Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

hi neighbour~~!! we almost have the same lights for the whole house hahahahahaha :D

anyway, having all mirror will surely space up your house alot ... but i thot all mirror is quite plain as compared to ur original feature wall in 3D with some designs. and also the cleaning!!!:blink:

maybe u can consider adding mirror strips to the "grey?" lines instead of using laminates so u still can have a peep of urself b4 gg out ... the mirror is small but gd enough to check urself, assuming u alr doll up pretty pretty back in ur bedroom liao hehehe .... in this way u hv mirrors n the design still can stay.

that's what i'm thinking when considering my bomb shelter feature wall :)

14033613210_3511bccd61_b.jpg

Need Opinions for Bomb Shelter Feature Wall

I have been thinking about my mirrored bomb shelter feature wall and am still wondering if I should go according to my original 3D drawing, or to be totally mirrored.

This is the original 3D drawing. With this design, the lines to the tic tac door won't be obvious. Thinking to hide a pane of mirror inside the tic tac door so if I want to, can always open the door to check myself before heading out.

c649bf50-1285-4f09-a095-e1e0d474d9f7.jpg

This is the "example" of totally mirrored feature wall. There will be 4 mirror panes in total. The joint lines between the top pane and bottom 3 vertical panes will not be obvious, but the joint lines between the three vertical mirror panes will be obvious.

PictorialExampleofBSFW.png

Need additional opinions :help: Anyone?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Can email me your contractor contact and quotation breakdown please :) azure_skies7@hotmail.com

TIA~!

Hi may I have your ID contact and the detailed quotation

Breakdown ?

Kindly email samsamfong_3@hotmail.com. Thank in advance !

Emailed both :)

Thanks alfredt, 4ddd and yan01 for your replies!

I feel bad for being fickle minded, after thinking it through, I shall stand firm to my decision of it being a full mirror feature wall. Shall remember my original reasons: To make the entrance of the house look bigger + as a place to check my attire before leaving home.

4ddd - if i'm waking up at night to grab drinks or anything, i will make sure to on my lights so as not to scare the **** out of myself :P

yan01 - your suggestion was what i wanted initially too.. but my ID say if mix mirror with laminates, the structure will be weakened and may not last long..

Hi Jiawen,

I refer to your post on the T5 light for your kitchen cabinets. How many light points are there for your T5 lights?

I also installed T5 lights below my top Ikea kitchen cabinet. If you have only one light point, your internal casing will look like the photo below. It is very little, so I don't think you need to worry about it. To see the real thing, visit Ikea.

14030741649_b6e047293b.jpg

image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

14214110931_1fc7f732d3.jpg

My top kitchen cabinets come in 2 heights, so I have more casing. Still, it doesn't make it difficult to store things.

14194244626_2d94d9b582.jpg

14194251696_f8e182c401.jpg

Hi Harriette,

If i'm not wrong, my cabinet will have 2 t5 lighting points.

Thanks for the pictures and showing me how it looks! I think our concept is slightly different.. Your t5 is below the cabinet, so there will only be the small internal casing in the back of the cabinet itself.

For mine, my ID will be hiding the t5 light such that it cannot be seen when we look at the cabinet. So the back of the top cabinet will have a hole catered there to house the t5 light. If we look at the top cabinet, the t5 will be hidden from view. That hole will be additional on top of the internal casing, so it will be at least a 2" by 2" uneven pop up inside the back of the top cabinet.. Not sure if I'm describing it well enough?

Btw, your kitchen looks well stocked up, hope you are enjoying your new home :)

Yeah! Glad u made n firm on a decision :D ... Haha will u invite me over when ur reno is done? Lol

Thanks alfredt, 4ddd and yan01 for your replies!

I feel bad for being fickle minded, after thinking it through, I shall stand firm to my decision of it being a full mirror feature wall. Shall remember my original reasons: To make the entrance of the house look bigger + as a place to check my attire before leaving home.

4ddd - if i'm waking up at night to grab drinks or anything, i will make sure to on my lights so as not to scare the **** out of myself :P

yan01 - your suggestion was what i wanted initially too.. but my ID say if mix mirror with laminates, the structure will be weakened and may not last long..

Yeah! Glad u made n firm on a decision :D ... Haha will u invite me over when ur reno is done? Lol

If you don't mind an empty house with all the carpentry works only, when i'm back in July you can come over to take a look! :lol:

I think the house will only be fully furnished in Sept.. long way to go hehe.

Ok deal! Hehe keep me informed :D

If you don't mind an empty house with all the carpentry works only, when i'm back in July you can come over to take a look! :lol:

I think the house will only be fully furnished in Sept.. long way to go hehe.

Hi Jiawen ^^ i think i roughly know which unit is yours judging from the picure you posted here ^^

I am the one asking about the lighting few pages back :D I just got all my lights and bath rooms accessories installed, i used 6 downlight in my living room and led strip for my cove light, and for mine, 6 is really bright enough, lucky i did not go for 8, and saved some $$$ from it ^^ and also install a cute mini crystal light for my entrance, whereby there is like a reflection on the ceiling :)

I see your one is nicely done up and got a really good and reponsible ID where you can rest your mind and let him do his jobs ^^ too bad for me that i am not engaging any ID, if not i will engage your ID. ^^

By the way, do you happen to use remote control to control your downlight or any lights?

Edited by Le0nHart

A good read. Ur ID quote is reasonable for a 5room. Can see that you are/will be a good cook but i wonder why there are 2 sinks. :good: Thank you for your sharing!

Ok deal! Hehe keep me informed :D

Okay!

Hi Jiawen ^^ i think i roughly know which unit is yours judging from the picure you posted here ^^

I am the one asking about the lighting few pages back :D I just got all my lights and bath rooms accessories installed, i used 6 downlight in my living room and led strip for my cove light, and for mine, 6 is really bright enough, lucky i did not go for 8, and saved some $$$ from it ^^ and also install a cute mini crystal light for my entrance, whereby there is like a reflection on the ceiling :)

I see your one is nicely done up and got a really good and reponsible ID where you can rest your mind and let him do his jobs ^^ too bad for me that i am not engaging any ID, if not i will engage your ID. ^^

By the way, do you happen to use remote control to control your downlight or any lights?

Hello Le0nHart, I remember you ;)

I'm not using any demo to control my downlights, just the traditional switches..

Are coordinating your own reno? Or you got a contractor?

I have a habit of scaring myself and walking in the dark... :D

You could get a nightlight too!

LOL, i guess once we get used to the new house, with or without lights should be safe... Actually I think looking into the mirror with nightlight will be scarier! Coz the light will be really small and with the reflection.... Okay my imagination is running wild haha~

A good read. Ur ID quote is reasonable for a 5room. Can see that you are/will be a good cook but i wonder why there are 2 sinks. :good: Thank you for your sharing!

Thanks for dropping by Lin Jie :) I'm not a good cook at all, but my hubby is. So I guess I'm lucky!

My kitchen sink is the Carysil Granite one.. The other rectangular looking sink is for my MBR toilet :lol:

Hi...can share your ID contact please. TIA. :)

Hi,

Do you mind to send me your ID contact and the quotation? Thanks

PM-ed both :)