Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Hello Jiawen, your house looks great. Do you mind sharing me your id contact details and the breakdown of the quotation? Tried to pm you but your inbox is full :)

Thank you!

Hi Forever,

I've PM-ed you the contact.

Sorry won't be sharing the breakdown of the quotation to be fair to my ID. You can refer to post #5 for my detailed carpentry works and the approximate cost.

Cheers!

Edited by guojiawen

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks! The mirror made the entrance area looks bigger than it is. I'm happy with how it turned out too :)

For MBR i only did 2 bedside tables. The rest will depend on my choice of bedframe and deco above it. Will show pics when those are ready.

It's a standard flat, but I opted in for the optional component scheme, so it came with HDB doors and tiles.

I see. I assume your flat is near the schools right?

Good to hear that, cos my flat floorplan is similar as yours, was either thinking to conceal the bomb shelter with just similar paint color or to adopt

your mirror idea. haha. Oh may I know how muchh you spend for the mirror concept b.s?

Updates!

Okay I've seen my house in real life for a few times now. Everything looks pretty okay with minor defects here and there (mostly in the internal of the carpentry work).

Here's more pictures - kitchen with backsplash up.

Entrance

D29B0FC0-181B-45FA-B5A3-515709B8B666.jpg

Hood + Hob Side

97E2537F-12B2-4D94-B700-E664D593B8CA.jpg

Oven Side

A04F5038-E2A4-4224-B811-F8E817029077.jpg

Oven side with lights on

D822335D-2B47-4A20-BE57-FFED6A836A2F.jpg

Shoe cabinet / divider complete with settee cushion

D3D3CD62-6077-4E37-AF14-7F55BE55B337.jpg

Complete TV feature wall + console

0C0B28F8-2BA5-4ECB-AB3F-E389F31CD326.jpg

More Updates!

Perhaps the only thing I find more glaring in terms of the carpentry work was the joint lines of the laminates. My dad used to work in the carpentry line and said this is normal. But I went around checking out my cousin and friend's house, the joint lines are not that obvious.. Maybe they used brown coloured laminates so it isn't obvious. Unfortunately for my case, white and grey can't hide that brown joint :(

But I did visit the completed flats of my ID and have seen the joint lines before I signed. It's a clean brown line that is not noticeable from far and doubt people will scrutinise my carpentry work anyway. Showed the pic to my friend and she said it just looks like a design.

Here's a close up of the joint line I am referring to. May be worthy to highlight to your ID if you can't accept it, so they will find solutions for that, perhaps by using a more expensive laminate that can fold over the corner / use a similar colour laminate to cover the line, instead of cutting up the laminate and joining them together at the edges.

E33FCB6B-F994-4613-B4ED-3D8A2656FF6F.jpg

Study table with glass top + drawer

999EEF47-F463-4E18-BFE1-6B647DBF6327.jpg

Toilet cabinet doors ready to be installed onto the vanity

836F6DEA-FF26-4A1A-BDEC-CA17E5EA4A7C.jpg

TV delivered

26817B25-4471-4FC0-87B1-DEA971653CFF.jpg

TV bracket purchased - all ready for mounting

444DF96E-7C88-4A32-9742-44C359FF63CF.jpg

Curtains

My ID also introduced me to a curtain maker he found is quite good. His name is Vincent (not sure if its the same person I saw in others RT t blogs, but we got to meet another partner, Kay instead.

Decided on the below:

1. Living room - 60 to 70% dim-out night curtains (no day curtain)

Colour is pretty true to picture.

96504759-EFFA-488E-BAAB-41171F5D0B4E.jpg

8E40C881-0459-4210-B1D4-30AE9F8E76E5.jpg

2. MBR - 80 - 90% dim-out night curtains (no day curtain)

Colour is more true to 2nd picture.

