Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan01

Settling In A New Home

once a while, cellini has sales over weekend. sometimes, they bundle items, sometimes, they offer discounts.

check these out too if you are not in a hurry to buy from them and save some $$.

love your couch! Never thought to check out cellini but i definitely will now!

Or maybe just copy the picture for someone to custom. lol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hahaha indeed. Till now I haven 100% shift all my things over n I alr find packing/unpacking every wkend very tiring .. Jiayou! :D

i tot you moved some time...:D

just when i tot reno is the tough process, now i know the really tough part are unpacking!!!

I think cellini offers quite a good range of furniture so u can go check out., especially the loyang main outlet.

Alfredt is right ... The deals are pretty attractive n I oso bought my sofa during one of their sales :) they oso will collaborate with other brands once awhile (like Toshiba) to have a showroom sales ... They always post their promo on Facebook so u can check b4 u visit ... Enjoy shopping ~~~

love your couch! Never thought to check out cellini but i definitely will now!

Or maybe just copy the picture for someone to custom. lol

Thanks!

once a while, cellini has sales over weekend. sometimes, they bundle items, sometimes, they offer discounts.

check these out too if you are not in a hurry to buy from them and save some $$.

Hahaha cos reno is not u doing ma ... The cleaning n unpacking is u doing it ... So extra tough!!!

Lol mine is a complicated situation ... Hub alr moved in officially after our official move in date, but I still normally stay at parents' home becos we only rom n haven't go tru the traditional wedding ceremony yet ... Hahaa now I stay over the house during weekends like going staycation like that :X .... Becos of tt we didn't use a mover and I'm bringing my stuff over bit by bit ...

i tot you moved some time... :D

just when i tot reno is the tough process, now i know the really tough part are unpacking!!!

I have this qn to ask, and hope some expert n help me with this ... Thnx in advance!!~

I am using starhub fibre broadband.

Currently my game room tel pt is converted to a lan pt ... Planning for additional router there to improve the wireless. But currently we r not using it yet.

So inside my DB box the optical fibre TP is connected to the ONT port1 and then Cat6 cable out from ONT to the default lan pt provided by hdb which terminates at the tv console. The lan pt at the tv console then has a Cat6 cable connected to a wireless router. I then have devices like soundbar, android box etc connected to the router ....

Now back to the DB box. For testing, I then try to connect the new lan pt to the ONT port2. Then when I connect the laptop directly to the terminated lan pt in game room, I can't receive any signal.

Qn 1) do I need to lan pt -> router-> laptop instead of lan pt -> laptop to receive signal??

So another scenario. Becos starhub is being unstable we call in to troubleshoot. As usual they ask u to do alot of things, on/off this n tt, plug in/out this n tt ...

So they ask us to connect our laptop directly to the lan pt at tv console and we actually receive signal even when we bypass the router ... Starhub mention our ONT can serve as router or sth I'm not sure cos hub is the one on the phone ...

Qn 2) if I can connect directly to lan pt at the tv console area y I can't connect directly at the game room? Isit the lan pt conversion nv do properly??

Hope someone can help me thnx!! :)

if you connect laptop directly to ONT port2, does it work?

When u connect new converted LAN point (for study) to ONTport2, u use CAT6 cable? Sometimes this cable can be defective

All LAN points can be connected to laptop directly although there are exceptions.

I have this qn to ask, and hope some expert n help me with this ... Thnx in advance!!~

I am using starhub fibre broadband.

Currently my game room tel pt is converted to a lan pt ... Planning for additional router there to improve the wireless. But currently we r not using it yet.

So inside my DB box the optical fibre TP is connected to the ONT port1 and then Cat6 cable out from ONT to the default lan pt provided by hdb which terminates at the tv console. The lan pt at the tv console then has a Cat6 cable connected to a wireless router. I then have devices like soundbar, android box etc connected to the router ....

Now back to the DB box. For testing, I then try to connect the new lan pt to the ONT port2. Then when I connect the laptop directly to the terminated lan pt in game room, I can't receive any signal.

Qn 1) do I need to lan pt -> router-> laptop instead of lan pt -> laptop to receive signal??

So another scenario. Becos starhub is being unstable we call in to troubleshoot. As usual they ask u to do alot of things, on/off this n tt, plug in/out this n tt ...

So they ask us to connect our laptop directly to the lan pt at tv console and we actually receive signal even when we bypass the router ... Starhub mention our ONT can serve as router or sth I'm not sure cos hub is the one on the phone ...

Qn 2) if I can connect directly to lan pt at the tv console area y I can't connect directly at the game room? Isit the lan pt conversion nv do properly??

Hope someone can help me thnx!! :)

Your connections are wrong.

The optical cable from the TP is connected to the Optical port of the ONT. From the ONT, only ONT Port 1 is active. You cannot use ONT 2, 3 or 4.

Like this: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/62505-top-kew-drive/?p=835980

If you list out the equipment you have and take a picture of the DB box with all the ports, then it is easier to tell you what you can do.

ok .... i found this at the starhub troubleshooting website:

5. What is a Home Gateway (HG) and what benefits does a Wireless HG give?

The Wireless Home Gateway is an all-in-one device that supports data, voice and wireless home networking, which saves you from having to deal with messy cables or buying multiple devices. It comes with parental control features so that you can block access to specific undesirable websites, a firewall that protects you from hackers and automatic software upgrades.

