Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Hello jiawen,Do u mind sharing yr id contact with me? Thanks very much :)

Hi, I am getting my BTO flat next month. Can you please share your detailed quotation with breakdown and your ID's contact? Thks!

wyx03_2002@yahoo.com

Hi both,

My ID contacts are in my signature / shared in post #730 :)

Hi wyx03_2002,

Sorry I won't be sharing the detailed quotation breakdown anymore. It will be more accurate to get a quote based on your own renovation requirements.

Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha ya, can't wait! How r you in your new home so far? :lol:

I think shopping on taobao and tmall + all the liaising on aliwangwang with the sellers and QQ with my agent definitely up-ed my chinese level a lot.

Win-win! Cheap stuff + brush up my chinese at the same time :good:

But buying from SG has its pros as well. No lemon goods. I'm now crossing fingers my stuff come safe and sound!

So far so good, now always lazing around during weekend than going out..lol

I am looking forward to the stuff you are buying..hehe ^^

Sofa Shopping

And so... today hubby and I went around shopping for sofa at IMM, The Furniture Mall beside IMM and Sungei Kadut. No fabric sofa for us as hubby don't like the feel of fabric sofa and we are afraid of accidental spills when kids come along in the future. I love L shaped sofas, so we set out looking for that.

Didn't really look much around IMM as I had the impression that they should be pricier than the outlets that we'll be visiting. So just walked around looking at designs. Visited Sungei Kadut next (instead of The Furniture Mall just beside IMM :bangwall: as I thought there should be more choices at Kadut area).

Went to the higher end shops at the beginning, looking for full or half leather sofas - Castilla, Star Living Furniture - Lucano, Sanzio - Handson. Saw a somewhat similar sofa as the picture at Castilla and Handson that I was so tempted to get. But they quoted 3k+ and that exceeded our budget. It's a 2.9m sofa with 1.8mm full cowhide leather. They were pretty atas and didn't provide options for half leather though.

ScreenShot2014-07-15at84457pm.png

So we had to manage our expectations. In the end we decided that we will only be using the sofa for 5 yrs before moving on to a new home and likely won't bring the sofa along. So we headed out to more mass market shops to take a look - Nova, Uninnova, Novena and a few others. Didn't really find anything we like there.

From high end leather sofas to mass market was too much difference :blink: I went around poking at sofa to determine the leather thickness, is it real leather and blah blah blah. Only a phrase to conclude - we get what we pay for. I very much prefer the high end leather sofa. But 3k+ was seriously too much :~

Didn't manage to find anything from Nova, Uninnova and Novena so decided to try Lorenzo at The Furniture Mall (yes, we went all the way back there!). Didn't find anything we like there too. But we still walked around and entered Star Living Furniture.

Saw this full synthetic leather model with a simple and sleek design that we really like! Deliberated back and forth and went to the shop like 3 times before we finally confirmed it. Details in the picture. $1,290 and comes with 1 year warranty for the synthetic leather, 2 years for the mechanical parts and 5 years for the structure I think.

ScreenShot2014-07-15at84251pm.png

Star Living Furniture says strictly no bargaining across their outlets :dunno: so no further discount received.

To maximise its life span, we'll shield it from direct heat and sunlight and just cross fingers the sofa can last at least 4 years without cracking or peeling! Guess it should help that our living room won't get direct sunlight + it's not so hot.

P.s. Any tips about how else to maintain full synthetic leather aka PVC / PU leather?

I think it too expensive, I just bought a sofa from Exclusive, it at the building beside IMM,

3 seater electric recliner, half leather at $1,420, 5 years warranty on the mechanism, 1 year warranty on leather.

will try to post the photo as i still have problem learning to post photo here.

Edited by Woods72

Thanks Jia Wen! :)

Most welcome!

So far so good, now always lazing around during weekend than going out..lol

I am looking forward to the stuff you are buying..hehe ^^

Haha, lazing around to enjoy your new home, I think I will do the same too!

Will post the actual loots when they arrive. Can't wait to open the "presents" LOL~

I think it too expensive, I just bought a sofa from Exclusive, it at the building beside IMM,

3 seater electric recliner, half leather at $1,420, 5 years warranty on the mechanism, 1 year warranty on leather.

will try to post the photo as i still have problem learning to post photo here.

Sounds like a good bargain you got there. Will look forward to the photos :good:

Hubby and I have chosen our sofa based on its design and size.. Have not regretted the purchase yet. Hopefully will never regret! But at the point of buying, I really thought its a pretty good bargain compared to similar full leather designs and size that were at least 3.5k up :wacko:

Is it really too expensive? :o

Views for Fibre Broadband

Hubby and I are currently contemplating on our home fibre broadband. We are not considering MyRepublic as we won't need the high speed and Singtel packages doesn't seem enticing to us.

