Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

My new toy~

Robot Vacuum. Had to charge 12 hours solid before first use so I am not sure how it performs yet. First impressions were it looked nice and solid, 'speaks English', charger and accessories all working well.

Just sent it cleaning this morning before I left for work. Will have to check how it performs later tonight and update with review.

IMG_2747_zps0e3b2c0d.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

how did the vacuum performed ?

Free OT for boss until 9.30pm :~

Just had dinner, blah blah blah...and only got to log on now. :P

I reached home around 9.45pm or thereabouts.....and the robot vaccum was 'guai guai' sitting in its charging dock already. The charging dock seems to have moved a bit. It has turned about 45 degrees. I placed it against the wall when I left this morning, not at this strange angle. haha...probably the robot had problem with 'reverse parking' or something and turned the dock a bit. The dock is a hollow piece of plastic, so it's pretty light.

IMG_2770_zpsc8e9eb38.jpg

Look at the amount of dust and debris and hair (oh gosh, I must be a dog or something...so much hair fall) this baby collected! Really no idea where it got all the dust and stuff from. I vacuumed and mopped twice since move in liao. (ok lah. Once. 2nd time is my mom's credit. Haha)

IMG_2772_zpsc16d6d2b.jpg

I set it going while I was eating dinner...so I watched it go around the living room....It had slight trouble with space beside the wall beside my sofa. I think it can't gauge if the space is big enough for it to go past so it knocked on the wall twice before it managed to go past that area. Not hard knocks though, just light taps.

I think it still needs time to familiarize itself with the surroundings. I saw it bump into the TV console once, then back up. After that it 'knew' the console was there and backed up, turned away when it went close.

Oh..and my sofa has legs so there is space underneath the sofa. The robot went underneath the sofa too.....LOL.

For those Chinese-challenged folks out there, this robot 'speaks' English. Operating buttons (on top of the robot surface) are also in English. User manual has Chinese and English. The English is 'standard' understandable kind, not those mangled translation type.

I got the black version. [The blue model has a more powerful battery hence more expensive.]

Best part? The price dropped since I bought it. I got it at RMB1099 :( [Oh well, it's still a lot more affordable then a LG version]

Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=14473749844

Edited by koori

The Andriod box I talked about many many posts ago...I finally set it up. Got a HDMI cable from Taobao in this loot. :D

Any experts out there on this? How to get more 'useful' stuff?

The range of stuff accessible on this is not very attractive leh....YouTube, Baidu, Google search, calculator (who switch on TV to use calculator de?) , world wide web explorer, google search and a couple of media players from Philips. [ can plug in USB and play videos / music from this thing I guess....]

Tried to search in google play, but the free Apps are pathetic...Must pay then got good stuff har? :P

IMG_2759_zps808ee41e.jpg

IMG_2760_zpsba66cccc.jpg

Just realised I didn't take any photos of the boxes and boxes of stuff when they arrived. LOL.

Picture below was taken after I was more or less done with the unpacking.

Mom was already watching TV while I was unpacking... :D

IMG_2708_zpsc2a4a104.jpg

Wah, your living looks big! Think you will need a lot more furniture. lol

This is the 'largest' piece of item I've bought from Taobao to date. Coffee / Side table. I got a set of one bigger, one smaller size.

Came protected with wooden crate on the sides, plus styrofoam inside the box. No damages as far as I can see.

Took me a long time to pry open the crates as there were nails all over. Didn't have a crowbar so used screwdriver flat end to pry upwards to get a 'space', after which the end of the hammer worked well. Hee~

The bigger table went to the corner - for placing the modems and what nots. This is the 'price' of not doing TV feature wall. LOL....lots of wires running around. Will figure out how to 'neaten' them up later.

IMG_2742_zps8288114d.jpg

Same as me, but I use a ikea one. The wires really...... $%#^$&%&$

My new toy~

Robot Vacuum. Had to charge 12 hours solid before first use so I am not sure how it performs yet. First impressions were it looked nice and solid, 'speaks English', charger and accessories all working well.

Just sent it cleaning this morning before I left for work. Will have to check how it performs later tonight and update with review.