More importantly, it enables a certain level of QoS for your DVH service so as to ensure the quality of the calls, and also enables future services to be added later.

Only one port is activated with a Next Gen NBN access plan. The rest of the ports are not activated. If you want to share the Internet connection with multiple devices, you can connect a wireless RG to the ONT and use it as a wireless router.

6. Why can't I use the rest of the ports on the ONT?

Only one port is activated with a MaxInfinity access plan. The rest of the ports are not activated. If you want to share the Internet connection with multiple devices, you can connect a wireless HG to the ONT and use it as a wireless router.

14084007219_dcb1f7e3d4_b.jpg

this is my current setup at home ...anyway i'm using these default devices provided by starhub.

now i know that ONT port2 is useless :( ... isit possible to activate port2? ... will there be disadvantages to it? so hmmm what should I do now to connect that new lan point in the DB box? i don need my wireless router to be inside the DB box. i wan the router to be at the tv console area (currently where I am putting) and a new additional router to be at game room (newly converted tel -> lan pt). what wireless router do u all recommend to put inside my game room?

thanks alot!! :D

if you connect laptop directly to ONT port2, does it work?

When u connect new converted LAN point (for study) to ONTport2, u use CAT6 cable? Sometimes this cable can be defective

All LAN points can be connected to laptop directly although there are exceptions.

Your connections are wrong.

The optical cable from the TP is connected to the Optical port of the ONT. From the ONT, only ONT Port 1 is active. You cannot use ONT 2, 3 or 4.

Like this: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/62505-top-kew-drive/?p=835980

If you list out the equipment you have and take a picture of the DB box with all the ports, then it is easier to tell you what you can do.

now i know that ONT port2 is useless :( ... isit possible to activate port2? ... will there be disadvantages to it? so hmmm what should I do now to connect that new lan point in the DB box? i don need my wireless router to be inside the DB box. i wan the router to be at the tv console area (currently where I am putting) and a new additional router to be at game room (newly converted tel -> lan pt). what wireless router do u all recommend to put inside my game room?

thanks alot!! :D

The most important consideration for home networking is the location of your distribution point i.e. where all your cables start and branch out. I explained this in a bit more detail here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/62505-top-kew-drive/?p=835976 But in your case, you were converting from the existing telephone network, so your distribuiton point is in the db box as shown in your picture. The network you have is simply cables leading from the various rooms to this db box. There is no connection between these different cables.

I assume you are using the SH supplied Home Gateway. Your Home Gateway is like a multi point extension cord. From one cable point split into many points (wireless plus 4 ports). The connection should be from TP to Optical port of ONT. From the ONT1 port of the ONT to the WAN port of the Home Gateway. As I said, only ONT1 is active. Then from the Home Gateway, you can connect up to 4 cables to your different rooms. Your home gateway will need to be in this db box, I guess.

Once again, the connection should be: TP --> ONT --> Home Gateway --> the various cables to your various locations

I do not believe it is possible to activate ONT2. That is reserved for other service providers.

You can connect additional wireless routers at the various rooms. This is what I do for my house. But these routers must be set to "bridge" mode.

The above is my limted understanding. I stand corrected.

Edited by kstoh

• Like 1

Have u tried baking cookies and cakes yet? Does the heat spread evenly, and does the goodies turn out nice.? And for grilling, easy to clean up? Im in love with the design of kuche oven..finally found some reviews here!

thnx kstoh~~ very detailed explanantion ... will try and hope it works :)

The most important consideration for home networking is the location of your distribution point i.e. where all your cables start and branch out. I explained this in a bit more detail here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/62505-top-kew-drive/?p=835976 But in your case, you were converting from the existing telephone network, so your distribuiton point is in the db box as shown in your picture. The network you have is simply cables leading from the various rooms to this db box. There is no connection between these different cables.

I assume you are using the SH supplied Home Gateway. Your Home Gateway is like a multi point extension cord. From one cable point split into many points (wireless plus 4 ports). The connection should be from TP to Optical port of ONT. From the ONT1 port of the ONT to the WAN port of the Home Gateway. As I said, only ONT1 is active. Then from the Home Gateway, you can connect up to 4 cables to your different rooms. Your home gateway will need to be in this db box, I guess.

Once again, the connection should be: TP --> ONT --> Home Gateway --> the various cables to your various locations

I do not believe it is possible to activate ONT2. That is reserved for other service providers.

You can connect additional wireless routers at the various rooms. This is what I do for my house. But these routers must be set to "bridge" mode.

The above is my limted understanding. I stand corrected.

hi linsullen~~

apart from the chicken, i've tried baking molten lava cake and its very successful :good:

did cookies at my friend's house ... who uses kuche as well .... n is fine too ... haven't try it myself though ...

haha not very sure about the heat spreading evenly or not ... but the oven have different heat function to choose for different cooking purposes, so i think its quite ok ...

cleaning wise is minimal because usually i will put aluminium foil or parchment paper when i use the oven so no hard scrubbing for me ...

Have u tried baking cookies and cakes yet? Does the heat spread evenly, and does the goodies turn out nice.? And for grilling, easy to clean up? Im in love with the design of kuche oven..finally found some reviews here!

I buy from lion city co ... But sorry I forgot the price & can't find the receipt at the moment ... Haha will update u after I dig out my receipt ... If I rem correctly is ~$500

Thanks! Will be checking it out later.May i ask where u bought it from and how much?