D05A48C6-FD3D-4F56-BD4B-44CF57C1EA9A.jpg

3CCF59D9-9AE1-4CD6-BAD3-4712FE9E7DBB.jpg

3. BR2 & 3 - 95% dim-out roller blinds

B15A6EEB-2ECF-45F9-8AF4-B98C3368AEAC.jpg

Will show more pictures when the curtains are up. They are a local based company with pretty competitive prices. If services are good, will reveal their contacts and pricing as well.

Curtains

Could I have your contacts for the curtain maker.I ve just get the key to my resale EM at block 788B ,woodlands crescent.Thanks in advance..

My ID also introduced me to a curtain maker he found is quite good. His name is Vincent (not sure if its the same person I saw in others RT t blogs, but we got to meet another partner, Kay instead.

Decided on the below:

Will show more pictures when the curtains are up. They are a local based company with pretty competitive prices. If services are good, will reveal their contacts and pricing as well.

Curtains

Decided on the below:

Could I have your contacts for the curtain maker? I ve just got my keys to my EM at 788B , woodlands crescent.Thanks in advance.

I see. I assume your flat is near the schools right?

Good to hear that, cos my flat floorplan is similar as yours, was either thinking to conceal the bomb shelter with just similar paint color or to adopt

your mirror idea. haha. Oh may I know how muchh you spend for the mirror concept b.s?

Yup my service yard faces the school field. Can hear all the active happy kids during recess time haha.

My bomb shelter feature wall is approx 6ft at $720. I used normal mirror, if I'm not mistaken tinted ones maybe more ex.. :)

Wow.... 60 inches! Cool!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::bow::bow::good::good:

More Updates!

Perhaps the only thing I find more glaring in terms of the carpentry work was the joint lines of the laminates. My dad used to work in the carpentry line and said this is normal. But I went around checking out my cousin and friend's house, the joint lines are not that obvious.. Maybe they used brown coloured laminates so it isn't obvious. Unfortunately for my case, white and grey can't hide that brown joint :(

But I did visit the completed flats of my ID and have seen the joint lines before I signed. It's a clean brown line that is not noticeable from far and doubt people will scrutinise my carpentry work anyway. Showed the pic to my friend and she said it just looks like a design.

Here's a close up of the joint line I am referring to. May be worthy to highlight to your ID if you can't accept it, so they will find solutions for that, perhaps by using a more expensive laminate that can fold over the corner / use a similar colour laminate to cover the line, instead of cutting up the laminate and joining them together at the edges.

Study table with glass top + drawer

Toilet cabinet doors ready to be installed onto the vanity

TV delivered

26817B25-4471-4FC0-87B1-DEA971653CFF.jpg

TV bracket purchased - all ready for mounting

I see. 700 seems reasonable since its quite a huge mirror. Yes I can hear them too, my flat is jus opp both of the school too. I think there's digital expo fair. got sell washing machines etc. Maybe u can check there out for any remaining equipments tat u need haha

Could I have your contacts for the curtain maker? I ve just got my keys to my EM at 788B , woodlands crescent.Thanks in advance.

How much they quote u?

PM-ed both!

Wow.... 60 inches! Cool!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::bow::bow::good::good:

Haha, hubby says no TV in room. So we decided to indulge in a bigger TV in the living room :D

I see. 700 seems reasonable since its quite a huge mirror. Yes I can hear them too, my flat is jus opp both of the school too. I think there's digital expo fair. got sell washing machines etc. Maybe u can check there out for any remaining equipments tat u need haha

I've bought all my electronic stuffs.. Looking for furnitures now. Please share if you know of any lobangs! :P

Anyway, just curious, are we neighbours from the same estate? Coz you mention your flat is also opposite the schools.. Haha.

Movable condition... So clean now!!! When's the lucky charcoal date?

Yup it's pretty clean already! Just need two or three more complete clean + wipe down. But not moving in so soon... Likely in Sept. One more module to go. I can't wait to move in too.. :wub: