Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Missed out two other updates

- Installation of bomb shelter racks completed

- Signed up for M1 promotion - $29 for 100mbps plan!

:dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

More Taobao / Tmall sharing

Items for our Service Yard

Includes the following items:

- Broom & mop holder

- Laundry powder holder

- Laundry backets

Photos here

Items for our Toilet

Includes the following items:

- DeHub toilet brush and holder

- Eko 5L dustbin

- Soap dispenser

- Memory foam toilet mats

- Bath towels

- Clothes hangers

- Toilet sign

- Posters

Photos here

Can share the link for the soap dispensers and memory foam toilet mats?

:D

Have not found time to update my blog till now. Just started work n there's so many things to do but so little time!

I remember someone asked me for the photos of the pull out portion of my wardrobe. Here's the pics :)

Front view

A0F88393-6546-40BF-A097-A4C3FE1D50BE_zps

Side view

C30E5F6B-DFFB-4AAC-995A-EE393E637001_zps

I ditched Singtel many years ago cos i tot they were getting from bad to...err...more bad. hard to get thru..their CS was not taking my concerns seriously..can even hear them sniggering over the phone..when i told them i had connection problems..to cut a long story short..i tried Starhub..so far...no problems..4 years & counting...bottomline here is..quite simple..if the ISP can't even provide a decent service..why even bother.

Waa.singtel shld read ur post and count how much they lost for 4 yrs of subscription if they have provide a better service to you..

maybe they only focus on Corporate customers and think we individuals customer not impt. :(

can share the links for:

Broom / mop / rag holder.

white storage ottoman

posters (do they come with the frames?)

Hi Irene,

Sure, links below:

Broom / mop / rag holder - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.1.SpZkv5&id=10273914736&_u=j1op0lljc544&areaId=&user_id=582913928&is_b=1&cat_id=50030251

White storage ottoman - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.3.2.NN4Bmk&id=13533287574&taskid=1659859

Posters - Which ones? They all come with frames :)

Hello Jiawen, I'm looking for an ID too... N u gt a very reasonable package. :) Can share ur detail quote and ID's contact? My email is hoseiboh88@hotmail.com Thx!

Edited by KHLLKH

Hi babe, can share ur Id contact? Thanks!

Hello Jiawen, I'm looking for an ID too... N u gt a very reasonable package. :) Can share ur detail quote and ID's contact? My email is hoseiboh88@hotmail.com Thx!

Hi both,

My ID contacts are in my signature / shared in post #730 :)

Hi KHLLKH,

Sorry I won't be sharing the detailed quotation breakdown anymore. It will be more accurate to get a quote based on your own renovation requirements.

Cheers!

More Updates

And so... as the auspicious day to move in nears, we have further updates on our end!

Bought the remaining electrical appliances / household items from Kallang Mega Discount Store based on the salesperson recommendations.

- Tefal iron

- Ironing board

- Rowenta garment steamer

- Hitachi 1 litre rice cooker + steamer

- Tefal kettle

Have also bought the following items for household cleaning / dishwashing / hand soap etc.

- Dr Bronner's Castile Soap (Baby mild)

- Dr Wood's Castile Soap (Tea tree)

- Spray Bottles

- Ecoballs + Dryer Balls

- JML Shark Steam Mop

- Magic Clean Duster

- Magic Clean Wet + Dry Wipes

- New Broom and Dustpan

Armed with a whole load of cleaning agents (trying to keep to organic and more eco-friendly alternatives where possible), hubby and I have been cleaning and cleaning whenever we have the time. But the house is still sooooooo dusty! Heard that it is cement dust and it won't go away so fast. Hubby also mentioned that with the renovation of neighbours + the new BTO nearby, it is next to impossible to keep the place squeaky clean. Sigh~

What we have tried (in the order typed):

1. Sweep

2. Vacuum

3. Robot vacuum

4. Magi clean wet wipes

5. Shark steam mop

6. Repeat

For the first 3 steps we must have repeated at least 3 times. But even then, when we use the wet wipes and steam mop, both left streaks on the floor, which I strongly suspect are left there due to the small dust particles that are still not cleaned despite 3 times of steps 1 to 3! :bangwall:

Any tips to clean up the cement dust / dust particles will be really really appreciated! :huh:

Jiawen, the best way is still to use floor detergent a cloth to wipe using hands, if use mop sometimes may not be that effective and may scratch the floor (tip plastic part of the mop).

Hi Jiawen, you are experience the same thing as me too and i believe it applies to all :D my first few days of cleaning is no matter how many times you vacuum or mop, it will always be dusty. Vacuum and mopping will settled all, you don need to go through that complicated process ^^

EDIT: Don't sweep, you just make the dust go somewhere else in your house :)

Edited by Le0nHart

Jiawen, the best way is still to use floor detergent a cloth to wipe using hands, if use mop sometimes may not be that effective and may scratch the floor (tip plastic part of the mop).

Thanks aspialle, we will go the ultra traditional way this coming weekend with wet floor cloth and run through the entire house. Officially shifting in on Sunday, so die die Saturday must do a total clean up!

We didn't buy the normal mop, so won't have the issue of the plastic part of it.. :)

Hi Jiawen, you are experience the same thing as me too and i believe it applies to all :D my first few days of cleaning is no matter how many times you vacuum or mop, it will always be dusty. Vacuum and mopping will settled all, you don need to go through that complicated process ^^

EDIT: Don't sweep, you just make the dust go somewhere else in your house :)

Haha Le0nHart, I guess we are overzealous about the cleaning so over complicated the simple things! My friend says I have OCD when I told them what I did. :ph34r:

The sweeping was more for bigger particles like loose styrofoam, cupboard pieces, magnets and more. Was afraid of spoiling our vacuum hehe.

Urgent

Anyone bought air purifier at home?

I'm looking at the Honeywell HAP 18200 model. Very obiang looking, but heard that it's a highly recommended hospital grade model. Rakuten is having this 20% off now till 2359hrs tonight at $439.20 instead of the normal $549. Still unsure if I should buy...

Features

• Recommended for a 15' x 18' room (46m2)
  • 5 air changes per hour
  • CADR: 170
  • QuietCareTM sound reducing technology provides ultra quiet operation
  • The Intelli-CheckTM Electronic Filter Indicator reminds you when to replace the True HEPA Filter & Carbon Pre-Filter
  • Electronic Soft-Touch Button Controls, 3 Speeds
  • SurroundSealTM Technology helps minimize air leaks to ensure that the air passes through the filter, capturing particles
  • Product Dimensions - 48(H) x 31(W) x 44(D) cm
  • Replacement Filters: Activated Carbon Pre-Filter HRF-API (Replace when indicator light is on or after 3-4 months time), True HEPA Filter 21500 (Replace when indicator light is on or after 1-2 years of usage)
  • Made In Mexico

Model Number: HAP18200

Any idea?