Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

im still looking for a freelance carpenter to help me build a pet rack.. anyone can intro pls!!

Maybe u wana contact one of the forummer here, his nick "ContractorPrice". His price still reasonable for such small project but i have yet to engage his service though.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi NingNing, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full!

haha...

anyway can share the links for the following items you bought from Taobao via PM please?

Thanks in advance!!

- Toilet accessories ( toilet brush, toilet paper holder, towel rail, shampoo holder)
- Lights ( LED downlights, ceiling lights, pendant lights)
- Basin and cabinet for toilets with mirror
- Kitchen Sink and tap
- Magnifying mirror
- insect catcher
- mirror cabinet
- TV bracket
- Dining table

Hi,

Can PM me your ID details pls? Thanks

hi, pm-ed

Maybe u wana contact one of the forummer here, his nick "ContractorPrice". His price still reasonable for such small project but i have yet to engage his service though.

Thank you! ill get the diamensions of my tanks first. =DD

Can u PM me the link for the table??? Been looking ard for a nice extendable table.

pm-ed

Hi NingNing, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full!

haha...

anyway can share the links for the following items you bought from Taobao via PM please?

Thanks in advance!!

- Toilet accessories ( toilet brush, toilet paper holder, towel rail, shampoo holder)
- Lights ( LED downlights, ceiling lights, pendant lights)
- Basin and cabinet for toilets with mirror
- Kitchen Sink and tap
- Magnifying mirror
- insect catcher
- mirror cabinet
- TV bracket
- Dining table

WAH! tts alot of links to copy and paste, ill pm you.

:notti: probably a side-effect of my job...haha....been lurking in your blog and keeping an eye out for the expanding table review.

You are very sharp!

hi, pm-ed

Thank you! ill get the diamensions of my tanks first. =DD

pm-ed

WAH! tts alot of links to copy and paste, ill pm you.

I need the insect catcher please~~~~

Ahhboi, u may want to try this. I haven try it but not too sure whether it only catch mosquito or other flying insect as well.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ANTI-DENGUE-UV-ANTI-MOSQUITO-LAMP/409516220

This one almost same price but looks more powerful.

http://www.qoo10.sg/GMKT.INC/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=414697549

Edited by Vct

• Like 1

i got a something like this 2 weeks back. The zapper zaps all sort of flying insect.. EXCEPT mosquitoes :no:

for mosquitoes, i think you need those that give out carbon dioxide.

I may be DIY-ing a CO2 dispenser after the school holidays

Edited by alfredt

Hi Ning Ning,

Can share with me your contact for YF?

Am Thinking of purchasing a victoria bed for my daughter from TB.. Hehe..

hehe can you also share with me the links for thise items you bought from Taobao..

Thanks you very much in advance..

:notti: probably a side-effect of my job...haha....been lurking in your blog and keeping an eye out for the expanding table review.

LOL! i have a lurker! I have already placed order and now PATIENTLY waiting for the table. I am hoping it comes in one piece and not broken as what some ppl in China reported.

Hi there! Do you mind sharing your ID's contact? Thanks in advance!

pm-ed

Its USELESS. really useless. (u can have it if you want. just come and collect from me. ) it operates with LED lights (which i dont think is strong enough to attract flies or mosquitos) and a computer fan underneath to "suck" the flies in. But after sucking in the fly.. there are HOLES below the catcher which lets the fly out by the force of the fan.. :bangwall: i noe coz i tested it with paper and a dead mosquito.

Ahhboi, u may want to try this. I haven try it but not too sure whether it only catch mosquito or other flying insect as well.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/ANTI-DENGUE-UV-ANTI-MOSQUITO-LAMP/409516220

This one almost same price but looks more powerful.

http://www.qoo10.sg/GMKT.INC/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=414697549

i got a something like this 2 weeks back. The zapper zaps all sort of flying insect.. EXCEPT mosquitoes :no:

for mosquitoes, i think you need those that give out carbon dioxide.

I may be DIY-ing a CO2 dispenser after the school holidays

I think i will try getting a zapper instead. -.-" great idea with the CO2 dispenser tho.. maybe will think about how to do it. I rem from my CRS keeping days.. using sugar yeast and water.. dunno will attract ants instead anot. :rolleyes:

Got any lizards or cockroach zapper de bo? :lol::lol: :lol:

I am still hoping for the arrival of the table and review ~ :notti:

Its COMING!! :sport-smiley-004: eta April!

Hi Ning Ning,

Can share with me your contact for YF?

