Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
twiddlebug

Partial Reno For Tampines Em

Have been in stealth mode for past 1-2 months while wifey and I are getting OTP done for our second home, EM at Tampines!!

Here is the floorplan

245.jpg

First appointment 26 Apr, the place was renovated around 3-4 years ago so we'll be keeping most of the L1 fixtures. Unfortunately the L2 flooring needs to be redone, so its still gonna be a headache.

Need suggestions from you creative people here, wifey wants a WIW for the MBR, FSM says bed cannot be at the toilet entrance. Window side have a ledge not sure if erect a false wall how to deal with the gap there. How????

Edited by twiddlebug

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi twiddle bug, congrats! U ve the same layout as mine. Is yours 150sq also?

This is the 1st gen EM but i love it as the regular. Layout makes it easy to design.

Hi Twiddle,

We got the same layout, I also create a WIW in the master bedroom but it will be small if you don't mind.

Hi soonliew, how did u do your wiw? The missus is very firm on having a wiw but I told her the walking space might be an issue.

Hi twiddle bug, congrats! U ve the same layout as mine. Is yours 150sq also?

This is the 1st gen EM but i love it as the regular. Layout makes it easy to design.

Hi potatoes, I have read thru your whole t-blog actually haha!! Yep mine is 150sq as seller bought the recess at main door area.

• Like 1

If MBR is needed, I will suggest it to be at the bottom left as too near the bathroom is not advisable.

Hope this helps

If MBR is needed, I will suggest it to be at the bottom left as too near the bathroom is not advisable.

Hope this helps

Proposed wiw at left side of room as well, rejected by wifey saying purpose of wiw is u bathe come out can change clothes, if need to run across the room might as well dun do. Anyway fsm say bed cannot be right side near toilet....that's y headache now

Anyway managed to dig out some photos of the stuff we keeping from property webby

Kitchen

8a068843378446_1_V550.jpg

Stairs

cc9b4d43378513_1_V550.jpg

Changing top row kitchen cabinet doors to silver-grey as there is some panels which turned yellow. Would be removing glass panel at sink area if possible as well.

[quote name="twiddlebug" post="839295"

Hi potatoes, I have read thru your whole t-blog actually haha!! Yep mine is 150sq as seller bought the recess at main door area.

Thanks for taking time to read my blog.....I was thinking no one will visit it as I don't update it anymore. Like many other blogs, it will soon obsolete. Hahaha.....

Btw, I notice a glass door panel in the living area. I was thinking of doing something like this too.

Edited by potatoes

Hi twiddlebug

Nice hse u gt there! Can save alot since it's existing is already gd. mind I ask ur cov? ;)

Btw if u dun reali require the other bedrms, u can consider combinin both the BR2 & 3 together n create a WIW + toilet which is away fr ur bed.. I tink a lot of couples do these nwadays coz all gals wan a Wiw nw (includin me) 😬

Thanks for taking time to read my blog.....I was thinking no one will visit it as I don't update it anymore. Like many other blogs, it will soon obsolete. Hahaha.....

Btw, I notice a glass door panel in the living area. I was thinking of doing something like this too.

Arrr yes cos the living room area has an aircon. According to owner, living area cools up very fast with the glass closed. It would be shiok to have steamboat and watch TV at the balcony area in aircon LOL!!

Balcony is already levelled, roof for balcony done, windows swee swee le also. We are considering removing the glass doors, as our 1yr old monster is starting to roam around, concerned about safety of having such huge panels of glass....

Hi twiddlebug

Nice hse u gt there! Can save alot since it's existing is already gd. mind I ask ur cov? ;)

Btw if u dun reali require the other bedrms, u can consider combinin both the BR2 & 3 together n create a WIW + toilet which is away fr ur bed.. I tink a lot of couples do these nwadays coz all gals wan a Wiw nw (includin me)

Hi there, pm you the COV.

Unfortunately got to keep the other bedrooms, my parents staying with me and our boy will need his own room eventually. If we were staying alone, your idea would definitely work!

Anyway have been messing around with floorplanner, came up with something like this for MBR, Saw from ikea webby depth for wardrobes with sliding door ~60cm, thinking of having the left side wardrobes with sliding doors, right with with sliding also but more shallow depth, maybe around 40-50cm to keep folded clothes, leaving around 70cm for walkway. Any advise as to whether 70cm is sufficient?

And with this 'pattern', got new problems, the windows is full length with a small ledge in front, if want to do false wall, how can they cover the ledge at the window side? :dunno:

Capture-1.jpg

Anyway reason for having sliding doors for wardrobe, our current WIW is open concept alumix system, everytime I do cleaning, do 1 time curse 1 time y not covered.