Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi neighbour, tat desd space idea for ur waredobe looks so cool. Met with Johnny on Saturday to revise quotation and he mentions your carpentry will be up this week. Can't wait to see the nice end pdt. 😁 Hope can go up your house one day to take a look.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi neighbour, tat desd space idea for ur waredobe looks so cool. Met with Johnny on Saturday to revise quotation and he mentions your carpentry will be up this week. Can't wait to see the nice end pdt. Hope can go up your house one day to take a look.

Got open house ? ? :notti:

Hi Ning Ning,

ADVICE: please make sure that once you confirm the delivery date for the Sanzio sofa, please call the office to double-confirm that your order is indeed loaded and informed to the factory. I didn't and after waiting for 4-5 weeks, they say the salesman forgot to load the order, and have to wait for another 4-5 weeks. so total 8-10 weeks!

I saw a few that were so so.... but one in particular caught my eye. Half italian leather, L shaped and recliner (motor somemore!) and all within our 2k budget! heehee.. customization is free also. yay!! :dribble: everything my hubby wanted!

But, i have been known for making mistakes with impulse buy. So yesterday, v day, i dragged my parents to go with us to QC the sofa and see if its good. (also to acc them since my sisters are not around).

They LOVED IT! so at the last minute (they were actually closed liao) I paid the deposit. So qiao, the manager who assisted me the first time and yesterday had the same name as my id, Johnny! haha.. he even taught me a few things on how to see fake and real leather, or if the leather is bonded with PVC. Pretty useful I'll say. i used this knowledge to test out other brands of sofa and realized that its true! real full leather when pressed have wrinkles, leather with pvc wont. and another test is smell test. leather smell stays on for at least 3 yrs. if the item has no smell, its not full leather.

How some companies charge lower price for their leather sofa is by slicing the leather in half and bond them with pvc. (i dont say cheat la hor. end of the day really is still leather. but how many % no one say de la).

Anyway, this is th sofa we picked.

xxy0xpZl.jpg

hubby's friend sitting and trying the sofa, testing it out... even considering getting a new one for their place. :D

ajRTTvQl.jpg

Hi ningning! Can you Pm me Johnny's contact? :) My husband is really keen to meet up with him. Lol! We came across he tblog when searching for space saving table, and we are in the midst of shipping one in too! Hope ur table turned out awesome!

pm-ed. Ya! i really hope it comes out awesome! tt would be my best bought item in taobao.

Hi neighbour, tat desd space idea for ur waredobe looks so cool. Met with Johnny on Saturday to revise quotation and he mentions your carpentry will be up this week. Can't wait to see the nice end pdt. Hope can go up your house one day to take a look.

Hi neighbour, ya.. u can come see how its installed.

My carpentry delayed because johnny want to redo the entire thing. Just ask him to bring u up to see when its done. =)

Got open house ? ? :notti:

haha,. see how first.. see hubby allow anot.

Hi Ning Ning,

ADVICE: please make sure that once you confirm the delivery date for the Sanzio sofa, please call the office to double-confirm that your order is indeed loaded and informed to the factory. I didn't and after waiting for 4-5 weeks, they say the salesman forgot to load the order, and have to wait for another 4-5 weeks. so total 8-10 weeks!

Okie, thanks for the heads up! :jawdrop: cant imagine they forgot ur order!

hihi.. by any chance can gif me johnny's number? :)

pm-ed

so this week, my carpentry is going up. On Monday, they brought up all the fabricated carpentry:

My kitchen cabinets

Y9VL2Xdl.png

GvBmK0yl.png

GbdRWfJl.png

My zen door.. i initially wanted to choose another design.. but johnny insisted on this design. He said it will make my house look more class and the design i picked suited more for commercial and office. guess my job is now hindering my choices in terms of what i think looks nice.. :rolleyes: on second look, it did look like my lastest client's door tt i picked for his office. :sport-smiley-004:

7JF1LmHl.png

Edited by NingNing

My beautiful blue white feature wall with wavy design:

ceNzC7tl.png

johnny design to solve my problem of insects flying behind the feature wall was to put up a blocked entrace for the cove light.. so insects cannot fly behind. heehehe..

tiNXPOrl.png

But then the next picture, i realize something wrong with my feature wall..

YOcyQJul.png

There is a small jut out of the wall!! its not flushed! alamak... so there is a 1cm gap between end of the wall and the feature wall..

i started to make abit of noisy to johnny why is it not flushed against the wall..,

here was his answer:

9XIxr9Sl.png

Thanks to hdb lousy workmanship, the passage way opening, is not 90degrees! so if he flushes it against the wall, he need to put a thick line of silicon to make it even. If he doesnt wan to put a thick amount of silicon, the bottom part will jut out just to match the top and i can see if from my bed room, if we walk past, we might hit the bottom.

The other alternative is to slant the feature wall according to the shape of the passage way. but johnny feels that is too dangerous. because even the wall is not straight. :jawdrop: what the **** is hdb doing... :angry:

so bo bian. trust his experience and expert advise.. if not, i pay him for what right? :rolleyes:

Edited by NingNing

hello ningning.

care to share ur quotation and ur id? im waiting for my 3 room bto also. pm me ok. lookin forward to ur renovation pics! =D

Today is TILING DAY!!!:dancingqueen:

Johnny gave me some pictures of the tiling works.. so far so good until he highlighted to me something.

DmIipR5l.png

4sJuzwfl.png

Can anyone see the problem? i cant! but on closer look

vkDym9pl.png

py8LGWIl.png

:curse: HDB did a ****ty job leveling their toilet tiles.. it was more obvious after laying the passage way tiles. because my tiles are 60x60, the jut out and unevenness is more apparent. :~

Option one is i hack the toilet tiles and redo which is impossible!

Option 2 is leave it to johnny who said he can try to even it out as much as possible so we dont hurt ourselves. guess i have to leave it to him le ba.. :bow: lucky he spotted it. coz i wont ever have.

In my service yard, they told making the kerb for the washer already.

Johnny suggested to extend the kerb so that I dont have problems cleaning the side of the sewage pipe which is a tight corner. if not there will be very dusty

8R31Hhdl.png

thumbs up for him thinking for me and taking initiative to think of such solution. He made my reno journey so far stress free by thinking ahead and helping me think of solution before presenting the problem. :good: He's also easy to talk to, and will crack jokes sometimes (although abit cheesy). Most important, can keng gai with him and chum siong one some details and price. :notti:

My flat is well on its way on my reno journey!

have a picture of your service yard kerb ?

hello ningning.

care to share ur quotation and ur id? im waiting for my 3 room bto also. pm me ok. lookin forward to ur renovation pics! =D

Can you pm me your email address?

have a picture of your service yard kerb ?

I didnt take a picture of the kerb. i will when i go back today.

I think Johnny is insane. (but in a good way, although im not sure how good insane ppl can be) :sport-smiley-018:

Why?

This is my wardrobe.

TmbBzvEl.png

On monday, my carpentry went up. On Tuesday, Johnny went to inspect and gave order to tear it down. Because. he felt my carpenter didnt do a good job and anyhow recommand during the space planning for the wardrobe. The space given to access the dead corner is too small to be of use. The doors that he fabricated was also too thin and wont match my design. (30cm door. :jawdrop: )

He went up to my place to see the installation and lost his temper on the spot and ask the carpenter to redo. Then called me to explain and told me that he will redo it.

:good: I love johnny but i hate Sky's people's workmanship.. I think if its other ID, they might try to make me accept since its already done. Because when i explained this to my fren who is in reno, he told me.. "looks okie what.." :jawdrop: then Punggol will have a murder coz i will kill the ID who try to force me to accept. :fire:

I went up to my flat during the weekend and I saw the feature wall.. i was damned upset :angry: . some laminate were chipped, some were scratched. the joining line is really CMI. I called johnny immediately and he said he knows about it and already had ordered new laminates to rectify last week.

But the kitchen cabinets are beautifully done. every drawer fitted with Blum ( that i dont remember paying for) and the workmanship is almost flawless.. i asked the uncle why so big difference? (there was an uncle working on the kitchen cabinets when we went down on Sat) He said, he do kitchen one, another guy doing feature wall and wardrobe.

:notti: dunno can ask him do all anot. :dancingqueen:

Now waiting for rectification. hopefully i can accept. :curse:

Edited by NingNing

Thailand Songkran festival of water is from 13-15 of April..

Yesterday outside my flat, we had one also.. YES. SONGKRAN outside my flat.

Another example of the ****ty work the construction company did. MY WATER PIPE AT THE MAINS BURST! My poor neighbor who got there first, tried to save the water by braving all that pouring water, trying to find out where the damned leak was. lucky he called me and we drove like maniacs to my flat to see the situation.

for 1 hour, we stood there as water kept pouring and gushing out of the main like a water fall, unable to shut off the water while my meter run like crazy.

EMS, HDB and PUB took 1 .. yes ONE FULL hour to dispatch a plumber to stop the water leak.

This is the AWESOME video of songkran outside my flat.

http://youtu.be/TFWU-wVXMJU

Edited by NingNing

Hi Neighbour, the more u give credit to Johnny the more I am excited to start my Reno journey with him. Lol.

水为财. So u will have a Huat Huat year ahead. Tsk tsk.

Btw, any reviews can be made on the items you get from taobao?

• Like 2