Am Thinking of purchasing a victoria bed for my daughter from TB.. Hehe..

hehe can you also share with me the links for thise items you bought from Taobao..

Thanks you very much in advance..

I would not recommand you using YF. He has driven me up and down the wall. btw, word of wise, only buy the frame and not the mattress. But if you still want his contact, pls pm me. i will give it to you along with the links.

• Like 1

So, I've been crazy busy these few days settling my office handover reno. (handover for 2 weeks already.. STILL HAVE DEFECT!!! my cupbaord door is now hanging off the hinges) WTF.

Anyway! On Saturday, we went thru the carpentery details with my designer and the uncle carpenter. Whilst taking a smoke break with the carpenter, i learned a few things from him that I would never have guessed about IDs.

1) If you get a quote from renotalk or which ever forum (means pushing the button and requesting for quotations, your quotes will be 10-20% lower than quotes u will get if you approach the company independently. this is because due to the influx of quotations you get, they are trying to be competitive. But this also means you get the luck of the draw. E.g if the company has many raves but the guy u got is new and he sucks.. then too bad. you cant choose the designer you want from requesting of quotations. (btw i have tried. didnt work. i was given a junior designer. not sure if this is a one off)

2) If you approach the ID firm through walk in or call in without any referral, you will most likely get chopped. The quotation you get will be their "original" price. This is 80% true for most companies. (double confirmed with my residential ID friends and contractors.)

3) If you like a ID that your friend used or had or you see on renotalk or WHEREver, tell the person you are calling who intro-ed you. Why? The ID that your friend used will likely give you nearly the same prices for the same items you are requesting for and the same level of professionalism and workmanship. Why is this so? It is because, you have something to compare with now. And if you two are in the same circle, you will likely sing the same praises to a larger group of friends who will be more convinced. This will work to the ID advantage.

so anyway.. i finally got to see how my ID demands the workers to listen to him. because the carpenter is from the original skycreation and not plush living, it seems that uncle got his way of doing things. While me and my hubby was sitting there, swiveling around in the nice big chairs, my id sat very close to uncle to keep insisting to do it his way. And while uncle is practical, my ID would enforce the creative and design side everytime uncle say no. so the meeting was nearly 2 hours long........... :jawdrop:

I have already given up control to my ID and let him decide on whatever he wants. Coz.. im poor at colour coordination and I have no idea actually whats going on anymore. This is now total trust that he remembers my requests and acts on them.. although i will remind him regularly and he will remind me he knows. :bleah:

This is the painting that is going on in my house now! (people 50 shades of grey, im 50 shades of blue)

MB3KpkHl.pngMcbl29Nl.pngAVXAhz4l.png

This is for my cabinet (i think)

gU1rd5cl.png3DqhbL2l.pngzaaS0Hql.png

Why do i sound so unsure? because.... haha.. i dont remember choosing them except for the paint colours.

Johnny has given in and allowed for a darker colour to be painted against his wishes but has changed abit of his design to suit the colour i want. :notti: His words " i remember u want darker darker.. so now i give you darker.. "

FRc7Angl.pngPjesVBtl.pngmXhBZm1.png8FMpXrA.pngWGmM8r2l.png

I LOOOOOOOVVVEEEE my ceilings!!!!! :dancingqueen:

Also today, other than painting, my Zhao tao is coming up!! :good:

At first there was a slight issue which i couldnt understand. ( who ask me to answer the call during a meeting) Seems that either the counter top will not fit the zhaotao or it was a cabinet door issue. Anyway, i told johnny, i die die wan zhao tao. after reading so many horror stories on renotalk about cabinets going to collapse coz of leaks or the wood seems to be rotting, droplets of water in the cabinets, i would prefer to err on the side of caution and WANT a zhaotao for the sink.

At that point, i didnt care how he do it, he had to fix it. His original suggestion was that they build the concrete sides up then where the sink was resting on, use wood. :no: no. no. no. was abit upset that this was happening. (didnt help that i lost a big sale in the morning, making my mood sibei black.) but i know that if there was a problem. he would find a solution.

1 hour later, johnny calls me and say, "I fixed it." his solution was simple. he will construct a wood support after the concrete for the doors. so.. the problem lied with the doors not being able to close. :sport-smiley-018: and it might not be inline with the design flow. I knew that I could trust him to come up with a solution! :good:

If anyone is wondering what is a zhao tao.. this is it. (please ignore the messiness)

cgJc6qnl.png

Edited by NingNing