Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan01

Settling In A New Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks guys for the greetings! :lol:

The weekends are burnt doing cleaning up. Cleaning has never been that fun hehe, and we really can’t hide our excitement that the reno is finally over … it is really A VERY TIRING PROCESS clearing all the thick dust formed during reno. But well, hehe very happy though tired. The floors are all VERY CLEAN. When I say VERY CLEAN I meant it. I think we have lyk vacuum X5 and mop X5 ….

Hub purposely scheduled the TV and starhub guys to come down on last Friday so there will be entertainment while cleaning … I think this is a very good move! Hehehe u will appreciate it especially when u r eating the dabao food during lunchtime

We first prioritised the living room and bedrooms because delivery was scheduled yesterday. Sofa, dining set, bedframe for mbr, and guest room bed all came yesterday … now my living room doesn’t look spacious anymore :( … we r now left with kitchen cabinets and bomb shelter to clean up this weekend, and we r done! i will take photos after i finish cleaning ....

The sofa delivered yesterday came in the wrong colour :~ … they say we can sit on the sofa first while they arrange an exchange for us in due course. Hai… nth is perfect in this world. :wacko: But on a happy note, the sofa is really comfy!

We then end yesterday by vacuuming the floor, again. :P Hahaha hub commented I’m going to have OCD.

MY OSIM IS COMING TODAY LEH!!

i can't wait to end work immediately lyk now

i dono i got so sway or not :( ... monday sofa deliver wrong colour. yesterday my osim chair came and then produce very loud motor noise when switched on :( .... m so sad.

but what i want to compliment is osim's before and after sales service ... my sales representative is really awesome la~ i told him abt this prob ... he told me its not normal and immediately escalate to the customer service department for me ... he oso ask me to inform him if they nv call me today.

anyway i want to review about the taobao items bought so far:

1) rainshower - very good. sleek looking and almost half the price of those similar kinds i saw in stores. having been using it afew times alr and is enjoying after a long day of house cleaning. i am using 25L joven storage heater, and so far never out of hot water.

2) kitchen tap - very happy with the purchase too. nice design.

3) dual service yard tap - haven't attach my washing machine to it, but it looks ok.

4) modal bedsheet - we buy this as testing for our guest room's bed. somehow the smallest size taobao sell is super single, but we still insist of buying =X .... nv regret of this buy as the material is really soft and smooth ... now the single size bed hav lotsa extra cloth chuck underneath the mattress ....

5) dustbin that can automatically open the lid by sensor detection - its fun to play with the dustbin :P ... it look quite nice, though i think the photo looks nicer. other than that haha it jus a dustbin lo =X

6) ceramic coaster - it wasn't the kind of coaster i'm looking for, which couldn't be differentiate from the photo. so this wasn't the seller fault, but this wasn't the right purchase. alittle disappointed when i receive the goods but tts the risk of online shopping :)

will be coming up with a new shopping list of accessories from taobao soon!

haven't been updating my tblog, cos i simply hv no time n the cleaning process is nv ending ... whenever new delivery comes, the hse will get dirty, I will buay tahan, n clean the hse again... :P ... n the cycle repeats itself over n over again.
we didn't hire any movers, n hav been shifting our things bit by bit over the weekends ... so the hse is kind of always messy for decent photo taking ... hehe hope to take nice nice photos after settling down soon!

my labour day project is to setup my display cabinet ... :wub:

14089800914_436aae786d_b.jpg

n i I must say ... the dyson vacuum is really good ... hahaha thnx guys for recommending! :good:

Congrats on moving in... A cosy place.. I also got my key around same time as you and hit the CNY period...

Can understand the long long wait...

• Like 1

yeah man ... finally long long wait is overr!~ hows ur reno going on? :lol:

Congrats on moving in... A cosy place.. I also got my key around same time as you and hit the CNY period...

Can understand the long long wait...

hehe thnx songz, hope u hv a smooth reno ahead! waiting to c more updates from u~ :dribble:

Congrats on the finished Reno.

Whole place look very bright and spacious :good: