Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Your Reno is the first with youtube and it's really eventful.

It's really lucky the "rain" is outside! Damage could be huge.

Can't wait to see the assembled products

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi NingNing,

I am interested in the table link and tour quotation.

Do you mind email me the link and quotation to me @ john_lim29@hotmail.com

Got your ID contact just slightly above.

Thank you.

This is totally awesome. Any final photos of your house?

Called Johnny and I will be sending him my floor plan! I hope this works out good! :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Ningning,

I would like to know more about your renovation and its cost and what are the problems that you've encountered along the way.

I'm still searching for the right ID.

Please do drop me a message.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Abdul Rahman

Edited by arahman

this is currently the 4th month that my reno is carrying on. to be fair, initially delay was my fault because of my hardware stuff and lightings that I have not purchased.

now I dunno where to put my anger.

So here is the story. Everything was going well until nearing the handover date. Johnny spotted some problems with the workmanship of my carpentry and ordered the entire wardrobe and feature wall and kitchen cabinets some of the parts to be redone AGAIN.

Here is the hit count

Redo-ing

Kitchen - 1 time

wardrobe - 3 times

feature wall - 3 times

I only have this 3 carpentry. HOW MANY TIMES CAN A CARPENTER MAKE MISTAKES?! At one point, the big boss even came down to supervise the work done.

Johnny sent me some pictures of the after and before. There really is improvement and i thank god that I have an ID who cares enough to offer to redo instead of forcing me to take it.

I was being promised that the carpentry will be nicely done by the 1st of June so that i can arrange for the furniture to be delivered on the 2nd and i can shift in on that date. (auspicious date). when i went over on 1st. OMG. i saw.. my bloody kitchen cabinet not seated on the base and being supported by a few plywood.

r6hc9nz.png knowing full well how fussy i am and that i am shifting in, this ISSUE is still very apparent to me. idiot carpenter takes no pride in his work and trying to pass this off as OK?!

This was made me lose my temper. I started going through all the carpentry one more time and seeing the problems that i mislooked the first time.

I called johnny and demanded he meet me. he said that he will meet me on 2nd june with the carpenter and painter.

When the new carpenter saw the work tt was done, all he could do was shake his head. Said that the original carpenter workmanship quite poor.

The day that I met the new carpenter, Johnny met with an accident (2nd june). sooooo end up, bo bian. i liased with the carpenter directly. but doesnt stop me from getting angry from the other workers' "touch ups" which i think is poor work in my opinon. like the skirting is not done nicely.

it has been 2 weeks since the accident.

my house is still not done. my furniture has already been delivered. i worry that the workers moving in and out will cause damage to my furniture, someone might steal something then i dunno who to blame.

I'm honestly extremely annoyed that this is going on. actually, the problems are very small however, the dragging and dragging of this stupid reno is starting to make my blood boil. even planning for my wedding was not this tedious.

I know that Johnny is a good ID and its because of the accident that causes this unfortunate delay and slip in normally high standard of service. Everything was stress free until this. My blood is boiling but i duno who to scream at. Johnny is unfortunately the poor soul that i am scolding now.

I WANT TO MOVE IN!

Edited by NingNing

• Like 2

which shop did you get your items from? which forwarder? do you mind sharing?

could you also share the link for the table? I think it will fit in perfectly for me!

When on a budget, taobao is your best friend. Some of the items that I will be buying from taobao:

- Downlights & drivers
- T5 overlay cable
- Dining lights
- Bomb shelter light
- kitchen light
- Rain shower
- Common toilet cabinet and sink
- Masterbed room toilet cabinet and sink
- Bathroom Accessories
- Common room light
- TV wall mount
- mirror cabinet
- Kitchen Sink and tap
:jawdrop: Thats a huge load of items ill be buying! I have estimated I will be saving nearly 7K on shopping on taobao. will calculate the exact figure on another day. today im just too tired after just having finished having a convo tag with my taobao agent and my id.

I will be purchasing ALOT of items from taobao to save cost, which also means, there might be delays here and there. because this is the first time im using this agent, he is making me lose some hair.

There was an item (master bed room cabinet) that was ordered wrongly (agent ordered the wrong side - he ordered left basin while i NEEDED right because of the window above the left hand side) which i caught even before it reached singapore. ( i call it intuition..my hubby calls it paranoia. 8| ) whatever it is, i caught it abit too late. just when it was delivered to the warehouse in china, so im paying S$50 to send it back to the seller and then sending it back to me.

Anyway, my reno is to start on the 25th hopefully, but without the master toilet cabinet, the entire thing will be delayed. I'm damned near hysterical because tt means i have to pay extra to have the plumber come back and fix it on a later date, or else risk delaying the entire reno. BTW. why m i almost hysterical? because this problem has dragged on for 3 days, since Thursday till today on Sat.

I am HOPING today, the problem is finally settled and no more surprises from my agent.

Johnny saw how upset i was, he thought awhile and said "nvm. i ask the plumber come back at another time to fix for you coz i can see u are quite upset. China side u cant do anything, then let me do something." thats damned sweet okie. after squeezing his prices like crazy and he pulls something out like tt, its really damned nice of him especially because the master cabinet can be delivered probably about April or MAY, when the entire reno is OVER.

I just feel damned fortunate to have an ID who doesnt mind cutting into his commission to help me. :wub:

Edited by tango

Guest Mel Issa

Hi ning ning.. im gettin my 3rm bto soon..Tkz 4 sharin ur blog n tips.. can u share n pm me ur id n quotation? Tkz lots