Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

The thread is moving fast and furious! Many new home owners sharing their journey and that's great haha.

Just recalled I have taken photos of the actual turnout of my wardrobe configuration :)

First compartment - Shelvings

2B0747CE-16F7-467A-BFD7-84CFB88D9A64.jpg

Second compartment - For bags, drawers n clothes.

368510DA-8D5D-4F2A-A3E4-4DE06E053A39.jpg

Third compartment - For clothes and some drawers.

5DA9A9F7-2E5E-428A-A97E-2486DA44D966.jpg

Fourth compartment - Hubby's corner.

AD57AE0C-9E33-4522-B230-01854D2467FB.jpg

Mirrors at each compartment for convenient trying of clothes!

32A19DEA-AFE3-4EFF-990E-B7C25BCCFCC4.jpg

Certainly hope the space is enough!

• Like 4

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For those interested to read through my entire renovation journey but don't wish to go through the full 19 pages with lots of requests for PMs, I'm finally almost done transferring my tips and posts to my personal blog, plus written a few additional posts about renovation there that is not in this t-blog.

Can understand everyone's pain coz I went through the "research" part too. Haha. Have read through so many t-blogs when I was researching that I became blurry eyed. So might be easier if you guys go directly to www.guojiawen.com and choose the tags - Dream Home / Renovation :) All the relevant posts will show up there.

Am almost done with the renovation part... and will be moving on to blog more about the furnishing and decoration, and also about my taobao purchases. All $2000+ worth of them. My hubby nearly fainted when I told him how much I spent! :ph34r:

• Like 2

For those interested to read through my entire renovation journey but don't wish to go through the full 19 pages with lots of requests for PMs, I'm finally almost done transferring my tips and posts to my personal blog, plus written a few additional posts about renovation there that is not in this t-blog.

Can understand everyone's pain coz I went through the "research" part too. Haha. Have read through so many t-blogs when I was researching that I became blurry eyed. So might be easier if you guys go directly to www.guojiawen.com and choose the tags - Dream Home / Renovation :) All the relevant posts will show up there.

Am almost done with the renovation part... and will be moving on to blog more about the furnishing and decoration, and also about my taobao purchases. All $2000+ worth of them. My hubby nearly fainted when I told him how much I spent! :ph34r:

Thanks Jiawen!

Your blog has been quite useful. Thanks for the effort in sharing information.

How's the Sharp TV? For the size it's really worth the money, but i have not really seen the picture quality before.

Thanks Jiawen!

Your blog has been quite useful. Thanks for the effort in sharing information.

How's the Sharp TV? For the size it's really worth the money, but i have not really seen the picture quality before.

No prob alphaev7! Glad it has been helpful :)

Have used the Sharp TV briefly when setting it up, when close up it was not a very pleasant experience. Standing at the sofa area, image is a lot better. The display set at mega discount store looks sharp, but I feel the image is not as sharp as the newer versions of TV out in the market today. This TV was launched in 2012 if i'm not mistaken. I guess will need to trial and error and calibrate the TV to the best performance possible..

If you are still keen, I got it for $1699 from Lion City Co in Jan. They are selling for $1628 now. But do note it does not support digital TV. By 2015 I think all TVs in SG needs to support digital to watch local shows. Exception is if we sign for cable TV / buy a digital box. Only then can we still watch local TV.

Anw, the mister and I are very qin cai (easy going) with TVs, so as long as we can watch we are happy haha. That's why went for bigger and cheapest. If particular about the TV images, I think there are definitely better TVs out there. With the constant IT sales, have heard of 60" TVs going for lower end of $2000 :)

Cool finally over.. Waiting sept now!

Haha yes! I can't help but have this habit to keep visualising / day dreaming how the house will look like after its fully furnished and decorated.

Can't wait...!

Hey. I would like to ask about your kitchen glass door as I'm doing the same. When open up and lean against your wall is the door opened @ 90 degree? I noticed your door handle didn't contact really contact the wall. Any stopper required? My neighbor did the glass door and the wind kept slamming on it. No idea if the hinge would make a difference.

Hi Jiawen,

Your carpentry work look very impressive. Could you share your ID Contact and Quote at jungor@gmail.com ? Thank you so much !

Hi jorgun,

You can refer to post #730 above for my ID details :)

To read the entire renovation journey without the interruptions of requests for PMs, you can go to my personal blog here.

Cheers!

Edited by guojiawen

Hey. I would like to ask about your kitchen glass door as I'm doing the same. When open up and lean against your wall is the door opened @ 90 degree? I noticed your door handle didn't contact really contact the wall. Any stopper required? My neighbor did the glass door and the wind kept slamming on it. No idea if the hinge would make a difference.

Hi cuttiz,

It could be slightly less than 90 degree as my ID placed a translucent stopper on the wall that is in contact with the door handle to prevent us from accidentally slamming against it.

It's something that looks like this and is pasted on the kitchen wall:

il_340x270.369017090_812y.jpg

No stopper required to make it stay in place, once we opened it, it pretty much stayed in position..

Do you mean the wind in your neighbour's place is so strong that it blows open the door when it is supposed to be closed?

Taobao and Tmall Loots

Have finally submitted my final purchases of my taobao and tmall loots today! Spent a grand total of approximately 12k RMB or $2450 SGD excluding my robot vacuum and chandelier purchased earlier :jawdrop:

Will be sharing them in categories over the next few posts!

Taobao and Tmall Loots

Have finally submitted my final purchases of my taobao and tmall loots today! Spent a grand total of approximately 12k RMB or $2450 SGD excluding my robot vacuum and chandelier purchased earlier :jawdrop:

Will be sharing them in categories over the next few posts!

Hey that means you save at least $2450 SGD if you buy those stuff from SG

Hey that means you save at least $2450 SGD if you buy those stuff from SG

True that. I think I saved more than $2450 SGD in total as compared to buying from SG. Should have chanced upon the TB group earlier... If so, I think I'd have bought my lights, toilet accessories, sink etc all from there. Greater savings! :good:

However having said that, I have also bought many things I wouldn't otherwise have bought in SG. The number of posters and frames I've purchased is definitely an overkill. I hope I have enough walls to hang them all.... :unsure: