Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guojiawen

Our Dream Home @ Woodlands Meadow

Oh..ok...so it may cost more for tinted mirrors... gotta take not of that too. :thumbs up:

& that chandelier...awesome! :good:

Yup if decide to put up a big piece of mirror, the ID may just quote u a higher price that includes the range of different mirrors u can choose from. So may be worth to specify the mirror u want (if already decided) and ask him to quote directly..

And yes, awesome is the perfect word for the chandelier! Just crossing fingers magic duster will work it's magic when I'm cleaning it haha!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dun think so, my id quote me same price for both thick and thin. I took thick thou ;p

Hi jia wen

Depends on whether you like thick or thin table top.
One of the ID share with me that nowadays thin looks more modern.
Thicker ones looks like olden days kitchen.

However, I still prefer depth of 2 cm or 4 cm.

But thicker one is more expensive so have to see what your Id quote you.

I am in love right now! My chandelier is up!

Using mobile version right now. Not sure if the pic will load..

EDIT: Pic is up. Think it should be much nicer in real life though. Don't think pic does it justice :bleah:

4A78BCF0-A4C1-4FF5-81B3-A7B47A255ABE.jpg

Thank you twinnie for helping to order on TB and Song for passing it to my sis!

Where's the lights??? :P

Luv ur mirror bomb shelter, but will it block the shelter door? my kitchen top is also about the same thickness as your. my ID **** lousy, he claim that cannot under mount my granite sink.... really !@#@%#%$&^%* him.......

Your hse is progressing well.

Really glad you got a very responsible ID & not to forget credit to your mum too for helping you to keep a lookout...

When back must invite for house visit ~~~ :lol::D

dun think so, my id quote me same price for both thick and thin. I took thick thou ;p

Haha, smart choice there, more value for money! Esp if you like the thicker look of the granite top :lol:

Where's the lights??? :P

You r v sharp! The chandelier doesn't come with the bulbs haha. I will be buying it when I'm back in SG. It's those E14 light bulb that can just "screw" into the light holder :notti:

Luv ur mirror bomb shelter, but will it block the shelter door? my kitchen top is also about the same thickness as your. my ID **** lousy, he claim that cannot under mount my granite sink.... really !@#@%#%$&^%* him.......

Thanks DarkWingz!

The mirror bomb shelter actually have a tic tac door in the middle, that's why got the outline of a door there haha. So we have to open two doors (1st the tic tac mirror door then the bomb shelter door) to access our bomb shelter.

For the granite sink, we did hear from the heritage salesperson that not all IDs are comfortable to undermount them as they can break if not done properly.. Only those who are very confident will dare to help their customers do that. Maybe your ID don't want to take that risk? Somemore granite sinks are not cheap :dunno:

Your hse is progressing well.

Really glad you got a very responsible ID & not to forget credit to your mum too for helping you to keep a lookout...

When back must invite for house visit ~~~ :lol::D

Thanks Songz, without your help my house won't have dining light yet :good:

Yup very thankful my ID is v responsible and we didn't have to worry bout the renovation. Crossing our fingers and toes at the start of our renovation really helps haha. I think my mum went down fewer than 5 times to look and see.. Eye power!

Ons for house visit, if you guys don't mind empty house with only carpentry work in July? If want to see after furnishings and deco, can come for round 2 in Sept :P

I like the chandelier u have the link?

Hi aspialle, thanks for dropping by my blog :)

The chandelier link is http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.4.w4004-4061643740.10.BfsDgv&id=3896038655.

It came in a nicely packed box with the components neatly placed in styrofoam within the box. No casualty for the item.The E14 lightbulb has to be purchased separately and is not included.

EDIT: Pic of the tmall packaging. pretty solid!

BD119565-993F-449F-80F9-C67FF332F433.jpg

Pricing has increased though, its now 339.50rmb. I got it at 279.50rmb during promotion, about SGD$12 difference.

Edited by guojiawen

Hi there,

Decided to use gas heater for the savings it will bring.. And we bought the granite sink as the mister cannot stand metal / scrapping sound against stainless steel :)

Hey babe,

I see. The savings are substantial compared to electrical water heaters? Just wondering if it takes long time to heat up water and if you have to switch it off all the time, like eletrical heaters.

Am considering this for my place as i have no experience with gas heaters at all. Thanks!

Hey babe,

I see. The savings are substantial compared to electrical water heaters? Just wondering if it takes long time to heat up water and if you have to switch it off all the time, like eletrical heaters.

Am considering this for my place as i have no experience with gas heaters at all. Thanks!

hijack ur post =p, for me i find that heating up of water will took about 10min or lesser (did not measure but quite long... i could have finish wetting my head and shampoo while waiting for it to become hot) You can leave the electrical power on as the heater will only start to heat up when it detect water running through (when you on the tap) similar to electrical heater....

• Like 1

Hey babe,

Hey there, it's actually my first time using gas heater as well.. did most of my research in RT and talked to the city gas sales pple.. have not started using so unable to share much =x

So thanks darkwingz for stepping in! haha.

I will actually still off the city gas heater when not used to save electricity.. Since mister and I are both working and likely shower either early in the morning and at night..

• Like 1

hijack ur post =p, for me i find that heating up of water will took about 10min or lesser (did not measure but quite long... i could have finish wetting my head and shampoo while waiting for it to become hot) You can leave the electrical power on as the heater will only start to heat up when it detect water running through (when you on the tap) similar to electrical heater....

Hi DarkWingZ,

Thank for your feedback. That means after the first time someone turn on the tap (water running) the heater will start to heat up.

So if i got back from work with the gas heater on "standby", how long would i need to wait to have hot water when i start to shower?

Hi dear, can you pm me the ID that you are working with? i just bought a 5 room resale with a similar layout like yours! thanks and sorry for the trouble!

Hi dear, can you pm me the ID that you are working with? i just bought a 5 room resale with a similar layout like yours! thanks and sorry for the trouble!

PM-ed you :)