Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AnnieOoi

Budget Kitchen Renovation

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:) My neighbour intro to me before, I have not enquire yet cause my passion for reno is on the dying mode. Hahas, I'll enquire when I officially get my keys this month.

Hi myzticalz, this Jiamei is a family business. David told me he took over his dad. Now his dad is semi retired. Hopefully he does a great job although im always bargaining with him for a gd price. U can consider him if u like what he does for my mum's plc. Will update u with the pics once reno is done. Im told maybe arnd 2 more weeks.

Hi AnnieOoi

So excited to read your t-blog. I'm also planning to do my kitchen and bathrooms. Budget also tight. :(

Can't wait to see your pictures of your kitchen once done. :sport-smiley-004:

Kitchen is finally completed on last Sunday. Went over to mom's place to take a look and its looks pretty good.

Workmanship is good, no hassle with anyone and its fast. Took around 5 days i think??

Anyway to cut the story short, i forgot to take the final works pictures.

Will be going to mom's place again this Sunday and will try to post up the pictures by early next week,

Good day to everyone!!

Hi AnnieOoi

So excited to read your t-blog. I'm also planning to do my kitchen and bathrooms. Budget also tight. :(

Can't wait to see your pictures of your kitchen once done. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi abmi21, i only did kitchen, but i did ask him before if her did bathrooms or any other part of the house, and he said yes.

Will update with pics soon.

Kitchen is finally completed on last Sunday. Went over to mom's place to take a look and its looks pretty good.

Workmanship is good, no hassle with anyone and its fast. Took around 5 days i think??

Anyway to cut the story short, i forgot to take the final works pictures.

Will be going to mom's place again this Sunday and will try to post up the pictures by early next week,

Good day to everyone!!

Congrats on the finished Reno ^^

Hope to see the pics soon.

Hello everyone!!

Finally its Thursday today and finally has time to upload the pictures.

Was so busy at work this past few days, no time to update.

Ok so mum had shifted to new place and we went over last Sunday to assist with the moving.

Due to budget, we moved the stuffs things ourselves :dancingqueen: , carried ourselves :sport-smiley-003: , etc. (We really slept through the night after that :bleah: :bleah:)

Ok, the pictures.

Firstly sorry for the poor photos. Am not a professional photographer, only used handphone for photo taking. Haha.

Took the photos in a rush while shifting the stuffs here and there.

The final works. All checked and everything looks fine and dandy.

Kitchen is messy due to shifting, important thing for now is the cabinets not the minor mess, which will be cleaned and stored properly once all items are in.

20140223 123328

20140223 123337

Pipes had been box up.
David was kind enough to do a layer of tile inside the box unit if ever we need to store any plastic bags or small bottles of detergent.
Previously was just raw cement.

20140223 123356

The inner cabinets was made simple, just nice for a small family.

20140223 123435

20140223 123445

20140223 123502

20140223 123517

20140223 123531

Stove fixed.

20140223 123607

Rubbish chute fixed.

20140223 123410

Photos do not do justice, but physically it was a good job done.
Thats about all the photos that i managed to take on that day.
So sorry am not able to write a long post, have to get back to work.
Have a good day!! :thumbs up::wub:

Simple and practical design which I find it good.

The light tone of the color make the place look very smoothing.

Great work for the kitchen reno

• Like 1

Hi, can share david's contact? Via pm? Im thinking of doing my kitchen this mth and on a budget similar as urs. Can u share your quote too?

Thanks. Love ur post. Gives me hope that budget kitchen is achievable without compromising on looks and function.

Welcome!

Finally found someone with as low a budget as me! I'm not doing the kitchen due to budget same as your mum.

Renotalk blog really see liao saliva drop but everyone budget are so "not budget" even though they put the word "Budget" in the tittle. :bleah:

Camping here so that I can steal your method. lol

Ahahah... I definitely agree with you on that statement. Their "budget" is not budget as ours! I only plan to spend 10k niah as I don't want to take out those renovation loan... :blink:

Finally bought all the necessary items for the kitchen at 1 of the hardware shop at Bukit Batok, (recommended by David as its cheaper then market rate)

Only thing is that all pictures/references have to based on their catalouge as their shop is not big enough to accommodate so many things.

Stove actual price at $370, got further discount on it.

Simple sink, big & deep enough to fit a wok (with tap mounted to 1 side instead of centre) :lol:

Simple tap.

Also bought 2 WC for each bathrooms.

This is the only physical sample that we can see at the shop. Purchased 2 units of similar design with white soft closing lids.
Lids will not be greenish as per sample. :sport-smiley-004:
In all spent less then $750.00 (before GST hor).
Deliveries for these items will be between the shop and David, heng ah my life will be easier. Already got so many other things in my hand.
1st downpayment made on Sunday 09/02, and today they will start to craft out the cabinets 1st at their own worksite.

Annie, can you share with me the location of the shop? I am thinking of going there to get some stuff too! Thanks! :)

Hi, can share david's contact? Via pm? Im thinking of doing my kitchen this mth and on a budget similar as urs. Can u share your quote too?

Thanks. Love ur post. Gives me hope that budget kitchen is achievable without compromising on looks and function.

Hi Sygnur, i've PM you. :thumbs up: