Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

Haven't been able to update at all past week. Mostly finished, but found a corner under aircon trunking not painted...but that's about all I spotted....Actually is my mum spotted when she happen to be sitting down and look across the room... LOL....

I dunno how to check or really ok? :P

Next is the headache on packing and moving.....Any recommendations for movers?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My 'old fashioned' dining table. I dunno...my sister keeps saying marble is old fashioned...but I thought it looked ok. Color is an off-white with the natural markings of marble (some brown, some grey, some beige) :P

IMG_2623_zpscb71b0db.jpg

In the midst of setup ~

IMG_2610_zps84c1c683.jpg

Closer look : ~

IMG_2659_zpseb19157f.jpg

Edited by koori

Forgot to update the window film earlier :

IMG_2604_zps79759e81.jpg

Not bad workmanship. slight bubbles at the very end corners, but it could be it's not fully adhered yet when I saw them around Wednesday. The sub-contractor replaced them Tuesday late afternoon. I forgot to take a closer look today when I was at the unit....oh well, not a big concern to me, so I didn't check again. :P

Much better than the previous owner's whose film stopped very short of the edge of the window, so can see about 1cm of glass collecting dirt....

IMG_2606_zpsa6731346.jpg

This is one of the loose pieces I found lying around...stuck to curtains mostly. haha...

I asked for plain white color to get the frosted glass effect.

The 8 feet wardrobe I got from neighbourhood furniture shop. Waited a very long time for this. It only arrived around 6.45pm today...took 3 guys to fix it up.

IMG_2735_zpsb590aab2.jpg

Edited by koori

The quite plain black TV console I got from the same furniture shop. It was shown in the catalog only in white...hehe...I asked the shop if they have it in black and this is the end product after 'customisation'.

Black slightly glossy exterior. The top is a piece of glass.

Inside laminate is a dark walnut color.

IMG_2621_zps3f3d14eb.jpg

Forgot to update the window film earlier :

IMG_2604_zps79759e81.jpg

Not bad workmanship. slight bubbles at the very end corners, but it could be it's not fully adhered yet when I saw them around Wednesday. The sub-contractor replaced them Tuesday late afternoon. I forgot to take a closer look today when I was at the unit....oh well, not a big concern to me, so I didn't check again. :P

Much better than the previous owner's whose film stopped very short of the edge of the window, so can see about 1cm of glass collecting dirt....

This is one of the loose pieces I found lying around...stuck to curtains mostly. haha...

I asked for plain white color to get the frosted glass effect.

So they will remove the old one nice nice?? How much is it? Can PM me the contacts please~~~~~~~~~~ :notti:

So they will remove the old one nice nice?? How much is it? Can PM me the contacts please~~~~~~~~~~ :notti:

Yep, they removed the old one nicely before pasting the new one. My mom was there to open the door for the sub-con, she mentioned an older guy Mr Neo plus 2 workers was there. Mr Neo said must look for my main contractor, cannot go to him directly...not ethical coz he got the business through my main contractor Alex. Haha....

My main contractor must be a 'good' guy with all these sub contractors...all of them always say must let him know, they won't accept add-on by-passing Alex. The electrician uncle was also like that... :D

I PM you my main con number and cost....not sure if you would get charged the same though...maybe different window numbers and all.....

You can try contacting him to see if he can help with the small project. :)

• Like 1

Got a storage stool for the hall. Intending to place a shoe cabinet beside this. Some hiccups with delivery, said to deliver Wed late evening but didn't arrive. Re-delivery arranged today.

Quite nice. I was eyeing this at taobao too, but due to the size, I think it might cost quite a bit to ship from China.

Think is cheaper to get it on qoo10 when it's on discount.

IMG_2637_zps2f6c1bde.jpg

IMG_2638_zpsc49ab8c9.jpg

Settled the bill today~ Total came up to $32,050 including electricals, excluding the sink/taps, etc... Not a lot of difference from the original considering I did add quite a number of stuff along the way.

Alex also purchased the water closets, taps and sinks, even the Turbo glass hob on my behalf. Bill for these is about $1,400. See how 'hands-off' I am? :P

Some overall pictures just for the heck of it...yet to move in. Arranged for movers in 2 weeks time. :D

IMG_2648_zpsf6b09436.jpg

IMG_2647_zpsb75ebaa7.jpg

Now that it's completed, can safely say I would recommend Alex to anyone looking for contractor.

Easy going, no black faces even when you tell him you wanna change something or tell him you spotted something needing to rectify. I think his 口头禅is ‘不好意思’ . Most frequently heard phrase from the many phone calls to him. :D

Not much rectifications either. I only saw one dripping bidet spray connection, some missed painting....everything else was good. Mom also looked around, so confirm ok....In fact the missed painting were all spotted by mom. Noob me vs mom who has 2 flats reno under her belt. :P

He can advise on the aesthetics too. Tiles/grilles/paint....in fact most of the colors were based on his recommendations.

He was also the only one who had a suggestion on my flat's layout : create a doorway in BR2 facing MBR door. ALL the other IDs / contractors I spoke to recommended reverting back to the original HDB layout when I said I wanted the storeroom rebuilt, which meant even more hacking and walls building. Plus the MBR door will now be facing the living room, which means less privacy.

If you spot something on internet, can show him pics and he can 'copy' quite well. :notti: Or tell you if it's not suitable for your place for watever reason...like my rockstone paint walls which gets in the way of most stuff... :bleah:

Disadvantage would be no 3D drawings that some folks like. There were a couple of drawings [hand-drawn] done for the cabinetry. If you have a good idea of what you want, this lack of 3D shouldn't be an issue.

Another thing is, he doesn't answer messages/watsapp fast enough for my liking....so I call him up when I simply must have an answer...maybe that's why I hear the phrase ‘不好意思’ so often. wahaha....

Updates with the photos of the existing condition :

The living room

IMG_1978_zpsffaf5d0a.jpg

The built in display cabinets at the kitchen entrance. I will be taking these down. Not my taste.

IMG_1965_zps906c6420.jpg

it looks very big for 4 room.

Just the hacking - about $2.5K for hacking all the floor and wall tiles in kitchen, service balcony, the 2 bathrooms. Plus 2 new entrances (one for Bedroom 2, one for the common bathroom)

The killer is actually all those cabinetry. Dismantling those built in cabinetry in all the rooms, bedroom frame, kitchen cabinets....cost me around $1.8K.

I think probably give and take ~there isn't a separate charge for hacking the concrete stove support in the service balcony and the concrete sink support in the kitchen....

hi may i know who did the hacking? Can pm me his/her details? Thanks