Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My first night at my new house!

nightlight with mirror...thanks for putting that thought and sending shivers to my hair! I give it a miss then.

Can you please PM me ur ID too? Thanks!

Hi

Would appreciate if you could pm me your id contact and detailed quotation. Thanks in advance!!

Hi guojiawen

can you share your detailed quotation with me as well?

Thank you!

PM-ed all :)

P.s I will no longer be sharing the detailed quotation as I signed with my ID 1/2 year ago and his pricing have increased since. Seek everyones understanding for that. My detailed works and the approximate costs can be found in page 1, post #5 of my blog.

Cheers!

My first night at my new house!

nightlight with mirror...thanks for putting that thought and sending shivers to my hair! I give it a miss then.

Congrats on shifting into your new home!

And oops, sorry to plant the idea into you... Prepare water in your MBR every night. Den will not need to walk out of our room to drink water at night! :D

Renovation Day 32 - 20 May

Window grills installed!

Had to top up a small amount for double frame so that there's no gaps between the window and the window grills frame. For those who have followed my blog all along, this is because I'm intending to install insect screens for my house, and there shouldn't be a gap otherwise insects will still enter my house through them. One option is to silicon the gap. But ID felt that silicon will turn yellow / drop off after some time and is not a permanent solution. So he discussed with his window grills contact and came up with the option of double frame.

Living Room

photo1.jpg

Bedroom - Only showing one as all should look the same.

On a side note I asked my ID to check if my room and kitchen lights are bright enough. He told me they are super bright :good:

photo5.jpg

Service Yard

photo4.jpg

Window installed at service yard as well

photo3-2.jpg

Finally, just a photo to show how the edge of the window grill frame look without gap with my window frame

photo3.jpg

Next up are all the carpentry work. Think kitchen carpentry fabrication has already started. *Excited*

Did some quick discussion on my study + wardrobe room today. He faced some issue due to the structure of the room (part of it protrudes out) and was suggesting some alternatives. We managed to resolve it and he will be sending me the carpentry drawing soon.

Hi Harriette,

If i'm not wrong, my cabinet will have 2 t5 lighting points.

Thanks for the pictures and showing me how it looks! I think our concept is slightly different.. Your t5 is below the cabinet, so there will only be the small internal casing in the back of the cabinet itself.

For mine, my ID will be hiding the t5 light such that it cannot be seen when we look at the cabinet. So the back of the top cabinet will have a hole catered there to house the t5 light. If we look at the top cabinet, the t5 will be hidden from view. That hole will be additional on top of the internal casing, so it will be at least a 2" by 2" uneven pop up inside the back of the top cabinet.. Not sure if I'm describing it well enough?

Btw, your kitchen looks well stocked up, hope you are enjoying your new home :)

Hi,

will your "hole" make it difficult for you to change the T5 light?

For my upstairs "milk station" at the foyer, the sides of the top cabinet are slightly longer than the base and these hide the T5 light and casing.

14035907188_511d85bc30.jpg

image by Harriette_Tan, on Flickr

14035951260_65ac443c83.jpg

The inside of the top cabinet:

14035909138_943767bcf5.jpg

The messy but very useful milk cum computer station where the T5 light is hidden from view.

14222535965_16bf2724e6.jpg

Hi,

will your "hole" make it difficult for you to change the T5 light?

For my upstairs "milk station" at the foyer, the sides of the top cabinet are slightly longer than the base and these hide the T5 light and casing.

14035907188_511d85bc30.jpg

14035951260_65ac443c83.jpg

The inside of the top cabinet:

14035909138_943767bcf5.jpg

The messy but very useful milk cum computer station where the T5 light is hidden from view.

14222535965_16bf2724e6.jpg

Hmm, i think the concept is similar, just that your t5 is at the front of the cabinet, but mine is all the way at the back.. The changing of the light is a good point :good:

I will check with my ID so he leaves sufficient space for us to change the tube easily in the future!

Hello Le0nHart, I remember you ;)

I'm not using any demo to control my downlights, just the traditional switches..

Are coordinating your own reno? Or you got a contractor?

Hi ^^ I got a contractor but sometime my wife and i do some stuff ourselves too.

Do you use city gas water heater?

Edited by Le0nHart

Hi ^^ I got a contractor but sometime my wife and i do some stuff ourselves too.

Do you use city gas water heater?

That's great since u and wife have the time to monitor! Guess can save up quite abit :)

Yup I'm using city gas heater, think uploaded some pics earlier, we chose macro fe10 due to recommendation by the salesperson n the assurance tt there's low complain rates 😋

nice bro~ anyway... anticipating review on your vacuum cleaner u bought from taobao. As i much as i wanted a roomba, it is way too ex for me.. so looking for alternatives :sport-smiley-018:

That's great since u and wife have the time to monitor! Guess can save up quite abit :)

Yup I'm using city gas heater, think uploaded some pics earlier, we chose macro fe10 due to recommendation by the salesperson n the assurance tt there's low complain rates

Yeah! ^^

Did we get the same salesperson or city gas is pushing all using macro fe10. The salesperson that attended to me, also recommend the macro fe10 and gave the same reason as low complain rate, so in the end we also go for macro fe10.

I saw your picture, you fixed your macro fe10 near the toliet, but where or how are you going to get the cold water in and hot water out? And how does it link up the hot water to both of the toliet? Actually i am a bit confuse about how they go about delivery the hot water to the whole house.