the owner) was really helpful and gave suggestions for the things we need to purchase. Again, we did not purchase the 1st time round as was still contemplating is there a need to change the WC and vanity in the MBR toilet. When we headed back the 2nd time round, we told him "hello, we are back again!" in mandarin, and could see his face light up and recognition (our 1st visit was just 2 days before that).

He's a really nice uncle, so I can totally relate to the raves in RT about the shop. Though he already explained everything to us during the 1st visit, being the blur person I am, forgot many things and he patiently re-explained the packages and show us suitable mixer / taps to go along with our choice of sinks, explain the differences in the WC etc.

Purchased the below subsequently:

Baron Porcelain Basin A149A

BaronPorcelainBasinA149A.jpg

Pozzi Basin Top Pro321L (high) to go with the vanity basin

PozziBasinTopPro321L.jpg

Baron Toilet Bowl W888

BaronToiletBowlW888.jpg

Carysil Kitchen Sink Deluxe 860 in Nera (Black granite colour)

CarysilKitchenSinkDeluxe860Nera.png

Pozzi Pro920 Sink Mixer

PozziPro920SinkMixer.jpg

The vanity basin + WC came as a set and was super reasonably priced. Super love the huge basin and rounded design. And the comfy large WC that is easy to maintain! No hole at the back :good: Got the cold water tap at an additional cost.

For the kitchen sink, we were so glad we did not purchase them in Jan. It was going for $406 then. Exact same sink! Henry explained that Cryasil was having some promotion going on. We saved $121 because of this :notti:

Purchases from Royal Fanco (Part 2)

Our last purchase was the ceiling fan to be placed in the living room.

Amasco Twist 54" White Ceiling Fan (w light kit & remote control)

AmascoTwist54quotWhiteCeilingFan.jpg

Got the piece in white. The air power was really strong (tried it on the spot) and Henry strongly recommended it. I enquired about Fanco Aroma (what i originally intended to get) and he shared that the wind is much stronger for the Amasco Twist due to the degree of slant for the blades. It also has similar design to Fanco Aroma. Plus Fanco Aroma is more expensive. Amsaco Twist was going at a promotion rate (much lower then what's stated in the picture).

Originally wanted Fanco Aroma for the 3 light setting. But the rational mind took over that day. Ended up taking warm lighting for Amasco Twist to create the ambience when I need it and I don't need the cool white or day light since I have my normal down lights anyway.

For those interested to buy from them, just take note that since the pricing is already very competitive, they do not give further discounts (also read this from RT as well previously, but i still tried my luck to lower the price. didn't get it though hehe). But if compared to other shops, they are already offering pretty good deals.

That wraps up my purchases with them. Overall rating for Henry and Royal Fanco is 5* :good:

• Like 1

Glad you finally got your keys ^^

Can i ask you, what downlight and cove light(if any) are you using? I saw you have 8 downlight in your living room near the sofa area, what will be the watts and will it be bright enough? I remember last time while i am hunting for ID and contractor, they recommend 12 downlight for the whole of living room, that time i was thinking i only need 7(6 at the sofa area and just 1 near the entrance).

Glad you finally got your keys ^^

Can i ask you, what downlight and cove light(if any) are you using? I saw you have 8 downlight in your living room near the sofa area, what will be the watts and will it be bright enough? I remember last time while i am hunting for ID and contractor, they recommend 12 downlight for the whole of living room, that time i was thinking i only need 7(6 at the sofa area and just 1 near the entrance).

Thanks! Am so happy to have gotten my keys too :)

I'm using 8 12W LED daylight downlights but no cove lighting.

Hmm, I think the brightness really depends on individual preferences. One of our neighbours got 16W LED downlights.

I think for mine 12W is enough as the space is used for watching TV. If we really need to read and it is not bright enough, I will buy a standing lamp by the sofa..