IMG_2747_zps0e3b2c0d.jpg

Same same also! I also got one in white color! lol

Very usefull for lazy pple like me. lol

Wah, your living looks big! Think you will need a lot more furniture. lol

Same as me, but I use a ikea one. The wires really...... $%#^$&%&$

Ya~the living is big and I dunno wat else to put there. Haha...I didn't like the idea of a dining table smack in front of the front door area, but that was the main suggestion from the IDs I talked to during the initial stage when I was still sourcing ID/contractors.

The wires all over the place, no energy to look into them yet. Haha...will see first since my mio tv modem is temporary. So wires likely to reduce later...I only took up 6 mths coz there is a promotion at singtel. Pay for mioTV 6mths and get 6mths broadband internet free....

The vacuum toy is really tempting and now in my wishlist.

Great to see it in action with those dust and dirt!

The zabalang other stuff that were in my previous TB loot. Finally have time to sit down to type about them :

Memory foam floor mats. Soft and really 'springs back' :

Good~cushy. My mom's comment was : why buy so 'high-class' floor mat? >.<

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=17136710247

IMG_2761_zps56290444.jpg

Wooden rice container. Very cute size coz it's for 5 kg rice only. I dunno if true to volume coz procrastinator me have not bought rice yet. :D

Updates : Finally got rice yesterday. It's just me, and I'm not really fond of carbo....so no idea how long to go through 5kg of rice. LOL.

Report = the container is capable of holding 5kg rice. There is space for a bit more actually. I can still fit the rice measuring cup inside the holder.

Latest update -> updated with picture of container with rice in.

Woody smell, smooth wood and looks quite 'solid'.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.0.0.N7nRCq&id=37060132614&rn=&acm=03054.1003.1.67386&uuid=k98v7kB3&abtest=_AB-LR32-PV32_503&scm=1003.1.03054.ITEM_37060132614_67386&pos=3

IMG_3093_zps91631f09.jpg

I actually ordered the design below and the seller sent wrongly. Peeka did check and ask and I decided to accept the design sent to me as it looked like less grooves on the cover and probably means less dirt accum? I dunno...anyways, too late to regret. :P

11_zps9192952a.gif

Wall clock :

Is good~ really silent clock, keeps time accurately so far.

Mom's comment : 'why so big numbers?'

My reply : 'Coz I half blind.... -__-'

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10764163193

IMG_2744_zpsd0bca104.jpg

Edited by koori

More stuff~

Remote control dust covers....so cute~

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19190803446

IMG_2891_zps6ad3874e.jpg

Straw storage box. Packs flat, there is hard cardboard to fit at the bottom after opening it up. fits nicely in wardrobe and cheerful color. Don't get it if you mind straw smell though.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14672242355

IMG_2762_zps61f7f0c9.jpg

IMG_2763_zps23b74498.jpg

Bedsheet ~

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14250145328

I dunno how to convert the chinese fabric metric system to Singapore's frequently used threadcount....

All I can say is this Tencel fabric is very soft and silky, slippery and cool to the touch. It's softer than even the 700TC Akemi cotton sateen bedsheets I bought in SG.

Important notes : remember to select the '床笠‘ style ! The regular sheets are flat sheet - aka. one big piece of cloth.

Tencel bedsheet translates as '天丝四件套‘ or '天丝床上用品‘ A lot more sellers selling Tencel bedsheets, can just do a search too instead of the seller I picked.

IMG_2900_zps6bde17cc.jpg

The elastic is only in the 4 corners though, so this thing still fit a bit loosely on my super single bed. I just tucked the excess fabric under the matteress. Haha...

IMG_2901_zpsa649efce.jpg

Tencel bedsheet translates as '天丝四件套‘ or '天丝床上用品‘ A lot more sellers selling Tencel bedsheets, can just do a search too instead of the seller I picked.

Hmmm....sounds a little..... :sport-smiley-004:

Tencel bedsheet translates as '天丝四件套 or '天丝床上用品 A lot more sellers selling Tencel bedsheets, can just do a search too instead of the seller I picked.

Hmmm....sounds a little..... :sport-smiley-004:

Yah....sounds like for some 'bed sports'. Hahah...I saw this description frequently in the TB listings.

Edited by koori