Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

nice bro~ anyway... anticipating review on your vacuum cleaner u bought from taobao. As i much as i wanted a roomba, it is way too ex for me.. so looking for alternatives :sport-smiley-018:

I will only get to use it in July, so can only review then :blink:

But price wise, this vacuum which the tb whatsapp chat affectionately named 小白 is definitely alot cheaper :good:

Yeah! ^^

Did we get the same salesperson or city gas is pushing all using macro fe10. The salesperson that attended to me, also recommend the macro fe10 and gave the same reason as low complain rate, so in the end we also go for macro fe10.

I saw your picture, you fixed your macro fe10 near the toliet, but where or how are you going to get the cold water in and hot water out? And how does it link up the hot water to both of the toliet? Actually i am a bit confuse about how they go about delivery the hot water to the whole house.

Haha, maybe it was the same person, or it could be the truth? i was at the Triple One branch, what bout you?

My macro fe10 is on the service yard wall nearer the toilet. Just asked my ID, the water piping won't be up so fast, likely after carpentry is done as I am not overlaying toilet or changing the HDB shower fixture. When it's up I'll post pictures? But I doubt I'll know how they link them up though.. Left it to my ID to coordinate.. :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

Appreciate if you can share your detailed quotation, ID contact details and firm name to me ? TIA
email : h2ooo2h@yahoo.com.sg

Emailed you :)

Happy News!

Recently lots of updates on our estate FB group about foreign "opportunists" trying the gates and doors of our estates in attempt to break in and steal stuff (okay this is not the good news). And I brought up this point to hubby, voicing out my concerns..

And then subtly (erm ok, maybe not that subtly) say that digital lock has in built burglar alarm :notti:

So...... he finally allowed the use of digital lock for our home! YAY! :dancingqueen:

I like to think of it that he agreed due to the burglar alarm, but there's also that uneasy feeling that he don't want to be nagged at to hear about the wonders of digital locks for the next 5 years :lol:

But we get to install the digital lock! The simplest model, but that's more than enough for us at the moment. YAY!

• Like 3

More Carpentry Decisions

Changed my wardrobe abit to cater to the room's structure issue - the 9" protruding part :angry:

739640c03b6d508706f39f6e1812df43.jpg

I had to sacrifice one 19" compartment initially for clothes to become shelving instead :~ My final wardrobe interior is as below.

Special customistion includes:

1. Pull out compartments for 3rd door (no need to reach all the way to the back for items!)

2. Glass top drawers (copy ikea design :P ) for 4th and 5th door

3. Boxed design for 4th door to hold belts etc

photo1-1.jpg

My shoe cabinet drawing was also ready.

Two special customisation done:

1. Small compartment catered to hang long umbrella within the shoe cabinet

2. Drawers below the settee for socks etc

photo2.jpg

ID also informed yesterday that the company that produces my chosen coloured internal PVC has closed down :o

So got to rechoose from the below options (left is the original, 2 on the right are the ones to choose from).

photo3-1.jpg

After some thoughts, thought that it is a blessing in disguise that we get to rechoose the coloured internal PVC, coz theres not brown in our entire house concept (except for the HDB provided doors)!

I asked for grey internal PVC to be in line with my house theme instead. This was what my ID recommended and we went ahead with it. It will be used for our wardrobe + our shoe cabinet.

photo5-1.jpg

I believe that is all... unless my ID comes back with more stuff we need to decide on! Otherwise, they are all fabricating at the moment. :wub:

Happy News!

Recently lots of updates on our estate FB group about foreign "opportunists" trying the gates and doors of our estates in attempt to break in and steal stuff (okay this is not the good news). And I brought up this point to hubby, voicing out my concerns..

And then subtly (erm ok, maybe not that subtly) say that digital lock has in built burglar alarm :notti:

:D It has a high pitched whining sound. Not sure if it scares hardcore burglars, but enough to scare me....haha....

My sister's house lock didn't like me once when I opened the door too fast from inside her place. Good news is -The alarm started shrilling....Bad news is - none of her neighbours cared enough to come out look. LOL....

Your carpentry compartment looks very well thought out. Seems like it will serve you well.

More Carpentry Decisions

Changed my wardrobe abit to cater to the room's structure issue - the 9" protruding part :angry:

739640c03b6d508706f39f6e1812df43.jpg

I had to sacrifice one 19" compartment initially for clothes to become shelving instead :~ My final wardrobe interior is as below.

Special customistion includes:

1. Pull out compartments for 3rd door (no need to reach all the way to the back for items!)

2. Glass top drawers (copy ikea design :P ) for 4th and 5th door

3. Boxed design for 4th door to hold belts etc

photo1-1.jpg

My shoe cabinet drawing was also ready.

