Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sappyd

Meadows 3Rm Bto

Agree with the cleaning part.. Was talkin abt it with my other half when we got the 3d..

Will MAYBE change the divider to a black wire mesh.. Hmmm..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey there!

Thanks for sharing your journey. We're looking to get our keys end of this year/beginning of next year and chose 3R too! So looking forward to see how your home turns out so we can learn from it. :)

And by the way, IKEA really isn't that bad - I've had IKEA furniture in my childhood room for the longest time because I have a business and I work at home regularly, so I've been "expanding" and redecorating the room. So far all our furniture has held up fine and just needs a little more TLC. And I can tell you, at least at IKEA you get what you pay for and you can SEE what you're paying for, I've seen too many friends get cheated by contractors who say one thing and build/do another and there's just no way you can get any consolation after, for a lot of them once you pay the money they'll get more and more zzz. But of course there are exceptions to the rule! :)

Have a great day! (Hey, if you wouldn't mind, could you take some pictures of the empty interior? Very curious, my layout is not exactly the same as yours (my bomb shelter is exactly aligned to my living room wall) but curious anyway! If it's too much trouble then forget it. haha, thanks!)

Hey there!

Thanks for sharing your journey. We're looking to get our keys end of this year/beginning of next year and chose 3R too! So looking forward to see how your home turns out so we can learn from it. :)

And by the way, IKEA really isn't that bad - I've had IKEA furniture in my childhood room for the longest time because I have a business and I work at home regularly, so I've been "expanding" and redecorating the room. So far all our furniture has held up fine and just needs a little more TLC. And I can tell you, at least at IKEA you get what you pay for and you can SEE what you're paying for, I've seen too many friends get cheated by contractors who say one thing and build/do another and there's just no way you can get any consolation after, for a lot of them once you pay the money they'll get more and more zzz. But of course there are exceptions to the rule! :)

Have a great day! (Hey, if you wouldn't mind, could you take some pictures of the empty interior? Very curious, my layout is not exactly the same as yours (my bomb shelter is exactly aligned to my living room wall) but curious anyway! If it's too much trouble then forget it. haha, thanks!)

Apologies.. Like some Singaporeans.. Im super kiasu.. I havent gotten the keys to my flat.. Will only get it prolly June this year but i've already Sookhui(9 creation) as my ID. Anw.. Thanks for ur input regardin Ikea stuffs.. Couldnt agree with u more. :)

wah.. the biggest living room for 3 room flat? the measurement is even bigger than some 4 room!

Since u've mentioned it, i tend to agree with u.. My living room is indeed bigger than some

Apologies.. Like some Singaporeans.. Im super kiasu.. I havent gotten the keys to my flat.. Will only get it prolly June this year but i've already Sookhui(9 creation) as my ID. Anw.. Thanks for ur input regardin Ikea stuffs.. Couldnt agree with u more. :)

Heh... Don't worry, I am the same. I'm very anxious for my new home... Haha.

My floor plan is quite similar to yours, only slight difference! Still lamenting over that 1625mm TV wall though... Very hard to execute any ideas that I wanted to do...

(aye wait, edit: quite big difference... Yours is much better than mine... Haha)

o9mvxu.jpg

Edited by bykaraanne

Design with a lot of holes will required a lot cleaning, you may want to consider the divider to be just columns

(*Hope this helps)

Design with a lot of holes will required a lot cleaning, you may want to consider the divider to be just columns

(*Hope this helps)

Thanks so much for ur feedback

Already discuss with the other half abt it.. We are not gonna do the divider. Maybe changed it to a shoe cabinet. Hmm

Thanks so much for ur feedback

Already discuss with the other half abt it.. We are not gonna do the divider. Maybe changed it to a shoe cabinet. Hmm

That is a great idea. :good:

Contractor is 9creation Pte Ltd. You can look them up in FB. I spent around 6K on the following

Kitchen

• Plaster whole kitchen wall
  • Subway tiles between top bottom cabinets
  • Carpentary top and bottom (one side)
  • Cabinet Base and Service Yard Base
  • The other side (bar counter) i install myself... i purchase wood($88 - 1.5m(L) x 0.3m(B)) from Hiap Hin at J.East. Shelf Holder($1 each) x 3 bought at Ikea
  • Install Kompacplus Kitchen Top
  • Install Oven, Hob and Hood.

Others

• Plumbing works inclusive of installing tap at kitchen
  • 2 spray guns at both toilets
  • Piping from service yard to both toilets. i use citygas Macro heater. Apparently Citygas only install pipe from the gas meter to the heater. So from the heater to the toilet, my ID install for me.
  • Electrical Works - Install Lights at all locations. Track and lights bulbs i bought in Johor while the light at kitchen i bought at Ikea. Add a few socket putlets at various location. Install Relite Fan Petit bought at a shop in Lavendar
  • Paint Job whole house. I took the premium package from Dulux.

and that's it. My quotation is just half page long. not much for my ID to supervise. She just drop by my flat once for the cabinet installation. Workmanship from the workers is superb

• Like 1

F9AE3629-953B-4F09-B759-87FDDA84CE1A_zps

Do you happen to know the brand/make of your track lights, Sappyd? Their width and the diameter of the conduit seem to match rather well. I'd thought they were an extension or part of the conduit.

How are you liking the Relite Petite so far, please? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Congrats! Your new home looks good. When are you moving in? :thumbs up:

Hi JohnB. Ur hse looking great too.. 😃😃😃

Im not moving in anytime soon. Slowly saving up for more furnitures:

Relite Petit is ok for me. I should have bought an extension to make it lower cos couldnt feel the wind although i set it at full speed. I live at top floor and the ceiling is higher. I saw that Elmark has black fan as well.. Saw it at Popeye's@West Coast Plaza. Prolly u wanna go there and give it a test.

The track lights i bought it at Tampoi Lighting Ctr at JB. I cant remember the brand and price. And they were installed by my ID's electrician.