Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Minor Updates

Hubby was just wondering 2 days back tt our ID have not updated us much on our reno. I reminded him that there's nothing to update as everything is in the carpentry workshop being fabricated right now. LOL.

Just after he asked, the same day our ID whatsapp to confirm on the colour for our toilet vanity.

Today, he sent the dimensions for our bomb shelter mirrored feature wall..

photo.jpg

Looking at the carpentry of the other tblogs, I can't help but feel super excited about ours! But at the beginning of our reno, we already told our ID we are in no rush, so he said he won't rush the fabrication and will do a great job for us. Now all we can do is wait for updates!

*Patience Patience Breath in Breath out!*

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi can u pm me your contractor details n quote? can't seem to pm you :)

Cleared my inbox and PM-ed :)

P.s am no longer sharing my detailed quote to be fair to my ID, but you can check out my detailed works + approx quote in post #5.

Cheers!

Update on City Gas $120 Installation Charges

City Gas replied my email today (super promptly since I only emailed them yesterday!)

The charge is as what Apple shared - for the gas piping to our cooker hob and for the connection to the hob point. The free gas pipe installation is to the heater only.

Oh well, must remember to read the fine prints next time!

Budgeting for Renovation

My carpentry works are still fabricating so no updates on renovation work for now.

Just wanted to share a good excel file I found when I was googling for renovation related stuff late last year. This file has been a great help with my reno budgeting so far. It is very helpful for those who are at a loss where to start, or for budget conscious home owners, who don't wish to go crazy buying stuff only to realise your reno budget has burst. By then it will be too late.

The excel is already prepped with all the formulas and sectioned into various areas. We just have to key in the cost of what we purchased and it will tally the total amount at the bottom. I added in another column to record what I bought beside the price for easy reference as and when I need it.

Here's the link - Renovation Budgeting :)

• Like 1

Thanks for confirmation. I was surprised by that cost too. Was told its for the piping...and the ID took care of that!

Thanks for confirmation. I was surprised by that cost too. Was told its for the piping...and the ID took care of that!

You mean your ID took care of the gas piping? :o

I thought only City Gas can do gas piping and our ID take care of the water piping?

• Like 1

Hi Jiawen, is the paint on skirting a permanent thing? Is it possible to remove the paint in future should we want back the original skirting colour?

Hi Jiawen, is the paint on skirting a permanent thing? Is it possible to remove the paint in future should we want back the original skirting colour?

Hi gemini,

I believe it is permanent as it's painted over directly. If we want back the original colour, probably will have to find a similar tone paint and paint over the white..

Hi Jiawen, appreciate if you could pm me the details of yr Id! Thank you very much!=)

PM-ed :)

Minor Update for TV Feature Wall

My TV feature wall is full height and 8ft - Image here

ID just contacted me today and updated that as the laminate pieces are too big, there will be two stainless steel strips (about 6mm width) used to cover the entire joint lines between the white and grey laminate. So it will look like an added element of design with silver between the white and grey.

Cross finger it will look good in the actual product as I am really bad at visualising!

P.s I've also cleared my inbox, for those who wish to know the ID details, please PM me directly. Thanks! :)

Hi Jiawen,

this is my first post in Renotalk, will be getting the keys to my flat next month. Appreciate it if you can PM me the details of your ID? Many thanks in advance!