Two special customisation done:

1. Small compartment catered to hang long umbrella within the shoe cabinet

2. Drawers below the settee for socks etc

photo2.jpg

ID also informed yesterday that the company that produces my chosen coloured internal PVC has closed down :o

So got to rechoose from the below options (left is the original, 2 on the right are the ones to choose from).

photo3-1.jpg

After some thoughts, thought that it is a blessing in disguise that we get to rechoose the coloured internal PVC, coz theres not brown in our entire house concept (except for the HDB provided doors)!

I asked for grey internal PVC to be in line with my house theme instead. This was what my ID recommended and we went ahead with it. It will be used for our wardrobe + our shoe cabinet.

photo5-1.jpg

I believe that is all... unless my ID comes back with more stuff we need to decide on! Otherwise, they are all fabricating at the moment. :wub:

Happy News!

So...... he finally allowed the use of digital lock for our home! YAY! :dancingqueen:

I like to think of it that he agreed due to the burglar alarm, but there's also that uneasy feeling that he don't want to be nagged at to hear about the wonders of digital locks for the next 5 years :lol:

But we get to install the digital lock! The simplest model, but that's more than enough for us at the moment. YAY!

Welcome to digital lock!

I had mine too, Yale model. its a blessing to throw rubbish without carrying keys.

the fingerprint thingy needs some tuning of my finger! It took me at least 3 times to get it right. Well, worst case, I fall back to the number.

Haha, maybe it was the same person, or it could be the truth? i was at the Triple One branch, what bout you?

My macro fe10 is on the service yard wall nearer the toilet. Just asked my ID, the water piping won't be up so fast, likely after carpentry is done as I am not overlaying toilet or changing the HDB shower fixture. When it's up I'll post pictures? But I doubt I'll know how they link them up though.. Left it to my ID to coordinate.. :lol:

My one also at somerset branch...haha

Sure, looking forward to your picture ^^ my contractor don know that we will need to lay new pipe to both bathroom and we also don know about it..headache..haha.

Today my contractor going to do up all the carpentery work, i think should be finished by this saturaday, hehe, later my wife and i are going up to have a look, so excited. haha

By the way, you are using digital lock? How are they going to install on the door?

Edited by Le0nHart

:D It has a high pitched whining sound. Not sure if it scares hardcore burglars, but enough to scare me....haha....

My sister's house lock didn't like me once when I opened the door too fast from inside her place. Good news is -The alarm started shrilling....Bad news is - none of her neighbours cared enough to come out look. LOL....

Haha, hardcore burglars sound scary.. So the burglar alarm is not loud enough to attract attention? Or maybe your sis switched off the alarm too fast, so the neighbours know it's a false alarm :lol:

Your carpentry compartment looks very well thought out. Seems like it will serve you well.

Thanks Harriette! Now I'm just hoping there's enough storage in the bomb shelter. Realised we didn't do much storage space aside from clothings and shoes..

Welcome to digital lock!

I had mine too, Yale model. its a blessing to throw rubbish without carrying keys.

the fingerprint thingy needs some tuning of my finger! It took me at least 3 times to get it right. Well, worst case, I fall back to the number.

Haha 4ddd, mine is just RFID cards and pin numbers.. But I'm already v happy with that! Next home upgrade to those with fingerprints ability :dribble:

Do you still lock your metal gate with the Yale digi lock? I'm contemplating whether we still need to..

My one also at somerset branch...haha

Sure, looking forward to your picture ^^ my contractor don know that we will need to lay new pipe to both bathroom and we also don know about it..headache..haha.

Today my contractor going to do up all the carpentery work, i think should be finished by this saturaday, hehe, later my wife and i are going up to have a look, so excited. haha

By the way, you are using digital lock? How are they going to install on the door?

Oh! Then there's a high likelihood we got the same salesperson :lol:

For the hot water piping, it's not so much as to lay new pipes as there's already concealed piping done up by HDB, but to connect extra water piping to the concealed piping. If your contractor don't know about that, you may like to consider getting a plumber to do that job. Gas leak would be scary if it's not done properly..

And your reno is going fast! Will you be sharing your home reno too? Share the lovely post-reno pics with us :wub:

Yup will be using digital lock. My ID or his contractor can help to install FOC.. There's a youtube video on how to self-install and it looks idiot proof enough.

Btw, pardon my failing memory, but are you in blk E as well? :P

Hi,

Your quote of 30k for your proposed works, was this figure revised?

I am just doing my living room ,kitchen and master bed toilet and I was quoted 23k! No granite top nor laying of floor tiles nor aircon. Your price is very reasonable,

Care to share your Id contact and the breakdown of costs? jo_tys@hotmail.com

Thanks