Need some views on whether to choose fibre from M1 or Starhub.

Some background info:

1. Light users

2. Mostly surfing the net / work from home with VPN

Some pros for the M1 package over the Starhub package

- $39

- Speed of 200mbps

- Provides mobile broadband

For the Starhub package

- $39.90

- Speed of 100mbps

- Provides Starhub TV lite FOC

Am leaning towards M1 at the moment as mobile broadband seems more practical and they provide double the speed.

Are there anything I need to take note wrt the two providers or when signing up for the broadband? Appreciate the sharing as my previous home is just using a basic Singtel cable broadband. So no experience with fibre at all. Thanks in advance!

Views for Fibre Broadband

Hubby and I are currently contemplating on our home fibre broadband. We are not considering MyRepublic as we won't need the high speed and Singtel packages doesn't seem enticing to us.

Need some views on whether to choose fibre from M1 or Starhub.

Some background info:

1. Light users

2. Mostly surfing the net / work from home with VPN

Some pros for the M1 package over the Starhub package

- $39

- Speed of 200mbps

- Provides mobile broadband

For the Starhub package

- $39.90

- Speed of 100mbps

- Provides Starhub TV lite FOC

Am leaning towards M1 at the moment as mobile broadband seems more practical and they provide double the speed.

Are there anything I need to take note wrt the two providers or when signing up for the broadband? Appreciate the sharing as my previous home is just using a basic Singtel cable broadband. So no experience with fibre at all. Thanks in advance!

Need landline? Or you can consider hubber if your mobile is StarHub too.

Hi,

Could you pm me your fengshui master and total cost of renovation and cost of fsm? Thank you!

PM-ed :)

Need landline? Or you can consider hubber if your mobile is StarHub too.

Nop, we will be making do without a landline. Pretty much contacted people with our HP nowadays.. If I don't recall wrongly, the M1 fibre will come with complimentary landline through the ONT device but I got to check for Starhub..

Our mobile are from M1 and Singtel and still in the midst of phone contracts :dunno:

Singtel will never be on my list for anything.

I will choose Viewquest or starhub. Viewquest is you will be fully supported by them and good customer services, but a bit expensive, no personal experience with them. Starhub, my parents house has been with them for more than 10 years, quick in getting line up if it is down. And i have forgotten paying the bill a few times and there is twice whereby the line got cut off but resume almost straight away after you call them about it. Overall quite good experience with them. They seem to limit when you are torrenting.

I regret a bit for MR because their customer service is almost non-existence, you can be put on hold for more than 45 minutes and still no one picking up your calls -_- basically you will be like getting in touch with them on the first time installation and that's it. Some china website always got problem and they are slow in getting it done. The only positive side is cheap with 1gbps, and if you download a lot.

Edited by Le0nHart

I ditched Singtel many years ago cos i tot they were getting from bad to...err...more bad. hard to get thru..their CS was not taking my concerns seriously..can even hear them sniggering over the phone..when i told them i had connection problems..to cut a long story short..i tried Starhub..so far...no problems..4 years & counting...bottomline here is..quite simple..if the ISP can't even provide a decent service..why even bother.

i took up my fibre with M1, if you have 3 contracts with them, you will be able to get 25% discount (if i didnt rmb wrongly). i did have a phone line connected with the ONT device, tried calling a couple of time and the quality of the line is good, just like a normal land line. I'm a light user like u, some email, some k-drama, no problem with the speed and with the 1g mobile data, m1 provide the best value for money package.

when i sign up, they do provide 1yr free subscription to their mibox, but there is a catch for this. u cant cancel the subscription after 1yr. so u will start paying $8plus per month for it for another year. have a look if the programs are something you will be interested in.

Thanks Giselle, my ID just updated it's 2cm thick. Prob it just doesn't look so from the pic..

Didn't know that we can choose the thickness of the granite top till I went to google more last night. Always thought it comes as a thick slab haha!

My hubby looked at the pic and prefers it thin n not so chunky though, so I guess it works out well for us..

One a side note: For those considering granite top, may be good to confirm the thickness of the top when your ID quote you for it.. Just in case your preference and what the ID provides differ!

Hi Jiawen,

Went to Jason yesterday to get quotes for our resale unit.. N i mentioned this to him.. he was jokingly asking tat if u still niam him about the thickness till tdy.. he is a funny man.. Hope the 2cm thickness is wrking fine for u.. :)

Edited by Celtricia